Anyone else really struggling with morning sickness?

Laurabub84

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks today with baby number 6. I know it’s bad to say but I am feeling so miserable right now. My morning sickness is so bad. I can’t eat a thing and can only manage the odd sip of water. I’ve completely broke down today because I don’t know how I’m going to cope going another 4-6 weeks of this. I’ve tried cyclizine and it made absolutely no difference. I’ve now been prescribed prochlorperazine but when reading the instructions it says not to take in pregnancy and when I google it says for safety take it for the least amount of time. So now I’m scared to take them because I don’t want to risk any harm coming to my baby. I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time so I don’t feel alone. I really don’t want to end up in hospital. I just don’t know what to do :cry:

Hey beautiful, I am so sorry. First of all I went down the Google rabbit hole for you and it looks like studies are pretty clear that prochlorperazine doesn’t pose a risk to baby. I guess they studied 5000 women who took it through the first tri and there was no increased risk of birth defects. They have to have the disclaimer of “don’t take anything JUST IN CASE” but it doesn’t show an honest picture of the risk you’re taking, which in this case seems to be zero. Take care of yourself honey- that’s taking care of your baby, too.

Hey beautiful, I am so sorry. First of all I went down the Google rabbit hole for you and it looks like studies are pretty clear that prochlorperazine doesn’t pose a risk to baby. I guess they studied 5000 women who took it through the first tri and there was no increased risk of birth defects. They have to have the disclaimer of “don’t take anything JUST IN CASE” but it doesn’t show an honest picture of the risk you’re taking, which in this case seems to be zero. Take care of yourself honey- that’s taking care of your baby, too.
I would agree with this. Meds just have to have disclaimers. My progesterone my ob prescribed me until 12 weeks also says something along the lines of not taking when pregnant and I’m taking it specifically for pregnancy. Take care of yourself! Not being able to keep anything down is rough. I’ve had my share of days like that (thankfully B6/Unisom helps if I stay consistent. The unisom does get me over the hump to where I can eat). Hugs! Hopefully your morning sickness will let up soon

Thanks for the reply’s ladies. I took one a couple of hours ago. I’ve not managed to eat at all today and have just been sipping water but I’ve now brought all that up so that one did nothing for me. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now because my doctors surgery is now closed until Monday

I'm sorry it didn't do anything for you. Have you got a walk in centre you could try over the weekend until the Dr's open again on Monday? I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

If you're in the UK hun ring 111 and they can get you an emergency appt or into hospital IF you need it. I'm sorry you're rough at the moment, hopefully it'll pass as quick as it come on xx

Thank you for the reply’s. Friday was the worst day by far and I still felt a little rough yesterday morning, but then the rest of the day I felt ok and now so far today I’m not even sure I have a hint of sickness or not. So of course now I’m completely freaking out somethings wrong. I just can’t win. I’m grateful for the break because of how bad it was but now I’m worried why has it suddenly gone from one extreme to the next? I even managed to eat yesterday and felt reasonable ok after. I couldn’t sleep last night worrying and it didn’t help that I stupidly tried my Doppler and couldn’t find a heartbeat. I know it’s probably still too early anyway to be able to find it but I’m so worried now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->