Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

I guess I'll know if it works for me in a week or two

Hi can i join please? Been TTC for almost 1 year now, I have PCOS and am currently on CD82 :( My doctor won't give me anything to bring on my period! FF has me at 12dpo just now but i don't think its accurate

Hey ladies...

Well CD90 and just had my blood tests back as normal! Am chuffed to bits! Putting the dissapearing AF down to stress!!

x

I had a 60 day cycle 2 months ago and realized that was during a really stressful period at work. Don't you wish our body's would just pick a schedule and stick with it?

I still dont know whats going on, have a huge feeling i have pcos, Going to wait this month or so then i am going to get testing done.

Aw :hug: SKP! Hope you figure out what is going on soon!

Hi can i join please? Been TTC for almost 1 year now, I have PCOS and am currently on CD82 :( My doctor won't give me anything to bring on my period! FF has me at 12dpo just now but i don't think its accurate

Hi Greener Grass, :hugs: I know how frustrating this is. I didn't pay much attention to it until I was TTC. Then I realized how important a regular cycle is. Did your doc. tell you why he/she didn't want to give you anything? You said your cycle has been over 80 days long, but FF has you at 12dpo? Have you had any bleeding in those 80 days?
Here are some herbal remedies I read about online: Hope this helps :)

"Vitamin C is easy to obtain from stores, the purer you can get it the better and you should be taking about 10-12 grams per day, too high a dosage can cause problems. Vitamin C starves the uterus of progesterone, which can aid in breaking down the uterus walls to bring on menstruation. Taken with a lot of water can also help.
Herbal induced menstruation:

Herbs have been used for thousands of years to deal with all sorts of problems in relation to women's sexual health, from simple cramp remedies to herbal abortion, inducing periods with the use of herbs can be a highly effective way of bringing on a late period.

Generally Parsley tea is considered to be the most effective as a mild emmenagogue as it relaxes the cervix to allow release of menstrual material. Fresh herbs are best, water should be placed into a pan and allowed to boil, and then bring the water down to a simmer adding a handful or two of chopped parsley, allow to steep for approximately half an hour. The tea is then strained and honey can be added for a better taste. If using fresh herbs seems too much of a fuss parsley tea bags are readily available, however it should be made with warm, not boiling water as boiling water will result in the parsley loosing some of it's potency - although if using dried herbs it is important to get as fresh as possible. Tea should be drunk four times a day, and will usually induce a period quite fast. Parsley can also be used in the vagina itself, a few sprigs inserted into the vagina changed every twelve hours can have the same effect as tea.

Pennyroyal is another well-known herb for inducing menstruation, this is an abortifacient, which means that it causes the muscles of the uterus to contract, so perhaps not advisable if you suffer from bad period pains. Steeping them in hot water for quarter of an hour and drinking four times a day should induce menstruation.

Dong quai is used in a similar way to relax and soften the cervix in preparation for expelling menstrual material, like with parsley it should not be boiled as this makes the herb loose the volatile oils which are necessary for the herb to do it's job. The dried, chopped root of the Dong quai is put into a pan of water to simmer for quarter of an hour and drank every three to four hours, it should be noted that you have to use dried root as fresh can contain toxins that can harm the body, these toxins are eliminated through drying of the root. Dong quai should be avoided if you suffer from cancer or heart problems, also don't use aspirin while taking this herb as dong quai can increase bleeding and aspirin is a blood thinner, attention should also be taken to the amount in which you bleed after using this herb to induce menstruation because bleeding may increase significantly.

Other herbs that can be used are mugwort, black cohosh and Rue, these and other herbs are used in a similar way to the herbs listen above, however each can carry different side effects so further research should be done if you are considering using these rather than the herbs listed above.

The above herbal methods are natural and so a lot better for health than chemical cocktails often found in prescribed drugs for this purpose, however just because they are natural does not mean that they are safe, as a general rule unless you have studied these methods in more depth I would only recommend using these herbs for up to three days in order to insure no damage is done. This is not to say that these herbs are dangerous, simply care should be taken to care for your health. Also as a general rule inducing menstruation this way shouldn't be used unless it has been at least three weeks since your last period, assuming your menstrual cycle is 4 weeks, this is to make sure that there is in fact uterus lining to shed to begin with."
-https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060702011223AACAGhu

Also, be certain you are not pregnant before using any of these methods.

Hey ladies...

Well CD90 and just had my blood tests back as normal! Am chuffed to bits! Putting the dissapearing AF down to stress!!

x

I'm glad everything is normal! Read above quote about bringing on AF naturally

I still dont know whats going on, have a huge feeling i have pcos, Going to wait this month or so then i am going to get testing done.

I hope you don't have PCOS, there are so many other causes of long cycles, good luck :hugs:

How in the world can your doc just dismiss something like this? 82 days without AF?? I'd change docs and get on something to bring on AF and make you ovulate!! I'm sorry you're going through this. :hugs:

So Ladies,

I got my first positive OPK of this cycle today!! :happydance: AND we :sex: last night :thumbup: sorry for the TMI :haha:
I haven't O'd on CD15 in months and months and months! I had a temp drop this morning and we'll see what the temps do in the next couple days. I'm going to also keep using OPK until I get a negative too.
Yesterday I had short sharp pains in my left ovary. Today it feels kinda twingy.

What I did:

Drank one cup of Chaste Tree Berry (vitex) tea everyday. I also, in addition to, had a cup of Yoni tea about every couple days or so. I also took one baby aspirin (81mg) a day.

