Anyone else suffering from extreme bad Heartburn?

butterflywolf

Reaction score
So I use to have heartburn from time to time before pregnancy. Past four weeks roughly I have had bad heartburn and was taking tums every 4 hours roughly. I told doctor yesterday and now he has me taking Pepcid. I took it yesterday and today and it seems it lasts for about 8 hours and that's it. Can only take 2 Pepcid every 24 hours. The pattern is the first pill I take is around 12 or 1 am. And then another one around 9 ish at night which seemed to help me sleep last night and then I'm good for heartburn until I start eating again. Sometimes breakfast gives me heartburn other times I'm good until lunch. Doesn't matter what I eat either. Spicy, not spicy, salty, not salty, etc. Doesn't matter.

I've struggled with heart burn heaps during my pregnancy, never had it before though! What a nightmare!
I tried rennie chews, you can take 2 before or after meals and they helped a little but wore out so my doctor prescribed me gasec pills which I take every morning, that helped more and he said by third tri gavescon is okay if required

Hope that helps!!

I've had it badly since week 18 and it's horrid. I've started to have hot lemon, honey & ginger drinks and I think this is working! Also eating mainly veggies helps.

I feel your pain. I've been having heartburn since I got pregnant and its gradually got worse and is agony , especially at night. I've tried everything and tried seeing if there's a trigger food but everything has an equal chance of causing it to me. Rennies weren't great for me, neither was gaviscon but its worth trying them, both were recommended by my midwife. Prop yourself up at night . The only thing that does seem to ease it for me is Milk. Buy yourself blue lid milk and have a glass of it. At the worst If you drink enough it may make you burp and relieve some of the pain in your chest.

I have it and I am drinking gaviscon by the bottle!! It really helps - if I don't have it I will be throwing up pure acid every meal time

I've had heartburn for the last few weeks, gaviscon or a small glass of very cold milk seem to help. I get acid reflux too after everything I eat and the milk helps with that too. Hoping this goes as soon as baby is out!

An old wife's tale says if you suffer with heartburn your baby will be born with full head of hair...... I suffered really badly with it and Lo came out with the most amazing full head of hair

I have been on ranitidine 2 tabs per day since 20 weeks or so. Also drinking gaviscon from bottle and lots of milk.

I've got it really bad. Gaviscon and rennies both stopped working for me so my mw prescribed me another medicine. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. It's horrible :( x

Mine is awful some days- made me cry yesterday! Tums help, and sitting/sleeping on an incline but not much else :-(

I've had severe heartburn, to the point were I was vomiting. Dr.prescribed zantac 150mg twice a day, it didn't help much. The only thing that has worked for me is protonix and one pill last for 24 hours, also tums helps me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->