Anyone else with a previous baby and MMC and struggling?

LPF

Reaction score
I am!

I have a 3 year old and expected any subsequent pregnancy to be the same - fine until 6 weeks, severe sickness for 2-3 weeks and then some sickness until 16 weeks.

When I got pregnant again, I was feeling sick before I even got a BFP (which was incredibly dark and thick compared to my first) and felt fairly sick for 12 weeks but never severe. Turns out it was a blighted ovum and a MMC :-(

So now I feel like I can't trust anything that happens.....

To me, the only way ill have a 'normal' pregnancy is for it to be like my first and if it isn't, it must mean its another BO or MMC.....

Trying not to be pessimistic and expect the worse, but its very hard!

I had the opposite with my MMC...it was exactly the same as my other pregnancies. The only reason it was discovered at 8 weeks not 12 is that I had some spotting, and in my happy pregnancies I also had spotting at 8 weeks. This pregnancy has been completely different, but this time I've had 2 sacs, one of which failing but the other has a happy baby in it.

I think the thing with pregnancy is they can all be different and the thing with MMC is they can be very like a viable pregnancy or very different.

I guess my post isn't that comforting really. But I do know how you feel. Its really hard after a BO-MMC to feel secure in anything about the pregnancy until you see that heartbeat for the first time.

Will you be getting an earlier scan or are you meant to wait it out until 12 weeks?

i know its hard to relax i have suffered quiet a few losses and the body can be an evil thing i take each pregnancy as a new one and try not to compare it to the last or one i have lost this time around i have been completely ill first out of 7 pregnancys i have ever felt like this xxx

Yes my first two pregnancies resulted in perfect children, i was shocked to hell when i spotted in my third pregnancy and went on to mc, i fell pregnant that cycle right away and when i didnt spot assumed all was well with thr world....it ended in a mmc :(
I fell pregnant off that cycle again and ive passed 9 weeks, no spotting, seen a hb...im still scared some days..i think after any mc mmc you will always be afraid.

Not sure about whether I would be sent for an early scan - to be honest, I don't even want to book in with a midwife! Im being a complete ostrich and refusing to accept its happening!

I go away for Xmas in 3 weeks so dh really wants us to book a reassurance scan like we did with ds so (in theory) we can rest a bit easier over Xmas.

In my MMC, I went into it so blissfully naive and now I'm completely negative and pessimistic. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Mine were the opposite way round, I had a MMC then had my LG and am pregnant again, my first two pregnancies were exactly the same so I was convinced it was another MMC but I was wrong.

I think every pregnancy can be completely different no matter what the outcome I'm afraid Hun. But try and stay positive. The chances of 2 consecutive MMCs is really small.

You could perhaps ask for an early scan but it would all depend how nice your local EPAU is, mine weren't very so they wouldn't give me a scan unless there were any signs of anything wrong (despite my arguments that nothing seemed wrong the first time!). But you might be lucky you never know. Especially if you explain how much it's causing you to worry and stress.

This time I have booked myself a private scan at 11 weeks as I'm not 12 weeks til Christmas Day and I know there's no chance I'll be getting my dating scan til the new year.

Try and stay positive Hun, I know it's hard but all the odds are in our favour xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->