Anyone else experiencing difficulties conceiving no.2 or beyond?

Itsy- I could be talking poop but I'm pretty sure opk's are best to be used in the afternoon say around 2pm. Are you temping as well? I find it really helpful to confirm that OV has actually taken place. Fertility friend app is fab and has really helped me to get a good understanding of what is going on. :hugs:

Hi itsychik,

Can I just ask how many times you use the OPK per day? Also, what time of day you use it?
I've been trying for number 2 for about 16 months now and it's so disheartening :cry: So far, I have nothing wrong with me......

Xxx

I was using them once a day up until CD16 (in the morning, around 8am), then twice a day (8am and 6pm, before dinner) for the past couple days. Still no positive... :nope:

Have been having EW CM for 2 days...

I started using them in Feb and got 4 positives on CD16 and on CD17 (2 each day) but haven't tested again since. So this month I was trying again but so far all negative....

That's what I wanted to find out. Usually it's best to test at around 10 am and then the next at 6pm so you don't miss your surge.

Please don't panic about having a negative so far. I have EWCM for up to 5 days before I get a positive on my OPK. I get mucus on day 14 and then get my positive day 19.

Just keep testing and you should get the positive!

Clare, :hugs: I believe it will happen to all of us. I know of a lady who took two years to conceive her second child and then conceived her third within 8 months of her second been born.

Xxx

Sucks massively :cry: It really does become consuming. Massive :hugs: fairy. All my birth group are either just given birth just about to pop or are announcing their pregnancies. It's hard not to become a bitter twisted old moo :rofl: I have found friends announcing their pregnancies can really knock me though. I need to get a grip :rofl:

:hugs:

This is me lol I'm starting to eye roll and tut at everyone's announcements.

You just feel so left behind eh darlb:hugs: xxx

Itsy- I could be talking poop but I'm pretty sure opk's are best to be used in the afternoon say around 2pm. Are you temping as well? I find it really helpful to confirm that OV has actually taken place. Fertility friend app is fab and has really helped me to get a good understanding of what is going on. :hugs:

Yes around 2-3was when I used them last year xx

I'm having issues conceiving baby number two! We stopped using protection in July of last year and still no luck. I'm still BFing my 21 month old 1-2 times a day so I don't know if it's affecting anything, but I'm getting kind of depressed!

Thanks Fairy ;) it is nice to know I'm not the only bitter old bag out there :rofl:

:hi: Braven. I have been trying similar time to you :( I did breast feed for long so stopping was a long long time ago for me. I thought (and again this could be rubbish) that the prob with breast feeding is that it would mess up your cycles or stop them returning. My guess would be that if you are having regular periods its unlikely that the BF is having an impact. Do you temp or OPK?

Thanks Fairy ;) it is nice to know I'm not the only bitter old bag out there :rofl:

:hi: Braven. I have been trying similar time to you :( I only BF for the first 5 months so that was a long long time ago for me. I thought (and again this could be rubbish) that the prob with breast feeding is that it would mess up your cycles or stop them returning. My guess would be that if you are having regular periods its unlikely that the BF is having an impact. Do you temp or OPK?

That was kind of my thinking too. I got my cycle back when LO was only 4 1/2 months so it's been a long time. I have used OPKs a little bit but I never get good results with them. I tried using them ahead of time through OV time and I never got a true positive, this cycle I only had one and I used it when I felt OV pains and I got a positive. The month I conceived DD I used them and never got a positive.

Temping, well, LO has only just started to sort of sleep through the night but she isn't consistent. We just moved out of the only house she's ever known too and it's thrown her off a little bit. I started temping this cycle but didn't get every day in so I don't know how reliable it is. Hoping to get more regular with it going forward. So so frustrating!

I find temping really useful in confirming that O has actually taken place but it does seem quite clinical and i have found that i do become obsessive over the chart during the 2ww. Has anyone tried any alternative therapies such as reflexology or accupuncture?

When I conceived DS, I had started temping 3 months before even starting TTC but I could never find a correlation between a temp spike and my O days. Didn't match up with the OPK's or even with CM, and I did this for 3 cycles in a row. This time I decided not to 'bother' temping as my sleep/wake times are a lot less predictable with LO around!

I know it's silly to put so much faith in just waiting for a positive OPK... but I got one in Feb and then it was positive for 2 days in a row (at the same times I'm doing it now)! So now that I'm not getting a positive OPK I'm feeling a little discouraged.

How involved are your OH's in the monitoring/OPK's, etc?

My DH wants to be really involved (we seriously sat down last night to explain 'other' ways to predict ovulation, like temping and CM) but now every day he asks me, "and, any eggs today?" (he's trying to keep the mood light) but with every negative OPK it just makes me feel bad :(

@ Clare-I have not tried any other therapies, but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has :flower:

so just a few minutes ago I tried another OPK... and got a positive! :happydance:

sorry... I'm just so relieved! One less thing to worry about...

What cycle day is everyone on now?

so just a few minutes ago I tried another OPK... and got a positive! :happydance:

10 DPO for me today, no hope really. No symptoms other than what I usually have each month before AF comes. So discouraged. :cry:

Stay postive hun, I didn't have no symptoms what so ever with my son until I was around 5/6 weeks x

10 DPO for me today, no hope really. No symptoms other than what I usually have each month before AF comes. So discouraged. :cry:

Stay postive hun, I didn't have no symptoms what so ever with my son until I was around 5/6 weeks x

Same with me (I was 6 weeks before I had any symptoms at all). Keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

:) yeh my bfp was a complete shock, I was convinced it wud be a bfn! Its been two years 2moz since I got my bfp :) x

:happydance: Itsy for the positive OPK :) that's one less thing to stress about. I'm CD 4 at the mo ov on CD 19 so have a little rest period now :)

What day should I start opks do u think ? I'm on cycle day 4 ? And normaly have 28/29 cycle x

What day should I start opks do u think ? I'm on cycle day 4 ? And normaly have 28/29 cycle x

Do you know when your O date is? I had heard that the 'average' O day was CD 14, so I started using them on CD13 to be sure I wouldn't miss it (turns out that was way early for me, but better safe than sorry!)

I did once a day till CD16 then twice a day till today (positive!) and I'll do it tomorrow as well, just to check :)

Do you check CM too?

No I don't no , I do get cramps and stuff mid cycle , so could be that, what time do u do them ? X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->