Anyone else waiting?

Ugh! No baby today but in early stage of labor. Contractions all day at 15 minutes and intensifying in pain level but not getting closer together. I'm so tired! Couldn't sleep last night as evidently that was when.all.this began. Trying to rest but my lower back.feels like its on fire between contractions. Nauseous, increase in bm and peeing. Just want some rest before true active labor.

Sorry about the pain but good that things are starting for you :). Hopefully u'll get the rest you want.

Hey!

I had baby last night just before midnight. Basically he was back to back which is why labour wouldn't progress in the early stages and it was a ruddy painful experience even compared to my first who was back to back. Didn't get my home birth but think it worked out for the best and I managed on just gas and air and the pool anyway and stayed in the lovely low risk birth centre and came home 4hrs later without having to go to postnatal ward so all good :)

Congrats kitten!! Wonder if that could be what's going on with me.

So tired! So the last few days I've had an abundance of energy ( dancing around the house, washed ALL the laundry even the couch covers and all the blankets and throws and pillows in my home, scrubbed floors, cleaned rooms, etc.) yesterday had doc appointment but could not sleep the night before the appointment due to being "uncomfortable" doc took one look at me and said "we will have a baby in late December" then my contractions started in full swing and wee horrible throughout the day but I had so much running and errands to do that the stress and being in my feet made the pain seem so much more difficult. Finally got home and after a long shower, massage from dh, Tylenol and hours of tossing and turning through the pain I finally crashed and got 4 solid hours of sleep! Woke up this morning with the tightening's (what i call a more relaxed version of yesterdays contractions) still about every 15 minutes. But I am so tired! I know I need to rest before active labor hits but if I lay down and take it easy active labor could be right around the corner or it could hold off for a few more days. (doc mentioned I could be in this early stage for hours or days and it looks like days :( )
question to those of you who made it this far reading this: would you...
A. Rest and take it easy trying to enjoy the next few hours or days before active labor
or
B. Bounce away on the ball and continue with the daily routine and preparations for Christmas (I am hosting Christmas Eve for both sides of the family tomorrow, dh's family at noon and then my family comes over at 5pm.)

either way I could very well be in labor or hospital Christmas eve &/or Christmas day. :(

Emee this sounds like prodromal Labour! It's a bloody pain. I would do a bit of both. It's hard to flax fully when you're expecting something to happen so keep yourself busy do a bit on your ball and then had a rest. Eat and drink normally etc to keep energy levels up etc. My bbby is back to back and also my third. Midwife says can stall Labour as they are trying to get into position so it seems common. I hope things start for you properly soon!! When it does I bet all this stopping and starting will make the actual labour fast!

Kitten massive congrats!

Emee this sounds like prodromal Labour! It's a bloody pain. I would do a bit of both. It's hard to flax fully when you're expecting something to happen so keep yourself busy do a bit on your ball and then had a rest. Eat and drink normally etc to keep energy levels up etc. My bbby is back to back and also my third. Midwife says can stall Labour as they are trying to get into position so it seems common. I hope things start for you properly soon!! When it does I bet all this stopping and starting will make the actual labour fast!

Kitten massive congrats!

First, congrats Kitty!!!!

Second, id be bouncing a lot. Apparently being active really helps even though sleeping sounds smashing.

I dont sleep anymore. I passed out on the way out on the way home from my appointment today. No progress...at all. So tired but sleep just never comes.

Don't feel bad Proxy I had an appt today too and their was noo progress smdh lol. I get noo sleep at all either. My sleep schedule is thrown off lol.

Proxy and krissy are you both in America? I'm UK and they don't even check how we are progressing... We just have to guess lol!

I'm putting my hand up and shouting "I'm STILL WAITING!" lol.
I am almost a week over due and stressed and frustrated. Trying to learn not to let it get to me but after a pretty straight forward pregnancy I was hoping I'd go into labor on my own and not have to be induced.
Well I now have an induction date of 31st Dec (when they will start the process) and the 1st Jan when I will be given the drip. So bubs will likely be a new years day baby (or Jan 2nd) after we thought we'd be home in time for Christmas Day.
Can't even describe how tired I am these days but trying to remain active still by doing lots of squatting and house work etc in hope that I will avoid the induction altogether

Kitten just noticed your post, congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a pretty awesome birth even though it was back to back- I can't believe how quickly you are home! good work! :)

Proxy and krissy are you both in America? I'm UK and they don't even check how we are progressing... We just have to guess lol!

Yea I'm in America. Thats weird they dont check progession but i understand things are done different everywhere. I know that's nerve racking though lol

Yes, though im asked if I want to be checked each visit and of course I say yes.
I believe they were short staffed today though. She basically measured my belly, checked his heart rate and then stabbed at my cervix then left. Said im still at one cm, bellys right on measure and if I go over due date theyll do an ultrasound.

Woo, still cramping lightly aaannnnd a ive lost a bit of my plug today. Never thought thatd be exciting.

Wah proxy me too! Lost a lil bit of plug and contractions irregular but painful just a bit annoyed that of all days she's possibly going to come Xmas day and that's just sods law! A rubbish birthday and I'll miss my first two possibly opening prezzies and desert them Xmas day �� hopefully she'll wait till boxing day now as planned

Good luck and keep us all posted. With ds1 I lost the whole plug 2 days before i gave birth

Well I went out today and walked a bit with a friend, she also fed me, and little man was kicking away. My backs hurting and the top of my belly hurts and tight. So im hoping! No more plug since earlier though I weighed myself and ive lost two pounds since last week. Dont know how I accomplished that.

My friend said she lost her plug two days before labor as well. So heres to hoping ill lose more and something will be starting fairly soon.

Back is killing me as is walking...hoping this is a good sign

I'm still pregnant! Two days over as of tomorrow. Went to hospital to be checked today but they only monitored baby and movements. Heads engaged completely and no longer back to back so I've been bouncing on my ball and getting into right positions and having loads of braxtons but nothing worth writing home anoout! I'm soooo fed up right now!*

I'm still pregnant! Two days over as of tomorrow. Went to hospital to be checked today but they only monitored baby and movements. Heads engaged completely and no longer back to back so I've been bouncing on my ball and getting into right positions and having loads of braxtons but nothing worth writing home anoout! I'm soooo fed up right now!*

Babies getting there!
I finally got a yoga ball myself yesterday and it has helped soo much in keeping lo down.

Has the doctor said anything about inducing?

Ugh! I'm still here! What do you ladies call it? Prodromal labor? Early labor? Doc said it could last hours/days. Its been days!! This is #3!! Isn't she supposed to be earlier?!? I'm so tired of being Prego and people calling/texting "you had that baby yet?"
argh!! I'll be 39 weeks Monday, #1 came at 37, #2 came at 38 weeks, maybe #3 will be here Monday 39 weeks. But I'm so sore, tired, achy, and have so many bh/ full irregular contractions!! Lower back is so sore (near butt area! Never had pain that low!) baby is dropping lower and lower but not engaged. Revisiting idea of induction on Tuesday. :(
baby was estimated to be 6.5 lbs at 35 weeks its been nearly 4 weeks since that's 8.5-10.5 lbs now depending on how much she has gained each week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->