Anyone else waiting for their first period after coming off the pill?

why dont you take a test to rule out pregnancy then start temping and try and see whats going on?
fingers crossed you get sorted :flower:

I took one on Thursday night. Big FAT negative.

well at least you know, have you thought about temping though? and even taking IC opks as they are so cheap and might give you some clue!

why dont you take a test to rule out pregnancy then start temping and try and see whats going on?
fingers crossed you get sorted :flower:

I took one on Thursday night. Big FAT negative.

:hugs: At least you know either way now. I think temping could be a great idea . . and at least it gives you something constructive to do instead of just worrying/stressing :)

I doing OK, just biding my time waiting for my first 'cycle'. Assuming day 1 of my withdrawel bleed was CD1, I am just finishing up CD7 now. I have no idea what to expect, so I am just trying to be patient . . . but it is hard :blush: Add to this that DH and I are struggling with using condoms since I came off the pill (I just seem to be super sensitive down there for whatever reason), which is adding a bit of extra stress, but we are working hard to get through it and I think we will.

My Clearblue Fertility Monitor arrived so I will start using it with my next cycle (whenever that happens to come).

I have also been taking Vitex since CD1. I have no idea if it will make a difference, but my doctor said it wouldn't hurt anything.

Hi there,

I know I'm jumping in kind of late but I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. After our wedding in late December I went off the pill. My first period came back after exactly 28 days and my 2nd cycle was only 21 days. We decided to start trying the next cycle. We got our BFP on the first try, but it ended up in a chemical - didn't even make it to the 4 week mark. Regardless, that had nothing to do with the pill.

Just wanted to let you know that for some people cycles get almost back to regular right away, for some others it takes longer.

Goodluck! And very smart move getting off BC for a few cycles before trying.

I am on to cycle 3 post coming off birth control. Last cycle I used OPKs so I discovered my luteal phase was 11-12 days (wasn't charting so can't confirm O date). Anyone know if this is too short? I know B6 can lengthen it, but I am wondering if I need to go that route or not.

Yay, I've come off the pill now! Not really trying this cycle, just waiting for O and AF to come now...

Just thought I'd share my experience. I came off the pill on 12th September, after 7 years of being on it. My first cycle was 28 days, and I've had a period every month since then although cycle lengths have varied between 23-28 days. So I don't think it matters how long you have been on it, just depends what your cycles were like before x

Vickster..maybe you ovulated on the 16th? Sometimes there is some pain and spotting with ovulation...sounds promising.

Please keep updating. Still wtt but would like to know people's experiences.gl to u all

I am on CD15 off the pill . . . so far I haven't noticed much, but last night I started getting some shooting pains through my abdomen and today I am having actually quite a lot of pain in my lower left abdomen (it feels like it is coming from right inside the hipbone, but sort of radiates outward). I am hoping it is ovulation pain . . . and also that it goes away after today as it is actually quite painful :cry:. I have been trying to track the cervical mucus, but I don't seem to produce much no matter where I am in the cycle (and I have really short fingers and can't reach my cervix either) :wacko:.

Update: pain went away on left side after about 14 hours. About 6 hours later, identical pain has started on the right side. I am a bit confused as I know it is 'normal' to OV on one side only . . . but I guess my body could be making up for 10 years of lost ovulation? Who knows . . . it could be something totally unrelated, but I have a lot of stomach problems (IBS) and I know this does not feel like cramps or IBS. I guess AF could come 2 weeks early, but also seems unlikely . . . plus AF cramps for me are in the center of lower abdomen. Anyway, my fingers are crossed . . . nothing to do but wait and see
:)

Hey any updates from anyone?

I took 4 pills into my pack before DH said he would be OK if I stopped, so I could get a real AF before we start trying. Anyways, I got some CM from taking the pills and then light bleeding and spotting from stopping them. I haven't really noticed any other symptoms...mood wise. I think my skin is already getting greasier though. Today I was pretty shiny, and noticed new pimples :(
My chart is probably super confusing, but I counted CD1 as first day of my withdrawalbleed iI had after finishing a whole pack of pills on March 12th. Really I stopped the pill 7 days ago though..

This probably sounds crazy but I remember my body off the pill used to be in sync with the moon phases so I'm curious if I'll get my AF next full moon...and O on the new moon...

Hey ladies! Any updates!?

Not much here. Just waiting -- I had what I think were pretty obvious/clear ovulation pains on CD 14/15 and noticed some changes in CM (I don't produce much CM ever, but I did notice *something*). I am now on CD23 and hoping I will have a 28-30 day cycle . . . but who knows.

My only real complaint is the headaches. My first week off of the pills (when I would normally have been back on the pills, after my off-week) I had headaches every single day. Now they are 1x or 2x per week, but when I get them they are *really* bad.

No real update for me. I am cycle day 11 today and I started doing OPKs again to track ovulation. My last period was actually fairly light, and for that I am very thankful. Only lasted 4 days and much less heavy then my last 2.

It looks like i'm finally getting my AF! Don't want to jinx it but there's a definite 'flow' starting that god for that! Hopefully my body has just jumpstarted everything into action. Will update when I know more.

That's good! You must have ovulated when u wrote that post about. Cramping and stuff :)

Im confused.. Lol so much to learn about your body signs but hard to know until you have hindsight...I noticed my CM seemed different and got a darker OPK that then went back to light. So I think I ovulated CD 19. Now today I have WAY more CM. I guess its kinda creamy...so is that normal for after O? Are u checking CM?

Im confused.. Lol so much to learn about your body signs but hard to know until you have hindsight...I noticed my CM seemed different and got a darker OPK that then went back to light. So I think I ovulated CD 19. Now today I have WAY more CM. I guess its kinda creamy...so is that normal for after O? Are u checking CM?

Yes i've been checking. definitely seems to coincide with different phased throughout my cycle. I'll let you know how I go throughout this month. There's so much to learn. i feel so stressed out with it I just want to get down to trying to conceive now. When are you starting to try? DH and I are starting in July - not long now!

*sigh*, I am so confused. I swear I had *really* strong ovulation cramps on CD14/15. Now it is CD25 and I have quite a bit of what looks like EWCM with brown discharge???? I was expecting to get AF cramps and was hoping for AF on CD28. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->