Anyone else using a clearblue fertility monitor?

I'll try again this month days 13-23 or so.

Im now on day 25 usually cycle around 28 days and the monitor is still reading high. I dont understand why? It is the first time ive used the monitor and not seen a peak yet. Starting to worry now.
I previously used clearblue digitals and always got a smiley around day 14.....

Galaxygirl,
Are you taking any hormone meds by any chance? Or is this perhaps a second hand monitor that you may not have fully reset? Also, I presume you have no PCOS (it can cause lots of highs throughout the month)? Another possibility is that you are, in fact..pregnant..! :)

can you still ovulate even if its says no peak????? xxx i'm on cd19 :(

I believe the first time you use the monitor you could still ovulate but the monitor may not pick it up because it's getting to know you. I'm scrapping this month as it's first time using the monitor I'm still testing when it asks and having intercourse but not expecting anything to come of it.

yeah we've been doing the same and i have that attitude too lol:blush: i live in hope, i was using the cbok last month and i peaked at cd13, that was more bloody acurate.... its costing a fortune all of this..... do you think we may have ovulated and it hasn't picked it up? :dohh:
sarah xxxxxxxx

I know what you mean about the cost its crazy, in the leaflet that comes with the monitor it says you will only use 10 sticks well good job i bought a pack of 20 because I have used alot more than 10 lol.
Anyway yeah i do think we probably still would have ovulated but when is another question lol. Im on day 24 and it STILL says high and my cycle is generally around 28 days .. I have no idea what this means and what the monitor is doing but hay ho there's always next month *sigh*
Also I dont know about you but I had low when the first few days of using it and then high the rest of the time from about day 8 was that the same with you?

i ive only got 5 sticks left :growlmad: xxx

so do you use opks too? to doublr check? i'm like you.... cd20, no peak, period due cd28 :( xxxx:hugs:

Hi Sarah,

Yes, in Feb i used quite a few OPKs in the afternoons, to double-check as I was not sure if the monitor would pick up ovulation.. I will do the same today in the afternoon as it is CD13, and tomorrow CD14 if I do not ovulate today. Haven't used OPKs yet this month as I am more trusting of the monitor now.. :) I actually felt my ovulation (it was quite painful actually, I could hardly walk lol!) late in the evening on CD13.. Had an ultra sound scan a couple of days ago to double-check for any ovarian or uterine abnormalities (cysts, fibroids etc) and no indications of any such abnormalities so am sure that the pain last month must simply have been due to the egg being released and travelling down the fallopian tubes..
I am sorry you have not seen a peak yet! Do you chart and track your basal temperature? I notice a large dip in my basal temperature on the day I ovulate, and then a significant peak on the day after ovulation (to 37 C last month), which is sustained throughout the luteal phase.
I am not TTC this month, just charting and tracking my ovulation (fiancee is simply physically not here for this ovulation period, but is arriving in a few days so it will be a go from the following cycle).

Elise

no i dont chart, i've just ordered somr cheap opks for next month, do you think its poss i have ovulated and the cbfm did not pick it up? :dohh: thanks hun xxxx

This is my forth month using the monitor. I have a 28 day cycle. Mine usually asks me to start testing about day 7. I get high from about 10 to 14 then two eggs days(15,16) then high for two days then low for the the rest of the month with'm' showing a day before AF due. Great little monitor, but not preggo yet:-/

Ohhh well I hope next month I get the same sort of results. Did you get a peak when you first started using it?
I haven't gone back down to low yet just highs from about day 9 now on day 24 so annoying lol.

Sending you lots of baby dust
yeah i'm on cd21 and still highs no lows yet, surely i must have ovulated??? i'm due in 6 days and running out of sticks :growlmad:
:hugs:

Im now on day 25 usually cycle around 28 days and the monitor is still reading high. I dont understand why? It is the first time ive used the monitor and not seen a peak yet. Starting to worry now.
:flower:
yeah i was exactly the same as you, but still going lol i know i have either not ovulated or the silly thin didn't pick it up, i'm just hoping for the latter :happydance: i'll soon see on cd28, i;m usually like clockwork :) xxxxx :shrug:
:thumbup: xxxxxxx

I'll try again this month days 13-23 or so.

yeah i think thats what i'll try hun, it costs too much in stick my bf thinks i'm a nutter using all these sticks and waiting till the monitor to say what fertile state i am at lol xxx:winkwink:
:thumbup:
xxxxxxx

Galaxygirl,
Are you taking any hormone meds by any chance? Or is this perhaps a second hand monitor that you may not have fully reset? Also, I presume you have no PCOS (it can cause lots of highs throughout the month)? Another possibility is that you are, in fact..pregnant..! :)

i'm not but hope lots of highs mean pregnant lol :winkwink: xxxxxxx

I thought using the monitor would be sooo easy :( cd 18 no peak but positives on opks! I'm still high too. Seems like a lot of you ladies are having the same problem! I thought if opk confirmed o then cbfm would go low next couple of days ........ Confused!

