Anyone else getting weird discharge 5 months after giving birth?

Lalababy2010

Reaction score
It's been 5 months since I had an emergency c-section. And ever since I stopped bleeding 5 weeks after birth. I have been getting like slimy greenish non odorless discharge. I mentioned this to my doctor at the 6 week checkup and she said I shouldn't be concerned if it doesn't smell or doesn't itch etc.
But it's been 5 months now & I am still getting this greenish slimy discharge that can sometimes be really stringy, I am gonna make another doctors appointment at some point. It still doesn't smell and doesn't itch, and I most certainly don't have any sti's or anything. Just wondering if anyone else has been getting this too? And I have had 3 period so far, so I thought it might have corrected it self by now.. :-/ x

Sorry, didn't want to read and run, but I would get a second opinion if you are at all worried. I never had discharge like that, but 2 weeks after my caesarean section I had a hemmorhage. I ignored the first small one, but the next two were terrifying. I had to go to theatre to be fixed up.

Hopefully it's nothing, but always worth asking questions if it doesn't seem right to you. I have had doctors dismiss a range of medical issues in recent years and realise they are human and you have to trust yourself. I had always been so healthy before that I never worried about these things, but after my daughter had reflux and allergies and we were dismissed several times, I have learnt that if I am not comfortable with what a doctor is telling me, i am well within my right to see a different doctor and get their opinion.

I did and have still, been to the doctors, had all the tests etc and they've put it down to me being on the pill.

I have had to have tests at 9 weeks for the same thing. Waiting results. Not sure what they are looking for

Oh i am really worried now,, i have been trying to get an appointment at the doctors but she's never available! It's got to the point now where it's really uncomfortable and off putting especially being self conscious doesn't help either! I have never had this before ever i only noticed it when i stopped bleeding after birth at 5 weeks after, and then that's when it started. I knew straight away that it couldn't be normal but i kept putting it of as the doctor said it's nothing to worry about as i haven't had any other symptoms to go along with it! But i keep putting it off as i am worried it could be something serious! I have always been the same though, keep putting it off due to worried of the out-come! :/ should really go at some point though, xx

Well my test results showed group b strep. My discharge looks like lochia and isn't smelly.

Mine was yellow and stringy.. they thought i had throush but they tested it and turned out everything was fine.. it was just healing.. :) Lovely! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->