anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

They have somehow linked pcos with insulin resistant issues, hence why they put you on the metformin. It some how helps lessen the chances of cysts. I have been on metformin now for two years. And Just finished six rounds of clomid.

Hi, girls, just to update. I have just finished my third final (for now) round on 50mg of clomid. I personally think that I need a stronger dose. I don't expect anything to happen even this month but will try. GL to all of you.

:hugs:

Sabster,

Some studies have shown clomid to be more effective in PCOS patients when they have been on Metformin for 60-90 days before starting their first cycle of Clomid. Hoping that gives you some hope. Also, for some women, Metformin is all that is needed to get and stay pregnant with PCOS - I hope that's the case for you!

AFM, Think I may have ovulated yesterday - had an abdominal cramp I've never had before, so at least I'm believing I ovulated or am getting ready to. :) I'm CD13 today, so it's within the ballpark.

Thank you QueenKingFish. I had no idea. I will try to keep hopeful and work on eating clean and taking vitex in the meantime.

I wish you all the greatest of luck!!!!

Anyone making diet changes or other lifestyle changes to help succeess with clomid ?

Sabster -

Check with your doc before you continue taking Vitex with the Met and especially with Clomid, as it's contraindicated (meaning they can negate each other's effectiveness).

I've had a ton of improvement with following a low glycemic index/load diet along with the Met. Also have been avoiding soy if at all possible (phytoestrogens) along with cutting all parabens out of my beauty/cleansing routines. :)

Good luck!!!

I'm not taking Met or clomid for now and won't be for at least 2 months ( when I get tests results) So i will continue with it until then... Then I'll probably have to stop. I figured it would be a good idea to take it for now to help me regulate my hormones after the MC.

I try really hard to use free Paraben and other chemicalfree beauty products, especially shampoo and creams. I'm glad I started that more than a few years ago. I use less 'stuff' and I have great skin! as for diet.. I am a sugar fiend and sugar is one of the great culprits for hormone imbalances, so I gotta let go of my sugar habit... Ive been working on it and im definately better, but I need to continue and hopefully be sugar free by mid 2014. ( and hopefully a bit lighter...like 20 lbs hehehe)

I was thinking of doing the eat-clean diet which is a low glycemic diet too... I HATE DIETS!!!!! but I will sacrifice if it helps me conceive...

I've been taking clomid for two cycles, I started cleaning up my diet around this time last year, not for weight loss, I just wanted to eat healthy and help my body fall pregnant naturally. Obviously that didn't work haha, but I have noticed improvements in other areas when I do eat well so I've tried to stick with it as much as possible. With regards to skin and beauty products I try to steer clear of anything with sulphates or parabens. At one stage I was doing the oil cleanse, you wash your face with an oil mixture, it did wonders for my skin. I recently joined the gym and try to get there as much as I can, it's really helped me take my mind off this TWW. I'll find out in less than a week if this round has worked for me.. fingers crossed

Good luck lulu :hugs:

AF arrived tonight so im officially on Clomid, will start it on Friday. Im supposed to take it CD2-6, but since I started AF just an hour ago im going to count tomorrow as CD1! :flower:

So it looks like I'm not going to ovulate on CD 14 after all...does this mean Clomid didn't work for me this cycle? Did any of you ladies ovulate later in your cycle after being on Clomid?

the first cycle I didn't ovulate until CD24, this one was a little earlier on CD18. I've read that you should ovulate within 5-10 days of taking the last tablet.

Do you guys temp while on clomid? Im guessing it would be preferable to actually know if you ovulated.... I feel like I need a kick in the butt and start tempting once I get my period back. Maybe it will help....STRESSFUL.

GOOOD LUCK with your new rounds of clomid kiwilove!!!!!

lulu8254 don't worry or stress out for the TWW, either way you will know, so if you stress less it's better. Both times I got a BFP I was shocked. I had No clue whatsoever, and Im a self professed ''I always know what'S up with my body'' type of person. I was also not counting days, or anything. The only thing I focused on was identyfying eggwhite/ discharge and BDing then... GOOD LUCK!

I have only done one round of Clomid so far (getting ready for 2nd), but I temp. I just want to know we got the timing just right.

Good luck to everyone starting, and to everyone in the TWW, I'm right there with you!

We had a friend who gave birth on Sunday morning and everyone was excited that the baby was born on "The day the Seahawks won the Super Bowl" (we're in WA). That night, DH said, "If they can have one on the day the Hawks won, we sure can conceive one today!" Silly boys!

I don't temp anymore, especially on Clomid, since it can give you incorrect temps (not everyone has that experience, but I sure get the hot flashes and night sweats). Also, if you have PCOS, temping and OPKs can be misleading and give false results. All things I wish I would've known before spending the money on supplies. :)

I've heard that, but my doc wanted me to at least do OPKs. Luckily that wasn't my experience, though I don't have PCOS. I have a friend whose Dr wanted her to do OPKs also, and she does have PCOS, but he was very adamant that she did NOT use the smiley face kind!

I temp while using clomid. I find it's a relief when you see those first few temp rises, not that it's made much difference in the past. I have irregular periods so it's nice to know when to expect AF, no getting caught out. I haven't had any probs with temps being erratic. I also find I'm less worried about the temps around that time because I know I'm not going to ovulate that early, so if I do see an odd one I don't take much notice of it cos I'm looking at the overall pattern. maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't get affected. but those hot flashes...

the first cycle I didn't ovulate until CD24, this one was a little earlier on CD18. I've read that you should ovulate within 5-10 days of taking the last tablet.

Thank goodness, I thought it was 10 days within taking the first one. That is a huge relief, thank you for sharing your experience with me.

I don't know what I would do without this forum...you ladies are so supportive and knowledgeable.

Hey ladies, sorry but graphic/TMI question ahead. For those who have done more than one round of Clomid.

Any of you pass big chunks of endometrial tissue when you have a period after a clomid cycle? I've had chunks before, but this seemed so much huger. I usually catch them on a pad so I can take a look (sorry that sounds gross but I kinda just want to know what's coming out of me). This one went into the public toilet so I can't be 100% certain of details. :/ But it was quite large. I don't believe it could have been pregnancy-related.

Hey ladies, sorry but graphic/TMI question ahead. For those who have done more than one round of Clomid.

Any of you pass big chunks of endometrial tissue when you have a period after a clomid cycle? I've had chunks before, but this seemed so much huger. I usually catch them on a pad so I can take a look (sorry that sounds gross but I kinda just want to know what's coming out of me). This one went into the public toilet so I can't be 100% certain of details. :/ But it was quite large. I don't believe it could have been pregnancy-related.

Hi, eyemom, last month I mentioned I had plenty of clots but I can't really say about the size.

Do you have a lot of pain? If it was pregnancy - related would be very painful. Have you tested before your period?

Last time I tested was 11 dpo and after that I didn't bother b/c temps were heading downward. It wasn't any more painful than a normal period. I did test last night just in case b/c I figured on remote chance it was a m/c I might still pick up hcg. But it was bfn as I expected.

Clomid can make you really confused. Every month I wonder weather I have my period or it is early mc. I don't think you were pregnant. Are taking this month clomid too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->