Anyone else over 30 and in their 1st pregnancy?

TexMel

#2 is on the way
Reaction score
I am 5 weeks today, due Nov 18. This is my first pregnancy and I am so excited to go through this journey. I honestly thought TTC would take a lot longer.

I am 31, DH is 33. My first scan is scheduled for April 2.

Anyone one else in a similar boat?

Not my first but it's been over 5 years since the last time I was pregnant, I'll be 33 this August, I never thought I'd be having kids in my 30s! Congrats!

I'm 32, and while this isn't my first pregnancy, it will hopefully be my first successful one. :)

I am 35, i will be 36 in August with my baby born in October. This is my first pregnancy and likely my last as it to 3 years, 5 IVF, and 70k to get here. So, my husband (38) and are feeling blessed and trying to enjoy what time we have since it will be our first/last pregnancy. My 12 week scan is tomorrow and harmony testing. So excited and nervous. I jsut want it toget here so I know baby is okay and we can announce!

I just turned 34 last month. DH will be 32 in June. Its technically my second pregnancy but I lost the first early. I'll be 13 weeks on saturday and am due end of Sept :)

Congrats ladies! It may have taken a lot to get here, but that will just make it so much sweeter!

Adr - holy cow! $70k! I am so excited to hear how your scan goes tomorrow! Your story sounds very similar to some very good friends of mine. After several mcs, finding out she had no Fallopian tubes left, and then 2 ivfs, they finally had a beautiful baby girl about 2 months ago. Watching her go through everything is part of what made me and DH decide it was time to get the ball rolling in case we struggled with fertility too.

Anyone having weird symptoms yet?

I'm 36, this is my first successful pregnancy (fingers crossed!).

Darkstar - your first pregnancy and twin! Wow! how fun and good luck!!

TexMel-Unfortunately there are so many people going through the same thing I experienced, we just don't talk about it. Boards like this are so helpful to let us know we are not alone. We mortgaged our house for this baby, so I just want to know it is all okay. I wont sleep tonight...lol! but I will post back here tomorrow to let you all know how it goes!

I've been having pregnancy symptoms since basically the day I tested, but I feel like I am two steps from wishing for death this week (week 6). So much nausea and food aversion!!! AND I LOVE FOOD. It's awful!

I sort of wish I had food aversions or sickness... maybe then I wouldn't be such a pig. I've done nothing but eat and sleep for 2 months!

Twins are so awesome Dark_star! I have twin nephews and I would totally not mind having a set of twins myself. Were you on Clomid? My sister was when she conceieved hers.

I have a bit of a cold right now, so I feel my sense of smell and taste are dulled, and I normally have a very sensitive smeller even before pregnancy. Hoping to stop coughing soon.

Can't say I have a very large appetite now, but I'm trying to keep snacking regularly to hopefully ward of the nasty MS witch.

I did the snacking thing earlier on, but I can't even do that now. It's 11:00 AM and I am still slowwwly working on the cup of yogurt I started for breakfast, and barely keeping it down.

And yeah, the fatigue. If I could just sleep for the next 33+ weeks, that would be great. Wake me up when it's over! :)

Me!! :)
I'm 31, DH is 32 and it will be our first baby!
We can't wait to have LO with us!

I sort of wish I had food aversions or sickness... maybe then I wouldn't be such a pig. I've done nothing but eat and sleep for 2 months!

This is me too!! I can't get enough food! And once I eat, I'm planning my next meal.
As for sleep, I wake up a few times to pee but I've been getting increasingly uncomfortable. I'm a back sleeper but they recommend you train yourself to sleep on your side since once the baby is bigger, it could sit on a main artery. I've been trying different things but will probably need to get a body pillow or something like that.
On weekends, I take naps too. Wish I could at work :)

Hi! :wave: I'll be 34 next month and DH turned 34 back in Nov. We TTCd for nearly 2 years and are so excited to be blessed with little bean. :)

I can't believe that this time next year (had we not conceived) theyd consider us "high risk". Unbelievable.

Not my first but I'm 30 now with number 2, I'll be 31 by jellybeans due date.

I'm 34 and my DH turns 32 next month. So blessed that we fell naturally and so quickly. Our 12 week scan is a week today, equally excited and terrified!

Hi! :wave: I'll be 34 next month and DH turned 34 back in Nov. We TTCd for nearly 2 years and are so excited to be blessed with little bean. :)

I can't believe that this time next year (had we not conceived) theyd consider us "high risk". Unbelievable.

A few months ago, one of my technicians at work said something about "don't you need to have babies soon, you're about to be high risk!" I am only 31!!! She also didn't know we had already started trying. And she had her 2 kids at 21 & 23, so it is just kind of a different ballgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->