Anyone else have days when they can't be bothered?

Sue Dunhym

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Obviously, I love my LO very much, she is awesome. But I'm having a day when I just can't summon the enthusiasm for playing and changing and trying to get her to nap. I am doing it because I have to, but my back hurts, I'm tired, and I am running out of ways to entertain her. I don't want to do this today.

Or is it taboo to be anything less than delighted with your baby 24/7?

nope this is motherhood lol i have 4 children and sometimes wanna put them bk where they came from ;) completly normal my love x

ps i only do half the stuff i do, cause no one else will lol

yep...and IMO the older they are the worse it gets but for different reasons !

I have days like this too where I put lo in his swing or something or just sit with him on the sofa. He must get soooo bored. But not having his dad around it's me or nothing and I guess I can't be supermum all the time x

I wish I could just sit on the sofa with her! But she needs so much entertaining. She's good as gold and will go on her playmat for a while but she's not old enough to be able to entertain herself for long. And she let's me know very vocally when she's bored!

I try my best not to wish the time away but I do look forward to the day someone else can have her for more than a couple of hours. I'm even looking forward to going back to work!

It'll get better hun when she can move more and amuse herself :hugs:

Yup, I have a toddler though and some days she watches a little too much TV, oops. Mostly when it is raining and she has been up since stupid o clock!

Oh its totaly totally normal, i love been a mum but there are days like today (normally when i'm super tired cus Alfie hasnt slept) where i just wana sit & chill out on settee with him or put him in his swing. Buts he's so soo demanding wanting entertaining all the time & its hard bloody work.

I feel like this too - usually when I can't get him to sleep and have been walking him round the house for hourwith him - I long for the days I could veg and not think!!!

Yes totally normal.I had one of those days yesterday xx

yes its normal hun!! im having one of those days today lol..alfies just gone down for his nap, ive just ran the bath garunteed as soon as i put 1 foot in the bath hell wake up :dohh:

<3

Yep!

We're not entertainment machines! there comes a time when we just need to kick back and do nothing! It doesn't mean we don't love our LO's, it just means that we are human and need time occasionally!!

I had a day like that yesterday. I'm a bit under the weather and it hurts everytime I pick LO up but there is only so long he will amuse himself on his playmat or in the jumperoo.
He loves when I actually play with him but it's just not possible to do that and get anything done.
The guilt of motherhood. No matter what we do we will worry about the one thing we haven't done!

i love posts like this, because it's far too easy to think it's just you.
bella wore pyjamas all day yesterday (she even went out in them) because i couldn't be bothered battling to try & put other clothes on her. i never thought i'd take a 6 month old out in pyjamas!
xx

LeannieB - snap! Couldn't be bothered yesterday but that might be due to a disturbed night and me being hormonal. Feeling much better today! In response to the OP I think it's completely normal to feel like that at times and just proves we're all human!

wow. yesterday wasn't a great day for most of us by the looks of things!
xx

I get the same once in a while. You just cant be bothered to do anything. Just wishing you were pregnant still to be able to sleep all day and just sit on the sofa doing nothing.

What i normally do when i have a day like that is to have Alex on the sofa with me with a few toys next to him for an hour or so. He will entertain himself and i can once in a while play with him but also just go on here or watch some telly.
I do feel bad about doing it but because it doesnt happen to often itry not to feel guilty about it. It is hard being a mum!

Sometimes I find myself feeling like this but I just make myself snap out of the mindset that I want to just be lazy all day, go for a walk with LO then I feel much more pro-active! I'm sure everyone feels like they can't be bothered sometimes, being a mum is damn tiring!

Oh heavens yes. I have a baby that doesn't sleep at night too, so I'm shattered most of the time. I work full time and my OH takes care of our LO during the day and I know I should make the most of the short time I see him between getting home from work and putting him to bed, but some days it's hard. Especially when he's being extra demanding and cranky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->