anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

The paperwork we got with the clomid states only bd every second day through the the possible fertile days. I can't really say its worked yet though so. Lol Good luck with the first cycle MummyDonz.

We have been bd'ing every other day for the last week. Hopefully if clomid has managed to get my ovaries going then I should ovulate one day this week. I'm going to start using opk's and temping until I hopefully get my first ever crosshairs!

Hey girls. I'll be in touch tomorrow after my first scan, very nervous but excited...wish me luck.x

I was wondering how you are getting on Sarah, good luck for tomorrow we'll all be thinking of you.x

Any of you ladies have ovary pain 4 days after your last pill? I'm having some strong pains although getting negative opk's. Thanks

Hi all,

I am on day 7 of my first cycle and am trying a medicated IUI. I am taking 50 clomid and a trigger shot. Going to the RE on Monday (tomorrow) to have an ultrasound to see how my 16 follicles are developing. If you start with 16 at day 3 is that usually how many you have on your day 10? Does anyone know if that is a normal number?

Hoping that everything looks good with no cysts on Monday and I can start September with a BFP!

Bumblebee I was told they only want one mature follicle, or even two to reduce the risk of multiples. I think in most cycles though lots of follicles start but only 1 matures. Best to act the Doctor though.

Ah ok. The nurse really didnt tell me anything except when to take the Clomid. I feel like I know nothing and any information I now have about IUI is from searching online... :wacko:

Hi Bumblebee, I was told that they ideally want to see one dominant follicle too (others might develop, but would be behind in size). I have found that the nurses don't really tell me anything either, which is sometimes frustrating, but then I guess it's not their job to make decisions. Good luck on Monday!

Also good luck tomorrow SS! I'm soooo excited to hear how your scan went :):)

Good luck on Tuesday, MummyDonz!

So many appointments coming up on this thread :)

A question for you all - do your work places know you are on Clomid etc? Nobody in real life knows about our fertility treatment except for DH and I, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to tell work next cycle. I've got away with it so far as some of my appointments have fallen in the school holidays (I'm a teacher), but this next cycle is going to be all in term time and I'm going to have to take time off for the scans. Don't really want to tell them, but don't want to keep lying either!

I haven't told work, I've just said Dr appointment. I'm lucky though as I'm not in the office all day it's not that unusual for me to be in a bit later sometimes. When I needed two days off for each hysteroscopy I said gynae procedure and my male boss looked so uncomfortable and asked no more questions. I think he was more embarrased than me! I said at the second one I may have a few follow up appointments to cover follicle scans etc...

You are entitled to time off for doctors appointments and it is true. You may feel better talking to them but it's your choice.

Hi Lemonade,

I am a teacher too, so I was thankful we could start my first cycle over the last few weeks of the summer. I havent told anyone about it at work, although some might be supportive, I do not really want to have to deal with any judgements or comments about how it is a "choice" and not a medical reason so I need to do it after work. has anyone else had any experiences with this?

You could say endocrinological problem as this is to do with hormones. Some people would probably google it though. Can you ask for especially early scans? My clinic start them at 7.30 for a follicle scan.

Thanks ladies. Annoyingly, my clinic only does Clomid scans on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. The latest appointment is 4.15, and even that is a push with having to see the kids out and get across the city.

Wish I had a male boss like you Lovecakes. That made me chuckle!

Bumblebee, I know exactly what you mean - we are allowed time off for hospital appointments but other (non urgent or "choice" appointments, like you said) have to be booked in our own time. I can tell them I am going to a hospital appointment, but after a few appointments, people start to get concerned and ask what I'm going for! Hmmm, maybe I need to think up a good story :)

Serious cramps today, it even woke me up at 6am! Opk is still negative but definitely got to be ovulating soon with this pain!

Omg I just for a positive opk :) so my low temp and serious pains have resulted in this...finally :)

Yay MummyDonz! That's great news :)

Anyone else keep checking to see if SS83 has posted? Hope everything went ok for her.

It was a definite positive with a Tesco one but not a boots one. With these pains, definitely got to be happening!

That's great Mummy Donz. Are they digital ones, as eachbrand may have a slightly different level.

Yeah I have been checking all day for SS83.

No they aren't digital ones. I couldn't see the level on the boots ones so couldn't compare. Was definitely a positive with Tesco though. Oh well, scan tomo and will carry on temping for a while. Paracetamol is wearing off now and ovary pain coming back again. Better hurry up and bd! Covered the last 2 nights too so will have done all that we can this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->