Anyone else experiencing difficulties conceiving no.2 or beyond?

People think that don't they. My GP actually said to me that I should enjoy my little girl. Lol of course I enjoy my little girl it's because I love her so much and think she is utterly amazing that I long for another baby. I think it's really hard for mummies with difficulties conceiving subsequent children - the stakes are so much higher as we know how much we have to lose.

me too :(

DD was conceived in may 2010 when i was on the depo contraception injection, so a big *but lovely* surprise.

me and DH got married in august 2012 and been trying ever since (10 months) naively thought i'd be pregnant by now. nope nothing!

periods are quite regular, always know when i'm ovulating (CM and ovulation sticks) sex everyday a week before OV and 3 days after just to be sure. taking folic acid, don't drink, don't smoke, BMI ever so slightly underweight but have been increasing healthy food intake last 4 months to put on a few pounds. now weighing 8st height 5''5 so BMI pretty much spot on.

i'm honestly at a loose end and so fed up. everybody seems to be pregnant around me. crying everytime AF shows her horrid face.

have thought about going to the doctors, but can't help i'll get laughed at as we already have a beautiful healthy 3 year old. :( *sighs*

:hugs: Helen it really is so hard :cry: I would definitely go to your GP. My GP told me that for couples that already have a child they are expected to conceive within six months rather than the year that they give to those ttc no.1.

Did you have a normal delivery with your DD?

I've had all the bloods etc done and trans vaginal scans so strange, I have actually more or less given up as it was making me anxious. I tried opk, tablets, lubes alsorts hence why I'm so despondent, I just want a sibling for Aiden. Everyone who had one with me already had another or is pg :(((( xxx

Yes defo my heart goes out to women trying for there 1st but I was one of those women ho struggled so long to get my son , ino just how much it hurts , just because we have one child doesn't stop us wanting more we are allowed to want more x

Sucks massively :cry: It really does become consuming. Massive :hugs: fairy. All my birth group are either just given birth just about to pop or are announcing their pregnancies. It's hard not to become a bitter twisted old moo :rofl: I have found friends announcing their pregnancies can really knock me though. I need to get a grip :rofl:

Donna- your right we do have the right to want another child. It's such a shame that we are made to feel silly or greedy for having these natural feelings :(

Yes my so called pregnant best friend , she's pregnant with baby 2 basically told me I shud be happy I've got 1 child cuz some people can't have that, sh realy upset me , we are al thankful we have children but the long doesn't stop after one , most of the girls I was pregnant with are now pregnant again, my brothers gf is pregnant with her 3rd he baby is only 6 months x

:hugs: Helen it really is so hard :cry: I would definitely go to your GP. My GP told me that for couples that already have a child they are expected to conceive within six months rather than the year that they give to those ttc no.1.

Did you have a normal delivery with your DD?

hi clareabell, well i had a ventouse delivery as i'm quite small framed and DD was in a awkward position and getting stuck under my pelvic bone (not sure if that's classed as a 'normal' delivery) but it was all natural no pain relief etc, and was a very quick birth (was already 9cm's dilated when arrived at the hospital)

oh really? i might see about making an appointment at my doctors and see if they can suggest anything for us. i'm ready to try anything right now! thanks for replying, much appreciated xx :)

Helen - my DD got stuck in my pelvic bone too her head was half delivered but she went into fetal distress and I was rushed down for an emergency c sec. It definetly can't hurt to go to the GP. :hugs:

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to send all of you :hugs:

We've just started TTC#2. We've been NTNP since February but agreed that in May we'd actively start TTC. I've been using OPK's this month but so far they're all negative, which got me worrying... and now that I've been reading the responses on this thread I'm convinced it will take us a long time as well :nope:

I also had an emergency c-section followed by an awful infection, but I had never before considered the possibility that that would have an effect on getting pregnant again!

I know we haven't been trying anywhere near as long as most of you, but it's heartening to know that other ladies have the same worries and feel the same about wanting #2 so badly. Many of the ladies from my bump buddies have already had #2 or are pregnant again, as well as many of our friends IRL. I'm hoping we can join them sooner rather than later!

:hi: Itsy your little boy is a few days younger than my DD she was born on 26th June 2011. Can you believe they are almost 2 :cry: we are all in the same boat it seems having fairly straight forward times conceiving no.1 to encounter difficulties with no.2. It really does come as a huge shock!!!

:hi: Itsy your little boy is a few days younger than my DD she was born on 26th June 2011. Can you believe they are almost 2 :cry: we are all in the same boat it seems having fairly straight forward times conceiving no.1 to encounter difficulties with no.2. It really does come as a huge shock!!!

No, I can't believe they're almost 2! Where did my little baby go??? :baby:

I also got pregnant with Bram our first month TTC... I always thought it'd be the same for #2. It's crazy how much longer it can take!

Hi itsychik,

Can I just ask how many times you use the OPK per day? Also, what time of day you use it?
I've been trying for number 2 for about 16 months now and it's so disheartening :cry: So far, I have nothing wrong with me......

Xxx

Its hard :( I'm starting the clear blue trial but have to wait til my next cycle , a whole month x hope u al get ur bfps soon x

Woke up to another pregnancy announcement from a friend on FB today. Feeling pretty crappy now so consoling myself with a tube of Pringles :rofl: when will it be my turn!!!

Big hugs hun, hope ur ok. Its so hard, so many people always seem to get pregnant around u when ur trying :( x my bros gf is expecting her 3rd! Her 2nd is only 6months old x

We have not been TTC long for #2 (cycles just returned a few months ago after breast feeding) but am getting intense baby fever that surprises me since I have one daughter. I am with you in seeing how amazing our first children are and wanting them to have siblings desperately. Praying we all get our bfps soon :)

Hi itsychik,

Can I just ask how many times you use the OPK per day? Also, what time of day you use it?
I've been trying for number 2 for about 16 months now and it's so disheartening :cry: So far, I have nothing wrong with me......

Xxx

I was using them once a day up until CD16 (in the morning, around 8am), then twice a day (8am and 6pm, before dinner) for the past couple days. Still no positive... :nope:

Have been having EW CM for 2 days...

I started using them in Feb and got 4 positives on CD16 and on CD17 (2 each day) but haven't tested again since. So this month I was trying again but so far all negative....

Thanks guys. I will get over it. Have to keep the faith because the thought that I will never have another pregnancy or kiss the head of my new born baby is unthinkable. On a brighter note anyone up to anything exciting today? I'm off work this week so took my DD to play group and am catching up with a non pregnant mummy friend for lunch :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->