anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

I wouldn't even know what to look for on an OPK! Have debated it for my first cycle next month, but because i've never used them, i doubt i'd know the difference :) x

Ss83 I've had bloods done once which showed I ovulated that cycle. As my cycles are ll over the place the doctor thinks I don't ovulate every cycle but I didn't believe him as I temp and do OPK's and when I have a positive my temp goes up and AF arrives 15 days later! I think on the long cycles the eggs are maybe 'over cooked'? The doc did day that with my cycles being irregular the lining etc wont be at the right stage at the right time when I do release an egg. So hopefully clomid will at least sort that out!

I think I did ovulate last week as my temps are high now so I'm definitely on the 2ww. I have to have blood tests on my first cycle of clomid on days 22 and 29 as I should have ovulated by then! Fingers crossed!

I find OPK's really useful as I can usually tell if they are positive/negative (I use the cheapie Internet ones) and they are ways right (except once when I got a false positive). I don't obsess as I just wait till I get EWCM then use OPK's once a day and usually a couple of days later I get a positive then switch to temps to confirm that I ovulated. The rest of the cycle I don't do anything.

Xxx

Hi Ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join you!?
I just got back from my doctor and need some friends as I'm feeling a bit down. But he is going to start us on Clomid next cycle so I am trying to focus on that and seeing our BFP in the near future :)
I actually saw my doctor last Monday and he told me that I would most likely ovulate over the weekend. So I did an OPK on thursday because i was starting to have O cramps. The test was positive (smily face). The next day CD16 no temp rise. CD17-19 no temp rise. I was in shock as I'm normally somewhat regular. So today CD19 I had an US and my eggs weren't ready at all, the biggest was 15mm and they need to be at least 21 my FS told me. Also, he said my lining was so thin that if I did get pregnant it would most likely not make it. (This is probably also due to the face that I had an ectopic last month).

So starting next cycle I will start clomid 50mg. I just have to call him first sign of a/f. He thinks it will help with everything that is going on. I really hope so!!!! Now we just have to wait for a/f to show her face.

ps. he also said that OPK's don't always work, but temping does always work. Which def proved to be correct in my case! Now I am going to temp no matter what!

Good luck Rachel lets hope clomid does the trick for you! Do you have any idea when AF will arrive or you just gotta wait until she shows? I think I'm due on about 4th may ish but my temp rose quite a bit again this morning so not sure what's going on! X

Thanks! I am guessing that mine will come around May 10th. But since this cycle is so weird, who knows!

BrownieBaby - what day in your cycle are you? Are you sure your not pregnant??? Have you read about the triphasic temp? Just a thought :)

Ha ha Rachel I wish! I'm only 5dpo so too early for implantation!!!

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind if I join you! I am starting my first round of Clomid this week. AF came today and I am doing 100mg on 3-7. I'm excited and nervous as I've been through 3 months of testing and surgeries. I've always O'd on my own and had three miscarriages in the last year. Dr went in and removed a small polyp and did a d&c just to clear things out a couple weeks ago. She said I should be prime to conceive now, fingers are crossed for all of us!!!

\Just picking up on something someone said, will Clomid, thicken the lining of the womb?xx

Welcome to everyone xx

Yah I actually read the opposite too. But my doctor just told me that Clomid will help regulate my cycle, which in turn will create a thicker lining. I hope he is correct!!! I trust him and he has such a high success rate that he must know what he is doing.....but I'm thinking about asking someone else just to be sure! Because from what i have read most women take estrogen for that no?!

Brownie Baby how are you doing? Still have high temps?

Rachel thanks for asking after me :)

I too have been told that by regulating my cycles and encouraging ovulation earlier in y cycle it will in turn make sure my lining etc is where it should be for ovulation.

