Anyone else feel guilty for not wanting kids to touch you?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
I have 4 yr old twin boys and this whole pregnancy they have been driving me crazy with wanting to be on me, not sure if it's really more than normal or if I'm just so anti-touch that it seems like MORE than normal. I feel bad for telling them to just "leave mommy alone!!" and I was telling them that the baby didn't want to be touched but I stopped because I don't want them feeling resentment towards her before shes even here lol. I've been telling them it's not their fault it's just me....but them crawling all over me and having to kiss and touch and hug constantly ( and it's mainly one twin more than the other ) is making my skin crawl

The only person I don't mind touching me in an affectionate way is hubby...even other relatives are giving me the ickies..and kisses on skin are the worst like my gma kissed me on the cheek and ugh I just hated it

I feel exactly the same.

Just. Leave. Me. Alone!!

People talking to me when I want to lie down set me off at the min, it's awful!

I have 4 yr old twin boys and this whole pregnancy they have been driving me crazy with wanting to be on me, not sure if it's really more than normal or if I'm just so anti-touch that it seems like MORE than normal. I feel bad for telling them to just "leave mommy alone!!" and I was telling them that the baby didn't want to be touched but I stopped because I don't want them feeling resentment towards her before shes even here lol. I've been telling them it's not their fault it's just me....but them crawling all over me and having to kiss and touch and hug constantly ( and it's mainly one twin more than the other ) is making my skin crawl

The only person I don't mind touching me in an affectionate way is hubby...even other relatives are giving me the ickies..and kisses on skin are the worst like my gma kissed me on the cheek and ugh I just hated it

I am exactly the same - always have been. I grew up in a family where affection wasn't shown. We were loved, we knew that, but my mother wasn't very maternal in the way of hugs and kisses and consequently, I'm the same. DS3 is a different story because he's only a baby but the older kids always ask first if I'm okay. I HATE, HATE, HATE being touched by anyone but hubby. I don't know about how others feel but I just think it's plain creepy all this touching and stuff. I am NOT a touchy-feely person.

ME!!! I never really like being touched, but right now my girls make me bonkers, they literally treat me like a jungle gym and I feel so bad when my oldest wants to hang on me and hug then says I love you mommy. I love you too, but...get the F off me kid! I also find it very hard with my family and DH's family as they always want to kiss my girls and it makes my skin crawl every time they do it! I've made comments way to many times to count and they still do it, even admitting they do it moreso when I'm not around. I've found I'm even more annoyed with this in my pregnant state than usual, but seriously, what's the need for kissing kids!?

I am NOT a touchy feel person, I hate to be touched and climbed on etc, add pregnancy to the mix and im a get the F off me right now person even my husband approaches with caution or gets snarled at :haha: don't feel too bad, kids just don't get that bit unfortunately!

i totally get it!! unlike others, we are a touchy feely family, but pregnancy i am so hands-off almost everyone and i also have twins, but they are b/g and 4 too, and a 2 yr old girl, and it's like they constantly want to jungle gym on me and sit on me and be leaning against me and just ALL ON ME ! and i need space right now. i think the pregnancy for me is to blame. i don't mind a hug and kiss from them, or a snuggle at night but alllll dayyy long they want to be around/leaning/sitting on me and i just can't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->