Anyone else WTT, knowing they will struggle (eg. tube issues!) TTC?

misshydra

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new here and I am so glad I found these forums. My OH and I are WTT (fall 2012) while I finish up grad school :thumbup:. We weren't planning on TTC so soon but I found out recently that I have a left hydrosalpinx that will (according to the dr) significantly reduce my chances of getting pregnant. I have to try for a while before they will think of removing the tube (which is supposed to drastically improve my chances!) so I am preparing myself for a long journey ahead.

Is anyone else WTT with fertility issues? I am finding it so difficult to wait! :cry:. If it is going to take us a long time, I want that long time to start now. The funny thing is, and OH and I were laughing about it, if we were to start NTNP now I would probably get pregnant right away because we aren't ready, but as soon as we wait until 'the right time' it will not be as easy. Sigh.

So, now, I've had my mirena IUD removed and we are using condoms. I'm in the middle of my second period post-IUD so at least I know my body is cycling normally again. I have another ultrasound in January to check on things and at that time I will have a long chat with my Dr about family planning.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or who is just super anxious to start trying?!?

Aw - can't say I am in the same boat (at least, I don't think so...DH had one undescended testicle that was fixed when he was 2 but we heard that since it was only one and fixed early should still be ok?)

But..I wanted to say welcome! I think it is good you are already looking into these issues and preparing and thinking about it. :)

Good luck with everything (including grad school!)

Sorry to hear that. I am not in as drastic of a situation, but I have severe PCOS and insulin resistance, coupled with a few non-gynaecological issues that are gonna be a problem for me. Considering I have to wait 3 years, it's pretty hard...hopefully I'll coax OH into letting us TTC in 2 and a bit instead, eventually. ;) It's just like a ticking time bomb, waiting, not to mention that fertility naturally declines from 20ish and I'm inching towards 21. I'd always thought I'd have kids at 23-24, but we may have to wait longer. :cry: hopefully I can sort out more of my health issues in that time.

Thanks so much for your input guys! It's good to know I'm not alone even though our stories are all different. I wish you both the best of luck on your WTT and TTC journeys :)

ps. angiepie! Most studies now show that 24 is the age of peak fertility. You might just have perfect timing!

Yes, me! I'm anxiously WTT because I actually wanted to TTC several months ago, but then I found out I had endometriosis and had to have laparoscopic surgery, and now I'm on medication to stop my periods...and I don't know when it's coming back...! I'm a bit scared I won't be able to conceive, even though I know people who have endo and have kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->