• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone ever feel guilty for wanting a particular gender?

Zoe_puppy

TTC#1
Reaction score
Please dont think Im a terrible person..:flower:

My OH and I have always wanted to start out our family with a little girl. we have been trying conception methods to concieve a girl and I feel a little guilty! OF COURSE I would be over the moon with a baby boy, but our dream is a girl. whenever you ask anyone what they are hoping for they always say "dont care, as long as its healthy" and I obviously take my child's health over gender preference, but is it wrong to hope for a healthy baby girl (or boy) ??

I never wanted boys I always said i'd like 4 girls. When I had my first baby I knew all along I was having a boy, I didn't find out for sure because I didn't want to have time to become ungrateful and when they passed me my little man there was no a bit of me that was disappointed and I'm being fully truthful when I say that!

Now we have been ttc our 2nd baby and I know how wonderful little boys are I don't mind either way what i'd have. In fact it would be great to have another little boy for corey to play with! (though the rate we're going he's likely to be grown up by the time I get a bfp!) grrrrr

xx

I think everyone would prefer one over the other no matter what they say. Obviously if you get the other you would still be ecstatic, i mean, your having a baby! lol

I would prefer girl but OH would prefer a boy. Dont feel guilty I think everyone does it xxx

OH and I always talk about having a girl. I just, can't imagine not having a girl. I know either way I'll be crazy happy. but yeah, sometimes I do feel guilty because I lean SO much toward a girl.

I know I'd be positively glowing if I found out I was having a boy, but I'd probably cry out of happiness if I was told it was a girl. lol

but health comes first. and having a baby at all regardless of gender, is a blessing.

I can't decide which gender I'd prefer over the other - but SO definitely set on a boy, due to the fact he wants him to "protect" his younger siblings when he's older, especially if the younger ones are girls. I think it's cute.

I don't think you should feel too guilty. I think it's normal to wish or secretly wish for a certain gender.

I really hope I have a girl but my husbands side of the family has all boys, so most likely I will only have boys.

OH dont feel guilty we all do it! My DH always leaned towards girls when we wernt ttc, but now that we are its all he he he!!! I would like to see him with a son, I could just imagine his little helper with him on the tractor and I melt inside! I have 2 girls already and would love to have something differnt, but whatever the fertility gods deem to throw at me I would accept with glee!!

Me and my husband always talk about having boy. Boys seem to run in both sides of the family first. But having a little girl would be okay. Either or as long a we can concieve a :baby: would be a blessing.

Dont feel guilty for talking about it. We all do it :thumbup:

i think i will have a boy first and before i used to want a little girl but now i want a boy. i think its normal to want one over the other but in the end it wont matter as long as its a happy baby.

I always thought i would have a little girl till Cody came along and I have to say that I absolutely love boys. I love building lego with them and they have so much joy and freedom in their approach to life. Most of my friends have baby girls and everything they say about them being a handful is true... lol

This time round we want a little girl but if we get a little boy we're going to spoil him just as much!

I'm really undeceive lol I always say I want a girl and the moment I say it I want a boy instead lol I personally would love twins - a boy and a girl :) I don't think it's wrong to have a preference like pixxie said. right now I'm sure the feeling is mutual for all ladies ttc, as long as its a baby who cares about the gender? x

I think its pretty normal we have a son and this time around we would like a girl. BUT i will be happy with another boy because he is fabulous.

Just out of interest what conception methods are your using to try and conceive a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"