Anyone else waiting for cycles to return?

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
BF my one year old a million times a night so I haven't had a period yet.

I suspect my body is protecting me big time because not sleeping and BF and growing a baby would be a disaster lol.

We want a close age gap, but I'm not really willing to change our nursing habits. Nature will do its thing and hopefully this baby will sttn one day lol. We will stop using condoms mid January and see where that gets us.

sounds like your body is protecting you indeed, haha! I'm waiting for my cycles to become normal after coming off the pill :) the waiting is killing me though... so impatient :| My hubby said we could just stop using condoms and start trying before things normalise, but I'm worried because I read online that it can increase the risk of a miscarriage if you don't wait for your hormones to settle after the pill? :S

I am waiting too. It was 16 months before it returned last time. And I am tandem feeding this time around so I suspect it may be staying away for even longer!

Fluffycookie I just wanted to add my experience. I do think it is a bit risky to get pregnant while your hormones are out of whack because I recently miscarried a baby that I conceived while ON the pill. I was on the mini pill though, not the combined pill. Anyways I too am waiting on my cycles to normalize again. This is my first cycle post miscarriage and so far I've had stark white negative opks almost my entire cycle. I'm thinking this cycle is going to be anovulatory. It takes some time for your hormones to get back to normal any time your hormones change drastically, like being on the pill for a while. Hopefully they'll get back to normal soon for all of us!

Fluffycookie I just wanted to add my experience. I do think it is a bit risky to get pregnant while your hormones are out of whack because I recently miscarried a baby that I conceived while ON the pill. I was on the mini pill though, not the combined pill. Anyways I too am waiting on my cycles to normalize again. This is my first cycle post miscarriage and so far I've had stark white negative opks almost my entire cycle. I'm thinking this cycle is going to be anovulatory. It takes some time for your hormones to get back to normal any time your hormones change drastically, like being on the pill for a while. Hopefully they'll get back to normal soon for all of us!

I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs: I want to wait for my hormones to stabilise, I'm just worried it might take a really long time. You are so right though, better wait a few months longer and not risk anything! I wish you all the best for your (hopefully soon :) ) next pregnancy!

BF my one year old a million times a night so I haven't had a period yet.

I suspect my body is protecting me big time because not sleeping and BF and growing a baby would be a disaster lol.

We want a close age gap, but I'm not really willing to change our nursing habits. Nature will do its thing and hopefully this baby will sttn one day lol. We will stop using condoms mid January and see where that gets us.

I'm in the same boat! We have been talking about trying for #2 for 6 months now, but no sign of period yet. My 1 year old also feeds a million times a night!!

Yeah same boat. we are doing night weaning with my nearly 10 month old but still no sign of anything really. My body is super sensitive to hormones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->