I thought using the monitor would be sooo easy :( cd 18 no peak but positives on opks! I'm still high too. Seems like a lot of you ladies are having the same problem! I thought if opk confirmed o then cbfm would go low next couple of days ........ Confused!

yeah i thought exactly the same as you, i am more confused by it than being grateful for buying it. i've now decided to do both next cycle to compare, but people are saying your first month its trying to grasp your cycle??? i'm on cd21 benn high since cd9, the cbopk smiley faced me last month at cd13 :wacko: its either i didnt ovulate or i did it just didnt pick up on it, yep i'm very confused too.... my cycle is due on cd28.... so i'm still high, doubt i'll peak but thought it would have gone low??? :wacko: we'll see over the next few days......
confused.com :haha:
:hugs::dust:

Ohhh Sarah maybe we can be confused together!! I'm even more confused I took another opk this morning and got a positive! Gonna do another later!

I think maybe u did ov but it didn't pick it up. Do u get ov pains?

Ohhh Sarah maybe we can be confused together!! I'm even more confused I took another opk this morning and got a positive! Gonna do another later!

I think maybe u did ov but it didn't pick it up. Do u get ov pains?

yeah deffo we can be confused.com buddies lol, yeah i thinks thats the way to go hun, try both, i think maybe the cbm is just getting to know me lol x no, i dont seem to have any cramps or maybe i do, just not noticed lol, :thumbup: thats great that you found your peak, do you test in the morning with your cbfm? i do, my line has been dark blue all the way since cd9 so god knows whats going on, :dohh: i think i'll just hope i did ov and it missed it as we have been active every other day! he thinks i am crazy lol :haha:
did your monitor pick up the lh or just the opk???
love sarah :hugs:

I've reset my CBFM (as it was 3 years ago that I used it last) and have set it to CD3 (what im at atm) I have my sticks at the ready and cant wait to start with it.
x

I've reset my CBFM (as it was 3 years ago that I used it last) and have set it to CD3 (what im at atm) I have my sticks at the ready and cant wait to start with it.
x

how do you reset it? i was thinking about doing that for my next cycle, because i have not peaked, or do you think thats a bad idea? i starting my cycle (ist time using it) on cd5 as thats what i was on, do you think i should have waited till the next month and have started it on cd1? maybe i would have peaked as i'm on cd21, just high and period is due cd28?????

If I were you Sarah, I'd keep on as you are. I've read loads of places it's unlikely you'll get a high in the first month. I think you're covered if you've been bd'ing every other day :) maybe if you get to next cycle ;) try the opks too. I bought first responce ones. Jeez this month has cost me a fortune!! :)

Hello Janey! :waves:

If I were you Sarah, I'd keep on as you are. I've read loads of places it's unlikely you'll get a high in the first month. I think you're covered if you've been bd'ing every other day :) maybe if you get to next cycle ;) try the opks too. I bought first responce ones. Jeez this month has cost me a fortune!! :)

Hello Janey! :waves:

oohhh you're always here to help my confusion, lol i'm soooooo rubbish, my second pack of test sticks have just come..... costabloodyfortune.com lol :winkwink:
:thumbup:

Galaxygirl,

Well now you have said that I have indeed bought the monitor second hand and was rather silly and didnt reset it just persumed it had already been done :dohh:
Oh well thats me out this month, defo looking forward to resetting and trying again next month .. Wish me luck lol

Galaxygirl do not worry about it i have done the exact same thing last cycle. Did the whole month without resetting it doh! The manual shows how to re set it on the back page. Good luck!

Galaxygirl,

Well now you have said that I have indeed bought the monitor second hand and was rather silly and didnt reset it just persumed it had already been done :dohh:
Oh well thats me out this month, defo looking forward to resetting and trying again next month .. Wish me luck lol

:dust::dust: you could still be ok, you've been active ;) xx

Galaxygirl do not worry about it i have done the exact same thing last cycle. Did the whole month without resetting it doh! The manual shows how to re set it on the back page. Good luck!

:blush: I will be resetting it first thing. Funnily enough I was looking though the manual this morning and saw that on the back page and thought hmmmm

Oh well feeling good for next month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->