anyone else not happy with...

laura109

Reaction score
i kind of knew id never be the girl who avoided stretch marks and sprung back into shape. i was a size 12 before my daughter. im now a size 14. ive not been too hard on myself about the extra weight but now im feeling abit discusted with myself. im not lazy. i get out for long walks most days. i do have chocolate with a cuppa everyday but abit of energy is needed lol!! i eat a good meal most nights and eat salad stuff and sandwhichs at lunch.... my diets not as good as it could be but i am no good at eating healthy all the time... you could say its my fault but i do walk alot as im not a driver.

clothes are a nightmare. i have tried getting tops that flatter me but the fashion does nothing for my baby pouch. i just feel so fed up. ive been doing longer walks (3-4 miles) most days this week and i stood on the scales today for the first time in 2 months and im still the same.

anyone else want to rant about weight?

Give yourself a break :hugs: your little one is still very young. But here are some tips based on hiw i lost my baby weight (and a bit more!)

Walks are great but you need to walk at quite a speed to burn many calories. I found using Google maps to estimate the time walking would take and then trying to beat it helped me. It didn't hurt that I'm always late anyway so I was always in a hurry!! Then I joined My Fitness Pal on my phone and tracked everything I are on there. J didn't follow any particular diet but I was strict with my calories. I basically had a small but filling breakfast of porridge or weetabix, then a small lunch of soup or 1 slice of bread with a poached egg or an omelette. Then I could eat a heartier dinner and sometimes have a small treat after my son was in bed. I made low calorie hot chocolates my evening 'treat' which felt like a pudding.

I lost a lot of weight, but I put a bit (half a stone) back on when I relaxed my rules. I'm now a size 12 (and pregnant again), I was a 16-18 after my son was born and a 10 at my smallest. I'm pretty happy with myself now and will follow the same regime after this one is born (once we're in a routine anyway!).

Good luck!

I know the feeling. But angeloftroy is right. Your LO Is still so little.
I started getting healthy this year. I did so well. I lost almost 2 stone. But it wasn't about the weight for me. More about how I felt, how my clothes fitted. Iv put a lot of it back on. But starting next week I'm back onto it.
I also joined my fitness pal. It's great for tracking food. I didn't realise exactly how much I ate until I did. I found my portions were 2/3 times what I needed and once I got that under control the weight came of easy. I was eating less but still full. Breakfast would be a smoothie or granola and fruit and yogurt. Lunch was 2 poached eggs and a slice of toast with spinavh and mushrooms. And then whatever i planned for dinner. A large portion of my calories were reserved for snacks. Im a snacker. I opted for healthy snack. We don't drive so we walk atleast 1 mile a day. I started running, and that was my 30 minutes of me time. I'm so disappointed In myself for piling on the pounds. But I know I can do it now and I will.

Don't get me started on clothes I have the stupidest body ever. I'm a size 8 jeans, I have no bum. I have live handles with hang over my jeans but the next size up literally fall down. I am much bigger on top. Mummy tummy Wobbles and I have large ( 36e) boobs. It's a night mare. There's a lady on here who gave me a few tips o how to dress, what would flatter. I can't remember her name. And since using her tips I feel much better in my clothes.

I honestly try not to pay too much attention to the scales. It bring me down. I obsess over the numbers. Instead I took pics and within a couple weeks I could see a slight change. Even weeks where I had gained a few lbs I could see I was smaller than before.
Sorry about the long post. This is something that I'm feeling a bit down about at the minute. Could go on forever.

I feel so crappy after my second! He's just turned 7 months old. In reality, I'm the same weight I was before I had him.. but I just feel awful! I have such little self-confidence it's unreal!

What I've told myself is.. to watch what I'm eating, keep active. Not diet.. just be conscious. So, if I've had a sandwich at lunch, I'm making sure my carb intake at tea time isn't too high :) Although I likely don't need to lose weight.. it helps me feel a bit better about myself! x

its a struggle. ive seen celebrities back in bikinis who had babies after me. how do they avoid it! it is hard to cut our snacks. im not a fruit lover. the stuff i would happily eat like berries and pineapple cost alot and i cant eat it quick enough before its off.
my diet is reasonably ok. its just starting to feel like the only way ill loose weight is cutting out snacks and doing alot more exercise. ive tried the cucumber water thing. was great till i ran out cucumber and lost motivation.

its clothes that get me down the most. ive struggled to find much at all to flatter my tummy. but fashion tends to be aimed at perfect figures. im doing planking and sit ups the last two days to try tone up my tummy. but i dont have much more time to exercise other than taking my little girl for walks xx

I find it really hard. I lost 2 stone after I had my third but I'm still not happy. I need to learn to love my body first I think. It does not help that my 2 closest friends are both size 6! The one thing I've noticed from them is that they don't snack and eat small portions. And if I eat like that then I do lose a lot of weight but I just can't stick to it! I love snacks and cake and crappy food. There is a lovely bunch of people in the weight loss section if you wanted some motivation from others xxx

I'm not always happy. and I would like to lose another stone. My LB is 2 and I lost 2 stone after he was born by calorie counting. Im a 14/16 now but I am aiming. It is taking longer than it should because I allow myself treats. Don't be so hard on yourself xx

try doing some Pilates, it helps you tone up. I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm in no hurry and taking my time. I have days where I feel I look horrible and days where I feel I love my body no matter what it looks like. Pilates makes me feel good about myself and I've been trying to attend some spinning classes at the gym and some body pump which imo compliment each other nicely.

with our little ones still so little...it's no wonder we haven't had time to concentrate on our bodies :) don't feel so bad! you can get to wherever you want!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->