anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Thanks one day - no I have been given 3 months worth of tablets and have to have blood tests on the first cycle to confirm ovulation and then go back after 3 months to see how I got on. So no monitoring for me! Don't know if that's because of my situation (ovulating on my own just irregular cycles) or whether its my nhs trust.

Rachel - do you think you might have ovulated sooner then? A 5-day LP doesn't sound right though does it? Anyway at least you get to start clomid now. I have to take mine days 2-6 as well. I think that is so you develop as many follicles as possible as early as possible? Good luck though really hope it works!

Feeling quite down tonight for no apparent reason. Might take myself off to bed early and read a book x

So the doctor's office called with my blood results and my progesterone is 9 at 6DPO, so the doctor said that its impossible that this blood is my period. He said he's not sure what it is. He also said my uterine lining is very thin at 4.2, which is odd since my progesterone is 9. He said when I do start my real period it will be tiny amount of spotting since my lining is so thin. But to call the second I see any spotting to get another blood test to see if it is my period and then start clomid.

I asked him if its possible that this bleeding was implantation bleeding but he said no because if it was implantation bleeding my HSG would be 1-5, but its 0. So thats good news! This was the one cycle I DID NOT want to be pregnant :)

Phewww, such a rollar coaster ride! Crazy! But I feel like I am learning so much about my body. I think I could be a doctor after all this is over ;)

Here is a cool site that predicts you O date on clomid and when to start testing https://www.babymed.com/tools/clomid-ovulation-calculator Good luck everyone!

Hey girls. On here for a moan after bursting into tears getting ready for going for dinner with my husband and not being able to fit into anything. I'm very weight conscious and keep fit, but since coming off the pill am battling to stay my usual size 10/12. Have dieted all week and put on 5 lbs in what I can only assume is water weight from hormones, and my skin is a mess.like being a teenager again. I know it's probs my pcos or ov hormones, but I absolutely hate it. feel like I've lost control of my body since coming off the pill, I know it's for that bfp but struggling with it right now. :-(

Hey girls how is everyone?

Sorry to hear you are upset ss83, just try and remember the ultimate goal!

Well AF is almost here I can feel she is about to make an appearance. I did a test yesterday which was bfn as I didn't want it hanging over me all weekend. At least I know anyway and can try and look forward to starting clomid now in the next couple of days x

Hi all

ss83 sorry you have been down but like browniebaby says keep thinking of the ultimate goal.

i too can feel af just round the corner. she is due today (sunday) when i woke i did a test, bfn, so now just waiting for her to show so i can ring the hospital.
I now have the sinking feeling she is going to be late this month. ive been reg since my op but before that i was all over the place. so its tyical that the one month i want her to shown she'll play hide and seek.

Hows everyone?

Well AF has appeared so the clomid journey begins tomorrow! X

Af just arrived for me too. we will be starting our clomid journey togeather tomorrow :).

Just been trying to get hold of the hospital but no answer. bank holiday weekend and all. going to keep ringing. Do you think it will be okay to still start tomorrow? because im going to. i dont wait to wait another month before i can start clomid.

:dust: to all

Yay we can be clomid buddies! Well my doctor told me to take it days 2-6 but I know if differs person to person. What did your doctor say about it or was it just to ring when AF showed? X

Yeah i have to take it fom day 2 to day 6 aswell.
but i am meant to ring hospital on the first day of my period to book in for a scan so they can monitor my uterus and ovaries while on clomid. but i dont think it would be a problem if i cant get hold of them until tuesday, ill try again tomorrow but i guess as its a bank holiday no one will be there to answer the phone.

yay to being clomid bubbies to!! :) we can compare any side effects we get. (hopefully none)
I have a 30 day cycle so next af due on the 3rd.

Do you have to go in for any scans or blood work this cycle?

I wouldn't worry just ring on Tuesday to book in and I'm sure it'll be fine.

No I just have to have blood tests on day 22 and 29 for 2 cycles to check if I ovulated then I go back in 3 months to see how I've got on. Problem is I'm on holiday she my first cd22 will be so not sure what to do! I'm back late on cd23 so could possibly do cd24 but not sure if its worth it :/ might ring up see what they say.

I'm going to take mine tomorrow night as I've heard it's better to do that so you sleep through the side effects. What about you? X

Yeah thanks im sure tuesday will be fine too.

I think the scan is mainly to make sure my body is responding to the drug and im oving on it. if all looks good i dont have to do it again for the next cycle on clomid. (hopefully get lucky this time tho.) i have to go back in four months to see how im getting on. so other then scans this months i don't have to go for a while.

Yeah ring them i think can't hurt to get their opinion if your not sure.

