Anyone else over 30 and in their 1st pregnancy?

I am 33, will still be 33 when baby arrives. Baby's father is 38. This is my first pregnancy. 11 weeks today, and I have my NT screening ultrasound on April 1. Anxious to see the baby again!

My emotions are crazy lately. I was pretty depressed for a couple of weeks because I was too tired to exercise and the weather was terrible. Now that it is a little warmer and my energy is coming back, I feel a lot better. Hardly any symptoms other than tired and emotions.

Take that back about symptoms because I get painfully hugely bloated at 7pm every day whether I just ate or haven't eaten since 2. It's terrible.

Hi! :wave: I'll be 34 next month and DH turned 34 back in Nov. We TTCd for nearly 2 years and are so excited to be blessed with little bean. :)

I can't believe that this time next year (had we not conceived) theyd consider us "high risk". Unbelievable.

A few months ago, one of my technicians at work said something about "don't you need to have babies soon, you're about to be high risk!" I am only 31!!! She also didn't know we had already started trying. And she had her 2 kids at 21 & 23, so it is just kind of a different ballgame.

If anyone said that to me, I'd probably hit them. I'm high risk for 4 different reasons (twins, 36, two major health issues). We know what our risk factors are and don't need to be reminded of them. That's like calling out someone for being overweight or a smoker and telling them about their health risks. Rude.

Yeah, I remember not really thinking much about it at the time. And then like a week later I was up one night and just couldn't stop thinking about it.

The girl who said it is a very dear friend and I honestly don't think she meant to be rude. She is Guatemalan and just seems to be more blunt than I'm used to and in work situations, I generally prefer that.

My sister was 36 with her twins, too. And she'd had a c-section already 3 years before.

Welcome, oneill! I totally understand about the weather and whatnot getting you down. I'm just so glad it is starting to warm up here (ugh, it's overcast again as I type this). I just keep imagining all the lovely summery maternity sun dresses I'll be wearing this summer and it cheers me up! As a curvy girl my whole life, I've always tried on sundresses and thought "it looks too maternity-like" and now I finally will have an excuse to wear them!!
Also, I go for my first scan at 7 weeks on April 2. Can't wait to share pics!

A few months ago, one of my technicians at work said something about "don't you need to have babies soon, you're about to be high risk!" I am only 31!!! She also didn't know we had already started trying. And she had her 2 kids at 21 & 23, so it is just kind of a different ballgame.

I had a coworker say something similar. "If you're going to have kids, you need to get on it if you don't want Down Syndrome babies!" Uhm, thanks.

Omg, Dill! That is horrible! People can be so insensitive!!

Hi! :wave: I'll be 34 next month and DH turned 34 back in Nov. We TTCd for nearly 2 years and are so excited to be blessed with little bean. :)

I can't believe that this time next year (had we not conceived) theyd consider us "high risk". Unbelievable.

at 31 I still felt like I had forever to try. I'd have started earlier but Who knew it would take so long.

at 31 I still felt like I had forever to try. I'd have started earlier but Who knew it would take so long.

So did I... I honestly thought I would quit BC and be pregnant 2 months later. I was so innocent and hopeful about the process back then :(

My pregnancy was an accident. Really didn't plan on ever having kids, mostly because I got to 32, broke up with bf and moved to a new city, and figured it would take me too long to find someone I wanted to have kids with, and I didn't want to spend the money to freeze my eggs. 9 months later, here I am 3 months pregnant by a great guy even though I was on the pill. Things can change quickly!

I'm pretty sure this will be my only child, but I am excited to be a mom. I just didn't want to have my heart set on it in case I didn't find a man I wanted to have kids with. Single moms are awesome but I couldn't do it.

Good morning ladies!

I'm 33 and DH is 40. First pregnancy after 18 long months trying. We're very excited! Due in October.

I read the previous pages. People can be so rude! We've heard everything during the years because we are "so old." I'm tired of hearing people telling us they are surprised because they thought we were DINKS. And many obsessively ask if we were trying or if it was an accident. I'm certainly not going to share our previous struggles with them.:wacko:

Good morning ladies!

I'm 33 and DH is 40. First pregnancy after 18 long months trying. We're very excited! Due in October.

I read the previous pages. People can be so rude! We've heard everything during the years because we are "so old." I'm tired of hearing people telling us they are surprised because they thought we were DINKS. And many obsessively ask if we were trying or if it was an accident. I'm certainly not going to share our previous struggles with them.:wacko:

Hey Carol! I'm just outside Dallas.
Funny you bring that up, because I was not familiar with the term DINK until my husband brought it up. He just graduated from college (finally at 33!) in December and is now working full time. So like 3 or 4 days after my BFP, he was like "just as we finally become DINKs..."
He was joking, by the way.

Hope you all have a good weekend. It's my work weekend (I work every other), so I'll be busy busy and trying not to count the hours until my appt on April 2!

PS I'm jealous of you ladies who already have real fruit in your ticker (limes) versus an Appleseed. Grow, baby, grow!

Hey Carol! I'm just outside Dallas.
Funny you bring that up, because I was not familiar with the term DINK until my husband brought it up. He just graduated from college (finally at 33!) in December and is now working full time. So like 3 or 4 days after my BFP, he was like "just as we finally become DINKs..."
He was joking, by the way.

Hope you all have a good weekend. It's my work weekend (I work every other), so I'll be busy busy and trying not to count the hours until my appt on April 2!

Hey TexMel! Yay, someone local! :) congrats to you hubby on his graduation! You must be so proud!

Have a nice weekend too ^^.

So, we ended up telling my in-laws and then my whole family last night. It was so fun seeing everyone's reactions. I guess now that it is out in the open, it is real. This is happening. Can't wait til April 2!

Since I've been so sick at work, we've moved our announcement date up significantly because almost half the staff is guessing, and hubby wants to be sure his family knows before random people I work with. So we'll be doing an announcement dinner on the 1st (terrible date, but it was the only one we could manage due to work schedules) and probably the public announcement later the same day, or the 2nd, since there's no way hubby's mom will keep it a secret once she knows.

cautiously saying hello.:shy::wave:

Dill, i think announcing to family is probably fine on the 1st, because you can show positive tests and have a conversation, etc., but i would be careful announcing on social media on april 1st. i just think a lot of people will think it is a joke, and their comments might not feel so great...? or maybe i am just too sensitive and a worrier. (well, i know that's true:haha:)

i only post this because i was image googling about pregnancy after loss, and for some reason a picture came up that was gently reminding others that the opposite - using pregnancy as an april fool's joke - is hurtful to those struggling to conceive or people in a number of other loss/infertility situations. i had never even thought about that and then i saw your post. i realize it's not quite the same, but just thought i'd throw it out there as food for thought.:shrug::hugs:

I had my second child at 21 I was high risk due to thrombophillia that caused my first chikld to be stillborn, I don't understand why people get upset with the label it just means you will be better taken care of,my first son I was not high risk and look what happened!

Sorry Jessica! That sounds awful.

Welcome jumpingo! How far along are you?

Last day in the first tri for me!!! Ugh... time is still moving so slow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->