Anyone else waiting for their first period after coming off the pill?

I'm a fountain of useless knowledge ha ha.
I researched quite a lot when I was waiting for my af after the pill.
I'm never going to have it again!
I think the reason they say that is so you're regular by the time you start using it.
Xx

Evening ladies! Still nothing my end. However I've still got cramp pains and now quite tender/sore nipples! Anyone else got this? I've also got quite a thick discharge (not yeast infection) and not clearly like egg white like the type you get when you ovulate but a thickish lumpy/stringy consistency.

Any thoughts would be great.

Evening ladies! Still nothing my end. However I've still got cramp pains and now quite tender/sore nipples! Anyone else got this? I've also got quite a thick discharge (not yeast infection) and not clearly like egg white like the type you get when you ovulate but a thickish lumpy/stringy consistency.

Any thoughts would be great.

Hi! I read it is common to have a lot of sticky, thick mucus right before AF.

I think AF might be coming soon for you :)

Well today I have bleeding, which I suspect is the withdrawal bleeding from stopping the pill a week ago (I would always start the bleed right around the time for the new pack -- I guess I am slow,lol!)

So now it is on to waiting to see how long this cycle is ... hope it is normal, but I had irregular periods before the pill as a teenager so I will just need to wait and see. :)

Well mine started irregular off the pill and after ds but they slowly regained some form of regularity, they'd be 34-36 days then settled to 24-26 days and then eventually decided they like to do 28-30 and I'll just be waiting to see what they are like after this mmc.
Xx

Hi everyone,

I'm on CD 3 after coming off the pill and this has to be the worst period ever! I've had such bad cramps along with a heavy flow.

Even the ibuprofen doesn't work. Never mind, fingers crossed only two more periods to come if all goes to plan!! :)

Still no period but now constant mild stomach ache, sore breasts and very tired. Anyone else got these symptoms? They seem very like pregnancy symptoms to me but don't see how that'd be possible yet.

I took my last microgynon mid-Feb and had my usual withdrawal bleed. First real AF due this weekend..hope I settle into cycle quickly!

Hi girls, just thought I would share my experience with you all after coming off the pill on 22nd January. I had my withdrawal bleed as usual 2 days later. The following week I noticed I had a headache quite a bit (finding this the same this month) this lasted maybe a week? Then on cd 17 I noticed some very thick "snotty" CM. I could literally squish it and stretch it and it was hard to snap (gross I know) it was also quite tinged with pink/red. I thought this was EWCM. After 3 days it went, then a few days later I had EWCM as it is described in the books. It was more stretchy and stringy and clearer than the first lot. This lasted from CD 22-25. After this my CM changed to creamy for the most part and a bit thrushy looking. I got really tender nipples after this, which lasted up until a day or so before my AF, which arrived on CD 37. My period itself was less painful than usual but more heavy, but by god, my moods on the day before my AF came and the next day. They were awful!

I would just like to note, I'm not planning on TTC anytime soon. I just needed a break from the pill for a bit coz I was getting really crampy all month.

Sorry for the tmi :haha:

Hi Ladies! Stomach ache has worsened and I may have spotted just the tiniest bit of blood earlier fingers crossed AF will be here by morning!!!

Broody85, thanks for sharing! I have had headaches yesterday and today (days I would normally be back on the pill) and it is unusual for me . . . . maybe some hormone withdrawel thing?

@Vikster1 fx'd for you :)

My bleed is quite light, which surprises me . . . Medium yesterday and light tody. I will be surprised if it goes more than 3 or 4 days. I guess we will see next time when I have a *real* AF.

Has anyone here tried Agnus Castus to encourage regulation off the pill?

Looks like AF was a false alarm. For all you ladies that have had your period after stopping BCP what was your first period like? And when it started was it so so so light like not really blood but just bloody discolouration of discharge??

Mine was, the first day I was SURE she would come but it was just bloody discharge then I got it properly the next morning.

Hi Ladies, Sorry if i'm totally obsessing over this and feel free to tell me to get a grip but just thinking back: After I stopped the pill (2nd Feb) before i had the withdrawal bleed we had unprotected sex. Then after that I didn't take any more pills but we started using condoms. Is it possible that I could have become pregnant during the time after taking the last pill and the start of the withdrawal bleed? Just thinking of every option.

Hey ladies, hope I'm not jumping in, I just happened to see this thread and thought maybe I could help a little. I'm in my second cycle off the pill now. My first cycle (after my withdrawal bleed) was 39 days and I didn't ovulate. I know because I was temping and doing OPKs. My AF was super light, barely more than spotting, and only 1 1/2 or 2 days long. I just happened to have a Dr's appointment during that time and she said that's really normal for a first AF off the pill. Don't know if that helps but I hope so!

Hey ladies, hope I'm not jumping in, I just happened to see this thread and thought maybe I could help a little. I'm in my second cycle off the pill now. My first cycle (after my withdrawal bleed) was 39 days and I didn't ovulate. I know because I was temping and doing OPKs. My AF was super light, barely more than spotting, and only 1 1/2 or 2 days long. I just happened to have a Dr's appointment during that time and she said that's really normal for a first AF off the pill. Don't know if that helps but I hope so!

Thanks :) I hope everything turns out ok with mine :-( really stressing out.

Hello :) Still not had a real period but starting to think the very minute bleed I had last week might have been my period for this cycle. It was barely there and I only noticed because I practically searched for it!! However, I think I may be ovulating as had localised pain in my lower right abdomen and now stretchy clear egg white mucus. Does anyone think I may have ovulated??? I suppose I'll know whether if in about 10-14 days I get a real period.

I'm so stressed out about it now- can't stop worrying :-(

why dont you take a test to rule out pregnancy then start temping and try and see whats going on?
fingers crossed you get sorted :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->