anyone else NTNP and not really wanting to be pregnant?

luz

Reaction score
Ok... so i know this is a long shot since it IS a TTC board, but I have an almost 1 year old and we are kind of NTNP.. more out of laziness than anything else. Reason is because i hate the pill, and am too paranoid to get an implant. So we're supposed to be using condoms but that never happens:haha:

I would be ok if i got pregnant again, but every time my period comes around there's a little relief that i won't be chasing two babies around all day long.

Just looking for a buddy.. if there is anyone in the same boat as i am.

I am. I have two babies (3 & 2)...and last August found myself preggo with my 3rd...That pregnancy ended with a MC in the middle of september and left me desperate. I had not planned that pregnancy (or my other 2) but I felt such a tremendous loss that I wanted to try to get pregnant again. Since time has passed, I do not feel the urgency as much and every day life with 2 LOs is leaving me wonder if I should not be trying right now. I had my 1st AF since my MC Oct 27th, and should be due for my next around the same time this month. If I get AF, I will get on b/c and wait before trying for another baby. If I end up pregnant, I wont be upset either.

You should really think about protection if you don't want a baby this badly. I can't say you'll Find many women on here who are here for the reason you are as we're all here because in one way or another we want children. I'm not gonna give u my full opinion as you don't need it, but that's my advice! If u want to avoid pregnancy have se when you know u are not ovulating

You should really think about protection if you don't want a baby this badly. I can't say you'll Find many women on here who are here for the reason you are as we're all here because in one way or another we want children. I'm not gonna give u my full opinion as you don't need it, but that's my advice! If u want to avoid pregnancy have se when you know u are not ovulating

It's not that i would hate it. I'd live with it and love my life if i did end up getting pregnant, but if it didn't happen i'd be just as happy because i have one beautiful baby. Some day i eventually will actually try for another child, but until then, it's kind of a weird situation.

I am. I have two babies (3 & 2)...and last August found myself preggo with my 3rd...That pregnancy ended with a MC in the middle of september and left me desperate. I had not planned that pregnancy (or my other 2) but I felt such a tremendous loss that I wanted to try to get pregnant again. Since time has passed, I do not feel the urgency as much and every day life with 2 LOs is leaving me wonder if I should not be trying right now. I had my 1st AF since my MC Oct 27th, and should be due for my next around the same time this month. If I get AF, I will get on b/c and wait before trying for another baby. If I end up pregnant, I wont be upset either.

oh good! glad i'm not alone

Im with you on that, I wouldnt mind having another little one, and Im not preventing it right now...but it wouldnt hurt to wait a little bit, esp in my case cuz both my kids are still in diapers and carseats. What ever God has in store for me I will be pleased with.

kittiecat are you talking to me or luz? I wanna clear that up before I respond to something that might not have been directed toward me.

We are ntnp as my OH is a bit nervous of having another one and would rather it just happen. A sort of ignorance is bliss kinda thing.

When we did start ntnp I had my doubts, as it's a big step. My lo is 3 so we are out of the baby stage and getting out doing more with him, it's nerve wracking going back to the baby stage but these are just doubts. I did wonder how I would feel when I got the 1st bfn..... the 1st month I was okay and I thought I am happy with one and considered going back on bc but then the 2nd month I was really upset that I got a bfn. I know I want another which is why we're ntnp.

Do you think you are subconciously dtd wen you know you're not ovulating? This is an ffectinve form of bc x

the reason I felt like that because I have kids already and nobody looks at the real stuff when wanting a baby...for example, nobody says "I cant wait to lose sleep" or "I cant wait to deal with screaming babies"...they say "awe their soo cute I cant wait to hold them" etc.
I did not plan my other 2 but Im glad it worked out that way because I knew I was going to want more children but its hard to not look at the reality of what another baby would bring...not to say its not good, but its ALOT of work (work you would have to deal with whether you had a baby tomorrow or 10 years down the road).

I felt that right now, I would let God decide the timing..if I got pregnant (which I think I am) or if I didnt...I wouldnt be upset either way and would embrace either situation...

does that make you understand it a little better?

i kind of get where your coming from this will be my first and our house isnt ready etc and could do with a bit more time but were both just so excited we didnt want to wait it would be easier if i caught on a few months down the line but if my test comes up positive on sunday i will be more than happy xxxx i think there might be plenty of women on this forum feel like you your always going to be a bit apprehensive with two lo's . i know how you feel about contraception aswell im terrible with hormones i dont think your being lazy i suppose its just not a necessity is it

I think after my next pregnancy I will try to avoid going on any form of bc and try the natural calendar bc..... I think my OH would be upset if I became pg then!

I used withdrawl method for 2 years and was good about not getting pregnant..so it works its just not the best method out there.

Thanks ladies. It's not like I don't want another- I really really do. I'd be more than happy with one right now but at the same time it's super scary- especially with one so young. Ideally I wouldn't want another until he is at least 3, but if another comes before then great!

DH and I both agree I'm too crazy on bc because I have to take high dose pills, and I'm too paranoid for an implant. We have condoms and we have good intentions but not always do we use them. In fact, we are so busy with the one we do have that we dtd maybe two or three times a month.

I don't expect anyone to understand- just wanted to know if anyone was in the same
Boat as I am. Thanks to the ladies who weren't judgmental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->