I also think the super moon helped too. I also ovulated around the full moon last cycle too, but it was CD28. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
Can anyone see my journal and read, i would love your insight of to what may be going on. I am in the Journal section Titled SKP......

Can anyone see my journal and read, i would love your insight of to what may be going on. I am in the Journal section Titled SKP......

Hi SKP, it looks like you ovulated on CD 61 and now you are 4DPO. You should have another 10 days of high temps. Welcome to the 2WW :thumbup:
If your temps go up even higher (triphasic) that could be a sign of pregnancy. Also look for a temp. dip between 6-10dpo which could be an implantation dip. Not all women have these chart qualities if they are pregnant though. I hope this helps! :)
:dust:

Whats weird, is all this happened before. The same pattern after my Jan AF. And was estimated that Jan 25th was ovulation. Then I got dips, and spotting then later brown spotting. Ots like its repeating itself.

I think i will ovulate sometime this week, according to online calculators. If i ovulated on cd 61, then my opks now that have arrived are useles. But i would feel better thinking that it happens soon, so i will start opk'ing tomorrow 3 times a day, hoping to catch the surge.

I can't actually truly confirm, becuause i never got ewcm yet. I been using preseed now for the past 2 weeks. And DTDing like crazy

Whats weird, is all this happened before. The same pattern after my Jan AF. And was estimated that Jan 25th was ovulation. Then I got dips, and spotting then later brown spotting. Ots like its repeating itself.

I think i will ovulate sometime this week, according to online calculators. If i ovulated on cd 61, then my opks now that have arrived are useles. But i would feel better thinking that it happens soon, so i will start opk'ing tomorrow 3 times a day, hoping to catch the surge.

I can't actually truly confirm, becuause i never got ewcm yet. I been using preseed now for the past 2 weeks. And DTDing like crazy

Because of your temps, I think you have already Od. If AF comes in 9 days or so you'll know for sure. You should go with your gut feeling though, use those OPKs just to be sure. Do you know if you have a regular LP?

can i join this thread?! :flower: my body is so messed up. since my d&c in jan last year my cycles have ranged from 47 days to 120 something :shrug: my last cycle was about 60 days. i have never had a positive opk and have no clue if im ovulating. been to docs and referred to gynae who told me to go back when id been trying for a year. has been over a year now!!

can i join this thread?! :flower: my body is so messed up. since my d&c in jan last year my cycles have ranged from 47 days to 120 something :shrug: my last cycle was about 60 days. i have never had a positive opk and have no clue if im ovulating. been to docs and referred to gynae who told me to go back when id been trying for a year. has been over a year now!!

Hi w8ing4bean, sorry to hear about your long cycles. It's frustrating when your doc won't help. I would make another appointment with your gynae. I also recommend charting your temps with a BBT every morning, it has helped me so much. I also use OPKs too. Once you've been charting you will be able to tell you if you have ovulated. Try www.fertilityfriend.com. Good luck, I hope this helped:)

I have no idea whats my luteal, I only had 1 real period since October. Once in Dec, then 2 weeksl ter the 14th for only 4 days. And that was just spotting. and twice since december i had brown spotting and cm.

Started opks now, but it may be too late since I seemed to have O'ed on CD 61 and its CD 65 now. Andmy temp went up .3 today. But the past 4 days have been separate times. I don't do the 7 am anymore, it makes my temps too erratic.

According to an online check, its estimated Ovulation on the 25th. So I will keep opk'ing until then. Who knows it may be right.

Whats weird today, I had a sharp twinging, pulsating pain on my left side for like 2 mins. And it was irratating. And for the past few days, HOTFLASHES.

If I ovulated on the 15th, according to the online thing, I should have my AF on the 29th of March. which leaves me 6dpo. PERFECT GIFT for my birthday ! urrg.

I put in al lmy dates for AF's, and it says I average 41 days.

thanks hun :) yeah i been thinking about charting, might look into that a bit more. and im def going back to my docs, not sure whether to yet tho. getting married next july so there's gonna come a point where have to stop ttc or my dress wont fit :haha:

Update:

Seen the doctor, doing ultra sound, blood HPT, thats it so far, and wait for AF to come. Alos booked for a womens check up.

PLUS assuming i have 41 average cycle days according to my AF dates.

thanks hun :) yeah i been thinking about charting, might look into that a bit more. and im def going back to my docs, not sure whether to yet tho. getting married next july so there's gonna come a point where have to stop ttc or my dress wont fit :haha:

Congrats on getting married:) You still have a few more cycles to try! If they still wont give you anything, try soy at the beginning of your next cycle. Read through this thread for more info.:thumbup:

Update:

Seen the doctor, doing ultra sound, blood HPT, thats it so far, and wait for AF to come. Alos booked for a womens check up.

PLUS assuming i have 41 average cycle days according to my AF dates.

Yup, looks like AF should come for you on the 29th. Unless your pregnant! Which is possible because you are ovulating. :) Good luck with all the tests. Hopefully it's nothing big. :thumbup:

Well I guess I am with ya! My cycles have been 33 days now this one is going 35. I guess this is going to be a long cycle. I think I have gained a few pounds after stopping diet sodas. We started drinking sprite and I put on some extra pounds to my already pudgy self LOL. Well I think it thru me into a weird cycle. Soooo I think I am going to vitamin b and my prenatal vitamins. Thinking of soy but just not sure where to get it or how to get it? Is it a vitamin or can I just drink soy milk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->