• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

One day - sorry to interupt. I just wanted to offer u some hope. I got my first ever bfp from my first round of clomid taken days 2-6 with only one tube working! Unfortunately i lost the baby at 14 weeks but that was due to other issues, nothing that would affect u. We had been ttc for 2 years. Im waiting to start clomid again soon. Good luck! Xxx

Thank you for the hope mrsbroodypants. :flower: and so sorry to hear about your lose. that must have been horrible, i can't imagine it.
Good luck to you too for when you start clomid again.

One day - I'm on 50mg. What about you? I've heard it can thin the lining but I was told by my doc my lining is thin as my cycles are irregular so hopefully clomid will sort that out.

Xxx

I am on 50mg to.
My doc never brought up lining so ive decided not to worry about it. If it was important he would have said :shrug:

And i am totally agree with your comment about hope ~ If you don't have hope you have nothing! so true.

my scan is booked in for the 16th at 8.45. so hopefully they will see everying is as it should and i wont have to go for anymore.

Good luck to everyone who has started or is starting clomid soon.
:hugs:

I'm in Kent, so pretty close, which is probably why our treatment is similar. Sorry to hear you had bad side effects, must admit, i haven't even really thought about them! I'm sure i will next week :) x

Well my first night on clomid wasn't great. Kept going hot and cold and then woke up at 2:30am wide awake! Couldn't get back to sleep! Felt so tired this morning but not too bad now. Keep getting the odd splitting headache for a few seconds then it goes. I hope I have a better night sleep tonight!

Oneday- how are you getting on?

MrsOvey - I know it has come round fast! I'm in Surrey what about you? X

Ahh no, im sorry you didnt have a good first experience on it.

Ive been okay. been tired but i pretty sure thats just normal 'time of the month'

I decided to take my tablet just before or just after dinner. as i heard its better to take any tablet with food for many reason but one of them is to help with side effects. dont know how true that is but i thought it cant hurt.

how has your second day been so far?

And how is everyone else?

Well the second night wasn't bad at all! Kept waking up but I do that anyway but slept ok. Had a few hot episodes but that equally could have been because of the weather. So second night was ok! Didn't get up for a jog this morning so feeling a bit guilty but I'll go after work instead to make up for it!

How's everyone else getting on? X

Just waiting for my apt at the clinic next weekend, on cd26.
Lost 4lbs in one day so must have been my cycle and water weight...sooo annoying.

4lb in one day?! I find at certain times of the month I'm heavier, bit strange really when you think about it! But I guess with bloating etc it does make sense. Hope you are feeling better about it all now!

Your appointment will be here before you know it. So there will be a few of us on our first cycle very soon!

My H is going to be late home so don't know whether to just do dinner and eat on my own and let him warm his up or just wait for him. Decisions decisions! X

It's crazy the difference to look at me, I felt huge on sunday...how can that be normal?! I'm running every night this week and dieting to try shift the remaining 5 lbs which unfortunately I don't think will shift as easy! Lol
have picked myself up again since the weekend, was feeling really low and awfully tearful.think I'm upbeat most of the time and all of a sudden sometimes it catches up with me and I feel exhausted with it all. Anyone else get like that? I sometimes wonder how I'd even cope with another few years of this abd potentially ivf....nevermind those that then go on to adopt after all that...I've massive respect for those couples.
Off to london for the weekend with my mum which will take my mind off it for a bit, then it'll be the familiar impatient wait with symptom spotting til af arrives..!

I am on CD 16 of my first round of clomid (3-7) No sign of O yet, but I heard clomid can delay ovulation a bit. Doing OPK twice a day and still no surge, I'm getting a bit nervous that I might not O. I haven't had any bad side effects.

Try not to rely too much on opks, I've heard loads about them not being reliable.one lady on another post used them every month abd it showed up negative only for a scan to show she had in fact ovulated, so bd regardless!

Try not to rely too much on opks, I've heard loads about them not being reliable.one lady on another post used them every month abd it showed up negative only for a scan to show she had in fact ovulated, so bd regardless!

