anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Hi girls
So here it is...not just a bfp...an actual baby! Wee heartbeat going strong, absolutely amazing. Told my parents tonight, best day ever.
Stick with it, clomid is a miracle and it's the best feeling in the world. All seems very real now.

https://s20.postimg.org/5b7m4e32x/2013_08_26_10_52_06.jpg
X

Congratulations, Sarah!

So, I'm on CD58 with no sign of ovulation, period, or anything. I've been on metformin, 500mg 2x daily for about 60+ days. Went to the doctor this morning to follow up and she wants to try clomid with me. Before we do, though, I have to go in tomorrow morning for an US to check my ovaries for cysts. If I have any over 2cm, I won't be able to do clomid, or something like that. My doctor is really thorough with clomid. You have to do estrogen after you finish your clomid, and then progesterone days 17 through the end of your cycle or through 10 weeks of pregnancy if you get pregnant.

If my US goes well tomorrow, I'll be able to start either estrogen (if my lining is thin) and THEN progesterone, or (if my lining is fine) progesterone right away to induce a bleed. Once that new cycle starts, I'd be able to start clomid on days 3-7 (50 mg. dose).

I'm very excited at the prospect, as my hubby and I have been TTC since April with no luck on my cycles (don't ovulate or cycle on my own). I did some calendar calculations and if everything goes well, I should find out if my first clomid cycle worked in October sometime. Seems like forever away, but it'll give me time to think about everything.

For the first time in a long time, I've been really excited and hopeful today about this whole process. Thanks, everyone for sharing your thoughts!:flower:

Congrats!!! A little heartbeat- so amazing! How many weeks are you?

I just had my 10 day ultrasound today. One 14, one 12, and a 10 and a 9. Going back tomorrow for another ultrasound. Hoping it looks ok so I can trigger tomorrow night or Wednesday for a Thursday or Friday IUI. Fingers crossed!

Baby measured 7 w 3 d so pretty much bang on where I thought I was. :)

Congratulations.

I just got a stronger positive ovulation test today :)

Welcome starbunny!! Sounds like they have you on a pretty good plan here! Thats really exciting hopeing you get some good news soon :)

Really excited to see your photo Sarah!! :D I can't wait to be in your shoes! I honestly believe my time is coming very soon :) Mood swings for me are still crappy this month but hey can't be all roses every month right? Maybe a tough month will be worth it :D

Excited to hear you got a positive OPK Mummy!! I forgot to test mine this morning :( Ahh tomorrow or hopefully later!

Hope everyone is having a great day~ Sarahs pic brought my mood up hugely!! Yay!! Cheers everyone! :D

Welcome starbunny!! Sounds like they have you on a pretty good plan here! Thats really exciting hopeing you get some good news soon :)

Thanks, Steph! I went in for my ultrasound this morning and everything (to me) looks a little better than it was last time. I did have a 1 cm cyst on my right ovary, but she said that wasn't something that would concern my doctor, so I should be good. She didn't say anything about my lining, yet, so I have to wait until they call me before I'll know whether to start estrogen next or progesterone. We'll see. I'm very impatient to get this ball rolling. LOL.

Good luck to us all! :dust:

Well, scan showed a 19mm follicle on one side and 26mm the other :)

Well, scan showed a 19mm follicle on one side and 26mm the other :)

Ooh, a chance of twins!

I'm loving all the good news on this thread at the moment. Hopefully I'll have some to post next week, 8dpo today...

Welcome Starbunny! I hope your time on Clomid is very short but this is a great thread for support :)

Those are good sizes bumblebee - hopefully O is close!

Great news MummyDonz! Those are great sizes. Happy BDing ;)

How exciting Lovecakes! When are you planning on testing?

What a roller coaster TTC is. I'm on CD 28 today and got these OPKs!?! More good news for this thread, maybe...?
https://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/sj1685/null_zpsee183d9d.jpg

Crazy. I've also had tons of EWCM and pain on my right side. I know PCOS can cause false positive OPKs but I've never ever had even one positive OPK when I'm on Clomid or not on Clomid (and I've tested hundreds and hundreds of times!), so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm supposed to start Provera on Friday, but I think I'm going to hold off and phone the fertility clinic to ask for a "cycle day 21" blood test. Wish I had temped this cycle so I had a better idea!

THanks, Lemonade!

Congrats on your positive OPKs! Yeah, you might want to ask for a blood test to see. I'm not sure if I want to temp on my first clomid cycle or not. I think I might just to know what's happening in more detail.

I'm a bit freaked out at the prospect of multiples from clomid, but my hubby and I only want 2 kids, so I suppose if we got pregnant with twins, we'd get our whole family in one go, LOL. I'm a bit more freaked out at triplets...LOL. We'll see how it goes. I still haven't heard back about my ultrasound yet, so I don't know whether I'll get to start progesterone soon or not (to start over my cycle). I'll update when I know.

I know what you mean about multiples (although just a confirmed ovulation would be nice at this point, lol...). I would rather have singletons so that I can experience bonding with one baby at a time but my DH is a triplet (also a result of fertility treatment), so I know I would have lots of support and advice from MIL and FIL if I did have multiples. I'm sure we would all be fine :)

Wow, Lemonade! A triplet!! That's a lot, LOL. Yeah, I think twins would be pretty exciting and I think a lot of people would be really supportive and helpful if we were to get pregnant with twins. We'll see. I'm still waiting to hear when I can start my progesterone!!! ARG! I hate this waiting. I'm ready to get started with the first cycle!!! LOL.

Yeah, I think my in-laws are super parents, having 3 boys at the same time.

Waiting is the worst. Sometimes I wish someone could just tell me that I will get pregnant and then the waiting would be easier. It's so hard not knowing. Hopefully you can start soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->