Anyone else on Clexane / Heparin?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I'm on daily Clexane injections (40mg) and am a little nervous about how it might affect labour. In particular, having to stop the injections when you first feel the signs of labour cos of the risk of hemorrhaging (it takes 12 hours to get out of your system - but what if I labour for less than 12 hours, my mum and nan did the first time, eeps!).

Anyway, would be good to know if there are other girls in the same needley boat!

Tx

Hi I am on it with I my first labour my husband had injected me at 7am and I went into labor at 9am. I was allowed gas and air and diamorphene...I needed an epidural but had a twelve hour labor so was too late. I had intervention I wont go into that its not relevant. Needless to say tho I would have had it. The same will happen this time its just kind of bad luck in a way but I take my clexane at night before bed and hopefully I will labour again the next mornin meaning the option is there if needed. The main thing to be aware of is if you needed an emergency c section you would be given a general anesthetIc so would not be awake when baby was born. Are you in the UK. If so I would recommend you ask to be refered to an anesnatist who would be doing the epidural and ask them to explain fully

Also the risk of hemmorage is an issue but I was cut and had forceps all it ment was extra care was taken to stitch me and I was checked alot after

Thanks, Babybear. I do have a consultant and they'll be guiding me through this, but thought I'd check people's experiences. I didn't realise about the GA, I'll ask about this. Thanks!

I'm on 2 daily injections morning and eve,my consultant just told me to stop taking them soon as I get signs,she said it will look like I be in labour more than 12 hours anyway so not to worry

I'm on Lovenox. I met with a new hematologist and he wants to switch me to a different form that only lasts 5-6 hours vs the 12-16 hours a few weeks before delivery. I'm having a planned induction/ section at 37 weeks, so we'll hopefully make it there and be able to plan just not doing it the morning of delivery. I had a very fast first labor/ delivery, so I was a bit worried about the time. I'm going to refuse an epidural either way and that is where most of the risk lies anyway.

I'm on 2 daily injections morning and eve,my consultant just told me to stop taking them soon as I get signs,she said it will look like I be in labour more than 12 hours anyway so not to worry
its not always possible to stop it tho because I had no idea I was going to go into labour only two hours before...I was 40 plus 2 but I mean I still had no sign

I was on clexane injections for my pregnancy and same as others have said, was told to not take the injection at the first sign of labour.

As Babybear said its the risk of haemorrhage that they say this for. I had an epidural but had been in labour a long time (18hrs at the point of begging for one!) and all they did was test my blood to see the levels of heparin before agreeing to it.

Ask to see an anesthetist (I did at about 20wks) who can discuss it all with you.

Good luck! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"