Yeah i heard about taking them at night too. but as i work nights i'll be taking them in the morning (still before bed tho)

What dose are you on?

Hi girls. Feeling a bit more upbeat today. Getting excited reading about you all starting on clomid this week! My apt is on the 18th may which is right around the time af is due I think...knowing my luck I'll miss it for next cycle and not start til june..hope not though! Currently at the end if what should be my ov week I think but no ewcm so I don't think I've ov'd this month...oh well.
Is everyone in the uk? Brownie, will they not scan you to check you don't produce too many eggs? My clinic has given us strict instructions not to bd for 2 days before the scan on our first clomid cycle just incase the dose needs lowered if you super ovulate on it.

Good luck with your Clomid cycles Browniebaby and oneday!

Ss83, I'm in the UK too and my doctor said the clinic would do ultrasounds starting on CD 10 to check follicle size/check for hyper ovulation this first cycle and then the rest of my cycles would be unmonitored.

I'm on CD 28, so a week until I am supposed to start Provera to get AF. I'm trying to figure out dates because I'm going away for 5 days in late May and don't particularly want to have AF when I'm there but also don't want to leave it longer and be away when I'm supposed to be having my monitoring scans. And it all depends on how long it takes to get AF after I finish the course of Provera anyway (last time it was 6 days..). Ahhh, this TTC business is so confusing! :dohh:

ss83 - glad you are feel a bit more upbeat now. So are you hoping to start clomid around the 18th when you have your apt?
hope you dont have to wait till june.
yeah im from the uk. Bedfordshire.
Oh i was not told not to bd. i guess everywhere is different. but then my scan should be before ov.

Ive also read about clomid thinning the lining... anyone know much about that?

it can be confusing lemonade, i agree there. and a big waiting game. i feel like im always waiting for something. af, then to ov, then the tww. then all over again.

I too am going away end of may. im going to barcelona for a long weekend. are you going anywhere nice? I'll be away right when af is due. but it will be a nice distraction from the end of the tww.

Is anyone else trying not to get their hopes up too high? im struggling with that, dont want to be too heartbroken if or when af shows.

Yeah hoping for one of my longer cycles as my apt is on cycle day 36, so fingers crossed af turns up no earlier than cd 35 so I can start clomid straight away, otherwise I'm guessing I'll need to wait til next cycle. Was meant to be at the clinic this weekend but I'm away to london so had to reschedule it, so annoying...just want to start now.
I'm not getting my hopes up right now, if anything I've been feeling like this might never happen for us (which isn't like me). I'm sure that'll change once on clomid though and dreading the bfns as know I won't be able to hope like mad every cycle, and dh will be as bad if not worse.
My brother is going through ivf this month too for their first, and I can't even imagine what that must be like.I'm finding after just 15months that it's getting me down and I'm exhausted thinking about it.

One day - sorry to interupt. I just wanted to offer u some hope. I got my first ever bfp from my first round of clomid taken days 2-6 with only one tube working! Unfortunately i lost the baby at 14 weeks but that was due to other issues, nothing that would affect u. We had been ttc for 2 years. Im waiting to start clomid again soon. Good luck! Xxx

One day - I'm on 50mg. What about you? I've heard it can thin the lining but I was told by my doc my lining is thin as my cycles are irregular so hopefully clomid will sort that out.

Ss83 - you appointment is not too far away then you'll be joining us! No be didn'tention about scanning at all. Bit worried now lol. I'm in the uk too, in Surrey!

Lemonade - not long to go, I know it's confusing but I'm sure we'll all get there in the end and that's what we need to keep telling ourselves. Each cycle we get through is one cycle closer to our BFP's!

MrsBroodyPants - thanks for your story it gives us hope!

As for the hope question, I go through phases of being positive to being negative and I think it's understandable. But I think we'd be disappointed if it wasn't successful even if we tried not to get our hopes up so why not? If you don't have hope you have nothing!

Xxx

Afternoon all, not popped on for a while!

Can't believe it's come round for you to take your Clomid browniebaby! Seems so fast, i have another week to wait as yet :( but like everyone says, it's weird wanting AF to show, never ever wanted it so much before. I'm taking mine on days 2-6 also and i'm not getting monitored except for a blood test on day 21 to check to see if i have ovulated. Brownie baby, what PCT are you?

Hope the sun is shining for you all xx

Well my first night on clomid wasn't great. Kept going hot and cold and then woke up at 2:30am wide awake! Couldn't get back to sleep! Felt so tired this morning but not too bad now. Keep getting the odd splitting headache for a few seconds then it goes. I hope I have a better night sleep tonight!

Oneday- how are you getting on?

MrsOvey - I know it has come round fast! I'm in Surrey what about you? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back