Anyone else having dizziness?

ser523

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So I'm recovering from the stomach flu earlier this week. I think I'm good in that regards, but... since Wednesday I've been having really bad dizziness! It's pretty much all the time and I can't do anything. I haven't been to work all week, but then I can barely manage walking around the house much less going to work. I have nausea that I'm pretty certain comes from the dizziness. I'm more dizzy bending over to pick things up from the floor and sometimes when I change positions (sitting to standing etc., though I'm always really careful and make sure I move slowly). But I don't have to be moving, I can just be sitting there or laying down and I'll get a wave of dizzy. Like last night, DH and I were at dinner (so sitting for some time) and I got really dizzy and ill feeling out of the blue towards the end.

What's frustrating is that I went to the doctor today because I was concerned, especially since this is really interfering with my day to day life. And the woman pretty much told me nothing. At first she ignored the dizziness and tried to give me a prescription for nausea, which I explained that nausea wasn't the most concerning issue. Then she tried to tell me to be careful going from sitting to standing (which I am). And of course (which I knew she would) tried to blame it just on me being pregnant and how there are all types of symptoms. Yes, I know things can be caused by pregnancy, but whether this is caused by being pregnant or not, someone has to help me do something about it. I can't just keep missing work and laying in bed. I mean pregnant women don't just lie around for 9 months. I'm lucky enough to have a flexible job, but there are limits (lord knows that DH would not be able to miss a whole week at work).

Anyone else having dizziness?

A little but nowhere near to this extent.
Hve u been seen by Dr for your preg?
Or just family Dr?
Do u hve another option to get checked put besides that Dr I mean ?
It sounds a bit extreme for preg dizzy spells xxx
Hope u get sorted.
Sorry I'm not much help to u x

Maybe its still from tummy bug.
Could u be dehydrated?

A little but nowhere near to this extent.
Hve u been seen by Dr for your preg?
Or just family Dr?
Do u hve another option to get checked put besides that Dr I mean ?
It sounds a bit extreme for preg dizzy spells xxx
Hope u get sorted.
Sorry I'm not much help to u x

I went in to my GP's office today, but yea, I've been to my ob. I actually was in on Wednesday before the dizziness really started for some bleeding. Gosh, I hope this let's up or someone can tell me what's happening, I can't just lie in bed all the time! *lol*

Maybe its still from tummy bug.
Could u be dehydrated?

I mean it could be, but I've been eating pretty normally now. :/

Was the bleeding much?
Do u ever suffer from low iron?
Did they scan or find cause of the bleeding.
Id go to someone else.
I don't think dizziness should be affecting your life to that extent xx
Not to worry u, but just to be safe.
Xxx

I'm also having chronic dizziness, to the extent that I'm scared of passing out at work. I told my doctor who also fobbed me off. She just said it was to be expected and that my heart rate and blood pressure were normal. Not overly helpful. I'm only 7 weeks so I'm worried about how i will cope with work if it goes on like this.

I hope you find a solution x

I had a big dizzy spell about a month back at almost 9w. It lasted almost 24hrs, it got gradually better but everything literally went topsy turvy. I also started feeling unwell, like I was coming down with a bug. I went to the Dr and she said I had a viral infection, which can effect your inner ear, causing dizziness. I also have low iron and low bp, so am generally wary of feeling dizzy, this was different though...I didn't feel like passing out....just like the world went sideways

Hey ladies! Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it. I've been feeling better, though I'll still have some dizzy spells now and then. Thankfully, it's not as overwhelming as it was that week. But I must say, I'm very frustrated by the doctors just ignoring me and telling me it's pregnancy. I spoke to my mom on the phone and she agreed with me. With such dizziness, there's the danger of falling or even passing out, which can be dangerous! Whether it's pregnancy related or not, I feel like someone should be concerned! Grrr! *lol* I hope you ladies that have also been having dizziness feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->