Anyone else NOT planning on charting etc...

No charting, temping or any of that for me. I count 14 days from day 1 of my period to know when ovulation will be around. We have sex more often at that time, that's all we've done. I want it to be natural and comfortable. No cause to stress out quite yet. If it takes a while, then maybe I'll think about thinking about it more. Emotions play on ovulation and can mess that up so that's all the better reason for me to stay calm and enjoy the process!

I don'tthink I will be doing charting or temps. I do have some OPK's but I read the instructions and it seems a bit too clinical and un natural & I think it would take the fun out of it. I have my pre seed on standby and I can tell when my cm changes so I guess it all systems go when that happens if you get my meaning.

I have read up about the sperm meets egg plan as well and that sounds promising.

I wont be charting or anything either as in my experience it took longer to concieve when i was using okp's then it did when we just went with the flow.
With ellie and emma it took 3 and 4 months to concieve and we just went with the flow and with lucy i was using opk's for 7months and really stressing over it and then the 8th month decided to just go with it and thought id completely missed it that month but no i was preg. So i think it actually prolongs the process.x

Yeah, when we start TTC in Jan, I won't be charting or using OPKs or anything like last time. Much more like NTNP, ya know? Last time DH felt very pressured to 'perform', and it made sex very clinical. I got PG first try, so this time there's no rush... I would like it to feel more organic than last time, IYKWIM?

No charting, temping or any of that for me. I count 14 days from day 1 of my period to know when ovulation will be around. We have sex more often at that time, that's all we've done. I want it to be natural and comfortable. No cause to stress out quite yet. If it takes a while, then maybe I'll think about thinking about it more. Emotions play on ovulation and can mess that up so that's all the better reason for me to stay calm and enjoy the process!

that is exactly what i plan to do - write the first day of each period in my diary, figure out the length of my cycle and lots of BD, especially around the time i should be ovulating. i suppose i am kind of assuming my cycle will go straight back to normal, but it did when i stopped the pill before so there's no reason why it shouldn't - i've always been very regular, down to the hour virtually, even when not on the pill.

I need to stop stressing :dohh: - i'm just so excited, but really nervous at the same time. can't believe we will be ttc so soon :happydance:

I have a chart already from when I wasn't even WTT...there is no way I can be so relaxed! Not only do I stalk my OWN charts, but I stalk everyone ELSE's charts too:dohh: Kudos to those of you who can just chill during TTC. You are WAY more relaxed than I could ever hope to be!!

I just received my OPKs from eBay so going to start using those this month (not yet as only on CD2 right now) and get a rough idea of when I ovulate whilst we're WTT. But then from Christmas that's it. Will just try and go with the flow and take an NTNP approach and hope for the best!

K x

Sorry if I sound stupid....but.....

What does NTNP mean?

I think it means not trying not preventing? I could be wrong though lol

I won't be charting or taking tempretures or whatever else, I'm just gonna get on with it. If I'm still TTC a long while after we start then i'll reconsider my plan.

We used condoms until quite recently, and it felt so "naughty" stopping using them. :p I guess we are now NTNP, wow that sound crazy, but FANTASTIC!! :D Were won't be charting, instead just enjoying ourselves and staying relaxed.
Good luck OP.

I won't be charting. I didn't bother with Erin and it happened when it happened. It took 9 months of TTC for me to fall pregnant the first time.

I hate the ntnp term- we are trying but we don't want it to be all technical and lose all the fun of making a baby. I mean people have been doing it this way for thousands of years without charting and they have all managed it!

Sorry :blush: rant over.

I don't think I would have the patience to chart, and the fact that I have a mind like a sieve a lot of the time would make it quite difficult! I have difficulty remembering the dates of my last period let alone taking temps etc! :blush:

At first i didnt think about charting and that.
I have been on the pill a long time and decided to come off in advance. Three cycles i have had since and they have all been very different. One was reallys short, one average and currently i am on CD 34 and still waiting. If i hadnt of used FF i would of lost count of the day. The more i use it the more i like it and find it helpful. But when me and OH do try i dont want to be stalking FF and that i want to be relaxed!
hhhhhmmmmm kind of in the middle! lol x

I did not chart or temp. The 1st time i got pregnant i knew i was ovulating as i had lots of egg white mucus.
The 2nd time i used opk's.

Both pregnancies did not end up in the right place but i know my body and i know when i am ovulating and do not plan using anything next time.

xx

Hi, me and DH didnt chart while ttc number 2. Took 7 months for us to conceive. Good luck x

When me and OH are ready, it will probably be a case of just doing it a bit more often and OH is looking forward to that, he says he wants to get more practice in so he makes a baby properly!! He's a bit blonde sometimes! I wont be charting etc, because I have absolutely no idea what it is etc but will probably get a book for OH to read cos he's a geek then he can just tell me when! I think after 5-6 months of doing that we would probably pay more attention to BD'ing at the right time. I really respect the ladies on here who do all the TTCing properly with the charts and the sticks etc but I'm too lazy and I really want it just to happen. I think if I pay too much attention to it all I'd get too involved in it all and really depressed when we don't fall pregnant right away.

First of all, need OH to let me know when, he keeps changing it saying "if we go upstairs now we can try for a baby" but he just says that cos he's horny as opposed to wanting a baby now. Trying to be strong when he says things like that!

xx

I don't think I'll be charting, it looks like too much work :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"