Anyone else hate temping???

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
So I have been temping for 2 cycles. I get up at 445 and have to get out of bed to temp, which is literally 30 seconds to roll out, dodge 2 dogs sprawled out on floor and flick light on. I dont drink and I consistently get up close to the same time due to work or dogs needing to go out. Yet my temps are always close. I never appreciate the dip or spike...and getting frustrated. :dohh:
Any other tips? I seem to have ovulation cramps, but want to confirm that I am ovulating...

I think the whole point is to stay in bed while you temp to avoid fluctuations in your temperature. I put my thermometer on my bedside table and have a tiny flashlight if needed. The less I move that early, the happier I am :) Plus, your temps should be more accurate which in turn may make it easier to pinpoint ovulation.

Are you tracking on fertility friend? At first, I found it difficult to figure out but overtime I've grown to really appreciate having that knowledge of when I ovulated, when to test, etc. Now i would just feel lost without it! I like having the online chart that figures everything out for me; and I also like looking back at my previous charts to trend certain things.

Are you using OPKs?

Hi JJ,

Yeah, I'm hating temping too. This is my first month with it and I also had the flu for a bit so that threw my temps off and now I have no idea when I ovulated because I had highish temps for 3 days prior to getting a positive OPK! and then 1 day of high temp and now they are back to normal. Might have to try again next month if this month doesn't result in a BFP!!

Definitely stay in bed when temping though - I keep my thermo on the nightstand too and it's the first thing I do in the morning before getting out of bed! Try that and see if it makes a difference in your results.

Good luck :)

This is my first cycle to temp & I HATE it so much. I don't sleep very well so some nights I never actually get the 3 consecutive hours of sleep needed. Oh and I haven't noticed any spike or dip

agree with pp's you need to do it before yu get out of bed hun. I keep mine on my windowsill above my head. I d stick it in my bra if i could when i sleep :haha: The less you move the better x

I agree with the others. When I first read about it the advice was to not move too much or even speak as it can raise your temp as you're moving.
That said, I've gotten lazy with waking up at the same time, it didn't seem such a chore last time, but now I've got a toddler and I take every second of sleep I can!
I do like being able to see what my charts are doing and when/if I ovulate each month :)

I do use opks and got 2 surges for the last 2 months. I guess I have to be more diligent and stay in bed and use a flashlight :(
I am going to try ff next month if we have no success.

Def. try and stay in bed. Also, if you put the thermometer right next to ya on the dresser that can help. Grab it and put it right in mouth. Let it beep then turn on light to read it.

some thermometers like mine you dont need a flash light.. i take mine then stuff it bk on the windowsill till i wake up. then when i press the button to turn it on it flashes up what my temp was.. although iv got to be fast as its only up for seconds before it starts to try take another temp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->