Good to know...thanks! I always got positives before, maybe clomid is making them not show.

hi guys,

hows everyone doing?

hi hopethisyear, fingers crossed you ov soon and catch that egg.

i'm going to be using opks too just so i feel like im doing all i can.

wow ss83 4lb in a day crazy.
I can relate to how you are feeling. i sometimes feel exhausted with this journey too. and i have a hugh amount of respect for thoses that have gone even further and have been trying for even longer. they must be really strong people. i dont know if i would be strong enough to do this for another 2 years.

Browniebaby glad your second day was better. hope the rest was okay too.
last tablet tomorrow!!!

I havnt really noticed any side effects ive had a couple of hot flushes but nothing too bad. which im glad about.
so hoping that we all have good luck on our first cycle of clomid. :thumbup:

is it sad to say i am looking forward to my scan? finding out if it all looks good and my body is responding. ... mmm surely no one should be looking forward to a transvaginal scan... :dohh:

Hope everyone is good :hugs:

Lol one day @looking fwd to your I scan, I totally get it! I'll be the exact same. I can't wait to get started now but nervous how I'll cope with the 2ww as I'm bad enough already!

So far so good with side effects just a few bit flushes. Last tablet tonight!! X

hi,

thanks ss83 glad to know im not the only one. was feeling a bit strange. but i wanna know if its working.
I know how u feel about the tww. im pretty sure i am going to be a tiny bit crazy during it lol. but hopefully ill have enough to distract me being in barcelona.

browniebaby just like me then a few hot flushes. not too bad.

Ive just taken my last tablet. guess its just a case of waiting to Ov now.

btw ladies ive been having af like cramps since i came on. which is normal i know, but ive been off for 2 days now and still getting them. normally i just get cramps on first day. do you think this could be because of the clomid?

hope you are all well.

Might be because of clomid, if it persists maybe ring your doctor?

I'm struggling at the moment. Come to visit one of my best friends this weekend who has a 7-month old. She knows about our TTC journey but clearly doesn't understand as they spend most of their time talking about how amazing their daughter is and how wonderful being a parent is etc. I don't mind a bit of it but it just feels likes its all the time. I'm so desperate to have a baby and it just upsets me so much. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive but it really hurts :(

Sorry to be needy! X

Might be because of clomid, if it persists maybe ring your doctor?

I'm struggling at the moment. Come to visit one of my best friends this weekend who has a 7-month old. She knows about our TTC journey but clearly doesn't understand as they spend most of their time talking about how amazing their daughter is and how wonderful being a parent is etc. I don't mind a bit of it but it just feels likes its all the time. I'm so desperate to have a baby and it just upsets me so much. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive but it really hurts :(

Sorry to be needy! X

Browniebaby - I think it is natural to feel like you do. As much as you want to be happy for your friend, there is still that part of you that is envious. I have 3 friends who have had babies this past month and I haven't been to see them yet and I really need to.

Thanks I feel better now and yesterday was ok I just felt so hurt and heartbroken that we want something so much and it just isn't happening. I've had a really hard 2 years as it is and I just want to feel like something is going right!

As for TTC, we're starting to dtd every-other day and I'm going to be better at taking my temp and doing OPK's as I'm always forgetting usually. I have no idea when I'll ovulate as I have irregular cycles usually!

How's everyone else getting on? X

Morning All, i don't if any of you can help, i'm due to start clomid this cycle, days 2-6, i started spotting 2 days ago and had first full bleed today (sorry TMI) should i take it today as i will probably only spot again tomorrow or take today as my 2nd day and start it tonight? I'm a bit confused! thank you xx

Sorry no idea mrs! Can you not call the clinic? My guess would be start today.
I'm on cd 32 waiting for af to show any day now. Clinic on saturday so depends on when af appears whether or not I'll get to start clomid next cycle.
for once not stressing about af, I'm just certain I'm not pregnant for some reason so not even tempted to test.maybe cause the clinic apt is this week I'm not concentrating on a natural bfp, who knows, but it's nice not symptom spotting!

MrsOvey my doc said AF starts the day of a full flow, not spotting. But you know your body best. Good luck! Let us know how you get on with any side effects!

Ss83 good luck, hope you have a natural bfp but if not, good luck for your appointment! Let us know how you get on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->