anyone else using the cbfm for the first time??

katy1984

proud mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
hi everyone, we lost our little angel in october,we went for our dating scan thinking i was 12+ to find the baby had passed at 8+2,we started ttc straight away but had no luck the first 2 cycles so i decided to buy the cbfm and ive just started to use it, im on cd6 anyone else using it for the first time? xx

Hi Katy! I used it for the first time last month! I am not TTC yet though as am using at the mo to confirm length of my luteal phase. However, it does look good! Hope it proves a success for you very soon xx

Hi Hun.
Im not using it at the moment, but I have spoken to people who are using it, and they all have good things to say about it.
If I dont have a BFP this cycle, I think I will buy one off ebay and use it next cycle.
Good luck, and FXd for you
:dust:

Hi hun i'm not using it for the 1st time but i did conceive on the 2nd month of using it!!! I 0- nly have good things to say about it - its fab fab fab! I've just started using it again after m/c last week but i'm not expecting it to work properly this month as my hormones might be a bit messed up. Good luck xx

I'm really tempted to buy one......

£57 from amazon! Damn, that's expensive, where have you all bought yours from? x

hi i would get one i highly recomend them , i got my bfp on 3rd cycle of using it , and that was the first one using it correctly , :flower:

Hi Katy,

I had a mc in September and am using the cbfm this month for the first time. This last month, I had a 55 day cycle, so I went to the dr. to get everything checked out and she recommended using this since I have very irregular cycles. I am on cd 15. I have had a weird thing happen, where I have had high fertility from day 7 on, everyday! Needless to say, the hubs and I are tired :) Anyway, on another thread, I was talking to someone who said you can still conceive even if you don't get any peak days. We have been bd-ing every other day and I am hoping that does the trick. Good luck to you :)

Didn't want to read & run but wanted to let you know that I conceived my son using a CBFM on the 3rd cycle using it after 8 months trying without. I can't recommend it enough and will be using it again next cycle..

It does take a cycle or two to 'bed in' with your cycles if you aren't lucky & fall preggers straight away. I remember the first cycle I was POASing ALL the time and it didn't seem to have a clue what was happening (got loads of highs), but the following cycle it honed in more around my OV date (using the data it had learnt on my previous cycle) and I got less highs before my peak and on my magic cycle :cloud9: it jumped straight from low to peak and the rest as they say is history.

£57 is a great price... the normally retail nearer the £90 mark.
Test sticks can be expensive though so look out for 3 for 2 deals at Boots or order them online from online pharmacy websites.

Good luck xx

wow thanks for the replies eveyone

i baught mine from a lady off ebay for £30 the sticks are really expensive tho,i found some on amazon for £14.98 with free delivery, im on cd8 now and just getting lows (which is very normal) i just feel like im wasting the sticks tho because i used the opk's last month and ovulated on cd 22 (if the test was correct) well best of luck to everyone,please keep me posted xxxx

wow, £30. Thats a good price.
If I dont conceive this cycle, im gonna buy one for next cycle.
Hope you get your BFP this cycle, Hun. :dust:
Let us know how you get on
xx

wow thanks for the replies eveyone

i baught mine from a lady off ebay for £30 the sticks are really expensive tho,i found some on amazon for £14.98 with free delivery, im on cd8 now and just getting lows (which is very normal) i just feel like im wasting the sticks tho because i used the opk's last month and ovulated on cd 22 (if the test was correct) well best of luck to everyone,please keep me posted xxxx

Yes, you do use a lot more sticks the first couple of cycles, but once it learns your cycle it'll ask for less sticks

think ill always be using 20 sticks a month as my cycle is between 34 and 36 days.
what cd day is eveyone on, im cd9 today feels like a lifetime away before i ovulate and then its the dreaded ttw AGAIN!

:dust: to eveyone,hopefully we'll all get our :bfp: very soon xxx

think ill always be using 20 sticks a month as my cycle is between 34 and 36 days.
what cd day is eveyone on, im cd9 today feels like a lifetime away before i ovulate and then its the dreaded ttw AGAIN!

:dust: to eveyone,hopefully we'll all get our :bfp: very soon xxx

Cycle day 19 for me! But my last cycle was 55 days...hoping that doesn't happen again. Cbfm gave me another high reading today, making it 12 days in a row of all high readings!

my cylces since the mmc seem to have messed up too,it was 28 days after mmc then 36 days the last one, also ive noticed my breast's dont get sore just before my period (they've always got sore a few days before since i was a teenager) they dont hurt at all now which is very strange,hope your next cycle comes sooner and gets back to normal xx

Mine arrived today! Going to start using it next cycle! :happydance:

Mine arrived today! Going to start using it next cycle! :happydance:

thats great news hun, did you get the one off amazon,im loving mine, there so easy to use,best of luck x

Hi everyone! I'm starting to use mine on my next cycle (not feeling very positive about a BFP this month after Christmas binges!) - I recommend ebay - £39. Good luck all x

Hi

I have used the cbfm for the first time this cycle and am now in the dreaded 2ww!

As I didn't want to rely entirely on it, I worked out when I expected to o'v and checked cm too. I tend to have 33/35 day cycles and think I o'v around day 20/21. CBFM asked for first test stick on CD5 and then everyday after that - have used the last of the 20 stickes today and hope it won't ask for more - it shouldn't!
It showed LOW for the first 13 tests (up to CD18) and I was starting to worry that I wouldn't ovulate. Then it went to high on CD19 and then peak on CD20 and 21 - just as I had thought it might! I know that the change in hormones doesn't guarantee that an egg is actually released but it's a step in the right direction!
We b'd for 5 days straight, including the high and the 2 peaks (as well as 2 low days before that) - fingers crossed!

The tests sticks are a bit expensive but in the scheme of things it's nothing compared to the cost of raising a baby! I'll happily pay £15 per cycle if it helps me get a BFP!!!!

Good luck to all of you using it! Plenty of reviews on amazon from people who are amazed that they got a BFP after just one cycle with it!

Hi

I have used the cbfm for the first time this cycle and am now in the dreaded 2ww!

As I didn't want to rely entirely on it, I worked out when I expected to o'v and checked cm too. I tend to have 33/35 day cycles and think I o'v around day 20/21. CBFM asked for first test stick on CD5 and then everyday after that - have used the last of the 20 stickes today and hope it won't ask for more - it shouldn't!
It showed LOW for the first 13 tests (up to CD18) and I was starting to worry that I wouldn't ovulate. Then it went to high on CD19 and then peak on CD20 and 21 - just as I had thought it might! I know that the change in hormones doesn't guarantee that an egg is actually released but it's a step in the right direction!
We b'd for 5 days straight, including the high and the 2 peaks (as well as 2 low days before that) - fingers crossed!

The tests sticks are a bit expensive but in the scheme of things it's nothing compared to the cost of raising a baby! I'll happily pay £15 per cycle if it helps me get a BFP!!!!

Good luck to all of you using it! Plenty of reviews on amazon from people who are amazed that they got a BFP after just one cycle with it!

the ttw is a killer, best of luck to you hun.
your right about the cost,it's nothing really especially when you have a 6 year old asking for everything he see's on tv lol, hopefully we'll be able to give him a sibling,it's heartbreaking knowing we were so close but it will happen again im sure xx

Hi everyone! I'm starting to use mine on my next cycle (not feeling very positive about a BFP this month after Christmas binges!) - I recommend ebay - £39. Good luck all x

hi there, anything can happen,dont be so down on yourself, when's af due? if dont mind me asking xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->