Anyone else waiting?

My baby arrived Tuesday evening 16th at 10:50pm. Went into hospital at just gone 6pm following sweep at midday (where they said I was 3-4cm)

Given my previous delivery I was restricted to labour ward and had fluids and hormone managed third stage to reduce blood loss. Baby heartbeatstayed high throughout so i was strapped to monitor throughout as it was often around the 180 mark. They broke my waters at about 9:3pm to see if that helped bring his heart rate down, which it did a little. He was going crazy in there, midwivest and drs said they've never know such an energetic baby in labour and on his way out he flipped around full 360 on his head!

Only lost 1 litre of blood this time. Had episiotomy and tore, think it's pretty messy tbh as lots of stitches but he's here safe and well weighing 8lb.

Hang in there everyone still waiting

Well done Ginger!! Congratulations! I hope you're not too sore and bruised. Stitches will soon heal, think of the itch in 2 weeks ;) Lots of lactulose and tea tree oil and you'll be fine. xxx

Hello all!!

Little man made a very speedy entrance yesterday at 3:18pm, 2 hr labour, nearly a home birth! Was an amazing experience and has completely healed me from my DDs awful one. Still buzzing!

How you all doing?

Ah! Yay!

Congrats on your little man!
:D

Im glad to hear it went so well!

Jealous of you ladies who have had your LOs!

Been having back pains roughly every 20mins since about 3pm that don't seem to be ramping up or doing anything. Assume it's more practice labour as no progression in intensity or frequency and no bloody show etc.

My baby arrived Tuesday evening 16th at 10:50pm. Went into hospital at just gone 6pm following sweep at midday (where they said I was 3-4cm)

Given my previous delivery I was restricted to labour ward and had fluids and hormone managed third stage to reduce blood loss. Baby heartbeatstayed high throughout so i was strapped to monitor throughout as it was often around the 180 mark. They broke my waters at about 9:3pm to see if that helped bring his heart rate down, which it did a little. He was going crazy in there, midwivest and drs said they've never know such an energetic baby in labour and on his way out he flipped around full 360 on his head!

Only lost 1 litre of blood this time. Had episiotomy and tore, think it's pretty messy tbh as lots of stitches but he's here safe and well weighing 8lb.

Hang in there everyone still waiting

Congrats, Ginger!
Im glad this went smoother than before for you. Giving birth is probably the most terrifing thing but so so worth it. Enjoy your little wiggly man! Ill be here...waiting.
:)

Jealous of you ladies who have had your LOs!

Been having back pains roughly every 20mins since about 3pm that don't seem to be ramping up or doing anything. Assume it's more practice labour as no progression in intensity or frequency and no bloody show etc.

I know right?

I had horrible nausea and upper bump pain all last night but other than heartburn and a wiggly bump nothing today.

I am just waiting...and rather impatiently. Haha. I am due on the 25 and really wanted the baby to be here by now. >.< Ahhhhh.

Its all I got to pay attention too these days, lol. She did suggest getting a yoga ball to help him drop further but I have no idea where to look for one. My friend might let me borrow hers if we can find a pump to inflate it. Honestly, its a huge relief to hear that hes in the correct position and that large wiggly lump is his butt and not his head.

Honestly, walking works just fine for getting the baby in the right position. It's also free and can be done anywhere.

Midwife this morning was very positive :) Said cervix has moved forward and she was able to get her finger right in and perform a sweep. She said she predicts I‘ll have baby by Christmas Day and to stay positive, otherwise she‘s coming back on Saturday to do me another sweep :thumbup:

Ooh, good news Kitten!

Little man still tries to stay high but hes starting to dip low and put pressure on my pelvis. So ive been crampy these past few days which ill take as a good sign, lol.

I cant believe how close everyone is!

Not slept tonight. Been having contractions since about midnight/1am. They were every 5-10mins while I was in bed and after 2 hours or so I was going insane so I had a shower and then came downstairs and got on the ball and they upped to every 5mins. I lasted a couple of hours then at 4am they were a bit too bloody much so I rang L&D and turns out there‘s nobody rota‘d on for the home birth team tonight :dohh: so I‘ve got 2 midwives from the ward on the way to me, should be here around 6am. Contractions still 4-5mins apart, necking rlt & sitting on ball. Just hope I‘ve made some notable progress now the pain has intensified cos if I‘m 2cm or something I‘m gonna cry :cry:

Not slept tonight. Been having contractions since about midnight/1am. They were every 5-10mins while I was in bed and after 2 hours or so I was going insane so I had a shower and then came downstairs and got on the ball and they upped to every 5mins. I lasted a couple of hours then at 4am they were a bit too bloody much so I rang L&D and turns out there‘s nobody rota‘d on for the home birth team tonight :dohh: so I‘ve got 2 midwives from the ward on the way to me, should be here around 6am. Contractions still 4-5mins apart, necking rlt & sitting on ball. Just hope I‘ve made some notable progress now the pain has intensified cos if I‘m 2cm or something I‘m gonna cry :cry:
Oh, wow!
It sounds very, very likely that youre in labor! I hope youve progressed greatly and will have your LO soon. Keep us updated, hon. All my fingers crossed for you.
:)

Sooo proxy the new thing I'm watching on Netflix now is Roseanne haha. I used to love this show growing up lol.

Sooo proxy the new thing I'm watching on Netflix now is Roseanne haha. I used to love this show growing up lol.

That was my go-to show when I couldnt sleep as a kid, lol. I did not, however, approve the ending. D<

I haven't seen it soo long soo I don't even remember what the ending is lol. I guess I'll find out at some point lol.

Midwives came at 6am and as I pedicted I was barely 2cm and cervix still thick, and I cried - a lot!! Baby is side on so head not doing its magic in hitting the cervix when I contract so the pain is basically for nothing. They told me to chill the fuck out, eat something and go to sleep, let go of trying to control everything basically and let it happen when my body is in a better position. She did a really rough sweep and then they hung around for an hour or so until their shift ended then went home and gave the home birth midwife a heads up. I‘ve had some breakfast, a sleep, and some lunch, lost tonnes of bloody mucus and I‘m back to having irregular but painful contractions. It‘s just a waiting game for the next 24hrs or so for things to kick off properly. :shrug:

Oh, Kitten! I'm sorry. Its got to be frustrating. Try your best to relax, it can't be too much longer. &#55357;&#56862;

Oh no. :/
I was really hoping it was the start for you but lo will be here soon enough. Waiting is a terrible thing.

I find baths help little man push down on my cervix for some reason, maybe thatll help you? Plus, its nice to lay down in a warm bath.

Can I join in? Due boxing day going stir crazy! This is number three and so I've had stopping and starting but more recently just Braxton hicks and los of pressure. She's back to back so il probably go over due! like I did with last baby who was also back to back. It's exciting but the waiting around analysing all the symptoms is a nightmare!

Kitty hope you get some good news soon! Rock on all fours to get that head down. Hopefully you've progressed since your last post!

Of course youre more than welcome to join in!

I think most people are just about fed up at this point as we sit around and wait, lol.

This will be my first so im sure ill go over my due date. I was a week late and SO was almost a month over due. His mom had to have a c section since he refused to budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->