Anyone else unable to watch OBEM after a bad birth experience?

RedRose

New mum :)
Reaction score
I used to love watching One Born Every Minute when I was pregnant, but after a very hard and scary birth, I can't bring myself to watch it.

I want to watch it, but I think it will upset me. It's a really strange feeling, I can't explain it. I think if I saw a really 'good' unproblematic birth I would feel ... jealous maybe? And if I saw a scary birth, I would feel really sad as I remembered my own experience.

Anyone feel like this?

Totally! I want to watch it but I don't want to see people popping out babies in 5 minutes and going on about what a wonderful experience it was... I feel like I was robbed of my nice birth and am totally jealous of people who had one..

Equally if I saw something similar to my birth or hard I would cry!

I was 27 hours in labour which ended in extremely painful delivery, with forceps and lots of stitches... I didn't deal with it well!

X x x

Me! I had a horrible 40hr induction followed by a section that I felt so I had a general and barely remember Evan for 12 hrs......it just makes me sad for what I never got....first cry, first nappy and first outfit :-(

Me to I wanted a nice water birth but ended up with 26 hr back to back labour needing an epidural and eventually a c section. I'm trying to watch it but I get so jealous of the moms who manage to deliver with a normal labour.

I had a fairly normal, quick, easy (as labours go...) delivery. But I'm jealous that their babies are born conscious and breathing, as Mojo wasn't. At the time it wasn't scary because I was bleeding heavily and was barely conscious either, but looking back it's terribly scary. Luckily he responded to resus or everything would be so different and utterly dreadful.

i watch it, but it does make me feel very sad and jelous.
x

I used to love watching One Born Every Minute when I was pregnant, but after a very hard and scary birth, I can't bring myself to watch it.

I want to watch it, but I think it will upset me. It's a really strange feeling, I can't explain it. I think if I saw a really 'good' unproblematic birth I would feel ... jealous maybe? And if I saw a scary birth, I would feel really sad as I remembered my own experience.

Anyone feel like this?

exactly this:cry:

I spent the first few weeks pp replaying the birth and 8 days in hospital over and over but now i can't even think about it.
:cry:

i had a easy 5 hour birth no pain reflif i didnt want any lol and i cant watch it i used to love baby programmes but not any more it reminds me if sme screaming and pushing

i feel sad now im moaning about my birth and some people had it hard.

My birth was so bad I'm having a c-section next time, I refuse to watch any of those programs, no thanks!!

me! I feel ill when the advert for it comes on, my labour was quick but for me it was worst experience of my life, I was treated shit by the staff and lo was taken away for a good couple of hours after he was born and then spent the night in SCBU, it was just too traumatic for me so I can't bring myself to look at anyone giving birth, I'm not jealous though, I think its good at least some people got to have a good birth experience, better any then none :flower:

It's definitely good that some people get a good birth. I don't wish horrid births for everyone, just wish I'd had a nice one too!

X x x

It's definitely good that some people get a good birth. I don't wish horrid births for everyone, just wish I'd had a nice one too!

X x x

:hugs: on the bright-side its very unlikely to go terribly twice, and once you go through a horrible birth I think it prepares you a lot more for the next so you know everything that could go wrong :flower:

i.e with me I spent half of my labour alone at home in a cold bath shivering, unable to move and scared that I was going to drown :dohh:

Defo easier 2nd time - it has to be!! I already had a dream about my second, I sneezed and he shot out :rofl:

I love your avatar pic - gorgeous!

X x x

I watch it...until the one that shows the NICU/SCBU...bit too close to home for me, so I always avoid that one!!

?I try not to watch it because it makes me sad I never went through labour. It isn't something that upsets me until I watch women having natural births :(

I just realised this tonight and am having a few tears :(

?I try not to watch it because it makes me sad I never went through labour. It isn't something that upsets me until I watch women having natural births :(

I just realised this tonight and am having a few tears :(

:hugs::hugs:

I can't watch it either. I only had a 9 hour labour [3 weeks early] but he was back to back and had no pain relief because they wouldn't believe i was in labour until half hour before he was born. It ended up being quite traumatic with lots of stitches :(

?I try not to watch it because it makes me sad I never went through labour. It isn't something that upsets me until I watch women having natural births

I just realised this tonight and am having a few tears

:hugs:

Tonights gave me a few flashbacks...especially when the heartrate kept dipping and she suddenly had to have an assisted delivery:cry: It was exactly the same for me..

They still haven't shown one where the epidural didn't work though...I must obviously be very weird for that to happen! I'm very scared of going through that pain again, but have been assured that I'd be very unlucky for it to go that badly twice..

I watch it but it does make me jealous when I see ladies with fairly normal text book labours. Joel was born after a 72 hour induction. I laboured for 3 days on a TENS machine and thought I was doing really well, but then Joels heart rate dropped and mine went crazy. Resulting in a ECG and about 12 Drs around my bed! Not to mention the failed epidural and back to back labour, the awful care before being in established labour and Joel being taken to SCBU for suspected meconium aspiration. Then I lost a stupid amount of blood and my placenta didn't want to come out so all in all a lovely time!

Keep telling myself the next one will be loads better and I didn't think Joels birth was that bad, it's only when I write it all down does it appear not very text book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->