Anyone else have PCOS and pregnant?

branham22

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010. After 4 years of trying, we are finally pregnant with baby #2! And it happened with no help from fertility drugs or treatments. I have lost about 34 pounds since June and I think that has played a huge role in me getting pregnant naturally.

I'm trying not to stress too much but I hear you are at a higher risk for miscarriage if you have PCOS? Is this true? Can anyone help me with this? Please and thank you :)

I have PCOS and am pregnant with my second (and third, having twins) child! This is my 4th pregnancy however. First one was a chemical and second was a blighted ovum. I take metformin to help reduce the risk of miscarriage. Do you take metformin?

No I don't take metformin. I did a long time ago to help with my cycles but didn't have much luck. Maybe I should ask my doctor about it?

It's definitely worth talking to your doctor. Do you have insulin resistance?

This sounds silly but I honestly don't know lol. I never remember the doctors telling me I did so I don't think so.

Insulin resistance is why you take metformin and since you said it didn't help regulate your period I was wondering if you had it or not. Most people with PCOS are insulin resistant though.
I would definitely talk to the dr about going on it. Even if it is just for peace of mind.

You don't have to go on Metformin just because you have PCOS. I also do and my last pregnancy was completely healthy without any additional meds.

If you are concerned speak to your doctor.

Hey, congratulations on your pregnancy, such exciting knews!!!!!!
I have PCOS as well. I got pregnant on clomid and metformin, however as soon as I found out the doctor took me off metformin right away. Having PCOS does increase your chance of MC, I had one earlier this year...and I did not stop metformin that time so it doesnt always help. However I think you should be fine. Getting pregnant on your own is a huge accomplishment...HUGE!!!! and I think the weight gain really had something to do with it. Losing all that weight would help regulate your hormones and since you got pregnant your hormones would have been where they should of been which means they still would be. I wish you lots of good luck and a H&H9months!!!! :hugs:

Hey, congratulations on your pregnancy, such exciting knews!!!!!!
I have PCOS as well. I got pregnant on clomid and metformin, however as soon as I found out the doctor took me off metformin right away. Having PCOS does increase your chance of MC, I had one earlier this year...and I did not stop metformin that time so it doesnt always help. However I think you should be fine. Getting pregnant on your own is a huge accomplishment...HUGE!!!! and I think the weight gain really had something to do with it. Losing all that weight would help regulate your hormones and since you got pregnant your hormones would have been where they should of been which means they still would be. I wish you lots of good luck and a H&H9months!!!! :hugs:

Thank you all! I am going to say something to my dr when i see them on Tuesday- if he's not concerned I guess I won't be either! I definitely feel like I'm progressing ok- this morning I woke up with lots of nausea. I couldn't even finish my breakfast and I'm laying on the couch now lol. I will take it as a good sign!

I know, nothing better then getting those symptoms, it reassured me this pregnancy!!! Once you talk to your doctor...stop researching!!! It will only cause you more stress. If your doctor feels as though there should be nothing to worry about...then you think that way to and enjoy your pregnancy!!! :flower:

I've had pcos for 8 years. Am currently preg with my second. No help on either pregnancy. Every person and every pregnancy is different. Good luck!

I have pcos as well, diagnosed over 2 yrs ago. I just found out am preg on Friday! I should be about 7 wks acc to my periods which are all over the place. Today I saw a streak of blood in my CM! (Sorry tmi) am referee to epi not sure when I will hear from them.......

I read ur other thread... I hope alls well with you!!! Fx

Yes me! Hi I have PCOS. I was diagnosed at 21 years (I'm 33 now!) Was put on metformin straight away due to insulin resistance. Met Husband. Had a surprise m/c in 2006. Then went hell for leather ttc for YEARS. Tried fertility treatment (clomid and metformin mix) and procedures (lap and die, acupuncture...) Gave up alcohol anything bad. Couldn't loose weight - healthy lifestyle, loads of exercise, good food etc Told only way was through IVF as Hubby's swimmers were asleep. We gave up. Couldn't face the disappointment and failure anymore. Year off. Went down adoption route. Had adoption medical, oh, wait, find out I'm diabetic! That's why! Thanks PCOS! Get on correct medication, still on metformin, change diet to low carb. Within two years, we'd been given two beautiful children and I'd dropped 17 kg. My cycles were regular. I had energy. My blood glucose was in the pre-diabetic range (I was aiming to get down to non-diabetic) Then... period was late. Thought I was stressed and PCOS playing havoc again, when in fact, I was pregnant! Due June 2015 :) From no children, except Husband of course, to three children! Life can't get any better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->