Anyone ever had a positive ffn (fetal fibronectin) test result??

baby030611

Rylan Jack 07.06.11
Reaction score
Just wondering as I had one on Tuesday (due to regular painless tightenings) and having early labour signs and symptoms since this but no baby yet.

Wondered if anyone has had one and if you delivered early or not?

I had 3 positives

At 22,31 & 34 weeks. After my first baby arrived at 27 weeks i was convinced that was it!
I delivered at 40+2. Never had steroids or any intervention at any point,, just a cervix scan each time to check for funnelling.

The positive ffn tests are very inaccurate, only a small number of positives go on to deliver. A negative is much more accurate. My hospital refuse to do them after 34 weeks as they are more likely to be positive regardless

I had 3 positives

At 22,31 & 34 weeks. After my first baby arrived at 27 weeks i was convinced that was it!
I delivered at 40+2. Never had steroids or any intervention at any point,, just a cervix scan each time to check for funnelling.

The positive ffn tests are very inaccurate, only a small number of positives go on to deliver. A negative is much more accurate. My hospital refuse to do them after 34 weeks as they are more likely to be positive regardless

Had you started to dilate or had tightenings or pains any of that? X

Yup, but they must have been braxtons hicks. I dont think i was dilated...

Okay. I'm having tightenings regulaly and I've started to dilate and cervix is short and soft :s will just take it a day at a time and take things easy.. It might stay put longer then!

Get ur feet up and chill :)

I always thought the negative was the only accurate result of these tests but my perinatologist seems to think a positive is 50/50 for delivery in the 2weeks after.

For me Ive had a positive at 33 weeks and delivered 5 days later, I had preterm labour with contractions and shortening cervix.

This baby I had a positive at 31 +1 and baby was born at 32 +3 so again for me it predicted delivery. I had preterm labour which was stopped but my waters broke spontaneously.

Good luck hun and at 34 weeks you're at a really good gestation:hugs:

I had a positive this past week at 27 weeks. My doctor told me that your chances of delivering within the next two weeks, WITH signs of early labor, are 76%. Chances of delivering within the next two weeks, with NO signs of early labor and a normal cervix are 2%. (Take those numbers with a grain of salt, I don't have studies in front of me that I can cite right now.)

I have no signs of labor, they made me go to the hospital and be monitored for a few hours, but everything was fine. I got a steroid shot to mature baby's lungs just in case, and was sent home- everything's been fine since then.

I had a positive result at 27 weeks and i was having some contractions. They said the test is more reliable when the results are negative, and when results are positive its less acurate. Good luck and try to take it easy.

My daughter is 31+4 today and was having contractions with changes to her cervix last week. When she did her NST, the baby failed and when checked, her cervix was "mushy". She is currently 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated and on 10 mg of Procardia every 4-hours. My questions is: has anyone else be symptomatic and if so, when did you actually deliver?

Thanks Everyone!!! Your input is invaluable!!!:baby:

I was kept In at 29 weeks with regular contractions, cervix was 2 cm dilated then and I had a positive ffn test. I'm still here and will be 35 weeks on Monday.
But I will say, I was told to bed rest and I really have been doing next to nothing which I think has helped greatly. I tried hoovering the. House last week and started getting sore contractions again so got my hubby to do it instead. All my babies have been a little eary the last was 36 weeks, so my midwife wanted me to aim for 35/36 week gestation before I start being active again as she thinks this LO will be early also.
Good luck and keep your feet up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->