Anyone else put on Clomid 100mg, Femara 7,5mg, folic acid 5mg, and HCG trigger shot?

OuteniquaMom

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I am 26 years old, started period at age 16.. I only menstruate once a year and convinced i am anovulatory. Diagnosed with PCOS mid 2017, been TTC for 2 years and no luck yet. I have been on Metformin for 6 months and it did not regulate my cycle, just made me feel terribly sick all the time.
My OBGYN placed me on Clomid 100mg the morning, 7,5mg Femara the evening, 5mg Folic Acid daily and and HCG shot when i reach an egg with size >18mm. All this with no period induced with provera. I have never heard of this approach, has anyone else been through this and had a success story???
i been trying for so long, i am healthy, not overweight, i eat healthy and very active. this is really difficult and depressing. :cry::

I have never heard of Clomid with Femara at the same time. I am in the TWW of my first Clomid cycle. My doctor started with 100 mg of Clomid (days 3-7), plus Folic Acid. I was already taking folic acid, though. Folic Acid is a must for anyone TTCing, but I've also head that it is helpful with Clomid. I know there's a lot of women who do use the trigger shot with Clomid, but I'm not this cycle.

Perhaps myo-insoitol (it's sometimes included as part of the B vitamin family, and it's sometimes seen as a sugar) could be an alternative to metformin. From what I've read, it is virtually as effective as metformin, especially when paired with Clomid. However, there are fewer side-effects. The problem is that it is usually not covered by insurance, while metformin is. Therefore, patients are usually prescribed the pharmaceutical, rather than the myo-insoitol. However, I think it's effectiveness depends on the cause of your PCOS. A lot of PCOS can include insulin-resistance, but I think 30% of PCOSers don't have that issue. It's something to consider, but I'm hoping this works for you and you won't have to think about it!

Fingers crossed for you and wishing you the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->