Anyone else have days when they can't be bothered?

Yup! Another one here agrees! Much as I love my lo, I get days (particularly, as others have said, when I'm tired, ill or more recently, when I'm enjoying seeing old friends) when I just want him to nap by himself, feed himself and generally give me a couple of hours of peace.

Wait a minute... perhaps I just need a nanny?:haha:

I think its normal hun...Days like that I spend sitting on the floor with the laptop and attempting to play with her...
We have a bath together and go to sleep... and wake up refreshed and ready to go.
Its only human :hugs:

Totally normal. Some days she's happy to entertain herself and some days she just wants attention, attention, attention. I usually end up popping her in the pram and walking along the canal so I can sink into my own thoughts and she chatters away to the ducks! (Except today, because it's miserable and tipping it down).

Yep I agree.

I don't need to say u love Lo, that's a given. But I do get days where I would kill to just lie o the couch with a quilt and watch rubbish telly and sleep. I get sleep at night but never feel rested.

I would never swap her for all the sleep in the world but it really is my fantasy just now to have a wee rest.

Xxx

Gosh, this is exactly how I feel today. I only got 3 hours sleep last night and I couldn't get him to nap this afternoon. Well, he napped for about an hour but I was hoping it'll be longer than that because my back and shoulders hurt from carrying him so much. Haay! He's too young to entertain himself so he gets bored easily when I put him on the swing or on his playmat. I miss the days when I can just sleep for 10-12 hours a day. :haha:

we should start a "what do we really wanna do now but can't" thread lol...

I really wanna go to bed and not get up for a night feed...

I also really wanna go to bed and have a looooong nap in the morning (this occasionally happens.. but I can still hear her down stairs playing with the OH, so not really the same lol)

I wanna watch a film in the day while the OH is at work and watch one of my 'chic flicks' without no interference! lol

don't want much at all....

but in seriousness if all of this would happen... I'd wake up in the night waiting for her to wake... I would end up still getting up at x time because i'm used to it.. if someone else had her for the day i'd never stop thinking about her and not be able to concentrate on my film..

I have days like this too. When I have been up all night and am shattered, I would love nothing more than to veg out in front of the TV. But Harrison does not like doing this, lol xxx

Def have these days, and of course being mums we feel guilty that we aren't giving them enough attention. Thank God for the net and forums like this so we can reassure ourselves we are not the only ones :)

yep on most days, its a 24/7 job with no pay or holidays, but you get rewarded with love and smiles and thats what keeps me going.

Oh God yes...and a weeks of a child refusing to nap more than 30 mins makes it even worse.

Today we have played on our playmat independantly and with mum, we have read books, we have played with our stuffed animals, we have gone for a walk, we have played a little in each room of the house for variety, we have had tummy time, practicing standing time, practicing sitting time....we have sat on mummy's lap and watched a bit of television, we argued for over an hour about LO having a longer nap because he was obviously tired - mum finally gave up. Its only 4:00pm. Now what?

I love my son SO much but I am so tired and bored right now. I just want to watch tv or read a book in peace for 2 hours.

Do you think it would permanently damage him if we just watched another show together on the sofa? I have been informed from several people that even the first show we watched was really just me hurtling him toward a future diagnosis of ADD. :coffee:

yup, LO always wants talking to and played with and then just as ill tidy the changin mat away he'll do a poo and im like ohh i cba (obviously i do) but some days are sooo draining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->