My temp remained high yesterday but today has come down again a bit. Also once I put in yesterday's temp ff seemed to think I ovulated on Saturday not Thursday as I thought. So if ff is correct we may have missed it as we didn't dtd on sat or sunday :(

Hmm I didn't get told anything about my lining, she took a look at it during my ultrasound and didn't say there was anything wrong with it but I wasn't sure she got her dates right...not worth worrying about though, nothing I can do!
just under three weeks to my clomid apt...currently in what would be my fertile window if my cycle is 31 days again and my left ovary decides to kick in again, so bding every day this week if we can as last chance for a natural bfp for a while...!

Hi can i join the convo?

I am just waiting for period to start so i can start my first cycle with clomid. very excited!

A bit about me. I am 24 my dh is 25. We where married in july 2011 and thats when we started ttc.
In oct 2012 i went to the doc to see what was taking so long. turns out i dont ov. so off to the hospital for lots more test. then in for an op because of a cyst on my right ovary. turns out right ovary is... not good. blocked scared and twisted. dr drained and did all he could but i only have one working tube.
Today he talked about removing it completely but because of my age he thinks i have a lot in my favour and doesnt want to do that so he has given me 3 months of clomid to get me to ov and see what happens.

I am so happy i dont have to have my tube removed because even tho its not woking i would have had a longer wait before i could be given something to help me ov.

Sooo happy there is a bit of light in my tunnel now lets hope it will lead me to a :baby:

My period is due about the 5th of may so not long. I can't wait and i am feeling hopeful for the first time since i was told i am not oving.

how is everyone?
anyone close in cylce days|timing to me?

:dust: to all... :flower:

Can I join too?

I'm waiting for my period to start so I can start my first round of Clomid. I took Provera last month to induce a period and my fertility doctor told me to wait until CD 35 until taking it again. CD 35 is 12th May, so I'm counting down.

I also have one ovary that showed PCOS and one that appeared normal, but I rarely get periods on my own, so I don't think I ovulate at all. Blood tests were mainly fine but my free testosterone is raised, HSG was clear, DH's SA was great so my doctor thinks I will respond well to Clomid but we will have to wait and see! :)

Welcome lemonade and one day! I'm hoping to get clomid next weekend at my first clomid clinic apt, so think af should turn turn up around a week or so later (hopefully I wont get a 40-50 day cycle this time, that'd be typical when I actually want it to turn up!)

Hi one day I'm due on around the same time as you so we'll be started clomid within a day or two of each other! A huge load of luck for you!

Good luck to you too lemonade lets hope clomid works wonders for us all!

Part of me is excited, part of me is trying not to get my hopes up in case it doesn't work. I do ovulate so will clomid actually make much difference? Only one way to find out!! X

Sorry ss83 forgot you out! Hope you do ovulate and good luck for your last natural cycle before clomid! X

browniebaby ~ A load of luck your way too. It is strange to be praying af shows up soon when im normaly the otherway lol. never been so excited for a period.
I'm hoping to be able to start monday. which day are you hoping?

Lemonade~ i hope your period comes by its self soon for you so you can start earlier but if not the 12th isnt far now :)

SS83 ~ eek no a period that long would not be good. fingers crossed for you

I too am trying not to get my hopes up too much, its not a sure thing after all. but its the first bit of hope we have had in a while its hard not too get too carried away.

Does everyone else have to ring up the dr when period starts and book in for scans to monitor progress ect??

good luck too you all lets hope for a round of lovely clomid babies next months :)

Hey ladies!!

So I really randomly started my period this morning. I'm in shock, I ovulated 5 days ago so I thought af wasn't coming for another two weeks. I immediately called the doctor and they wanted me to come in to make sure I wasn't having another miscarriage and to make sure it was indeed af. It was!

So the doctor prescribed me Clomid! Very exciting! However, he told me to start taking it tomorrow CD2 - doesn't that seem very early?? I've heard starting to take it CD3-5, not 2! He gave me a rx for progesterone to start taking after ovulation. I am supposed to come back on CD9 (5/10) to get an ultrasound to see how the follicles are developing and to do a PCT. I saw a different doc then I am used to, so I think I am going to call my regular doc tomorrow to make sure he agress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->