Anyone ever hear of Kokopelli?

MartinaLynn

(WTT) for Baby #1
Reaction score
I just thought this is interesting... I heard about this little guy a few years ago from a co-worker of mine.

Kokopelli (check out my profile pic/avatar) is a fertility god known to many cultures in the southwest United States. He is know to bring fertility and conception to women. He is widely known in ancient art, rock carvings, and pottery from a very long time ago. Typically he is shown with a hunchback, long protrusions from his head, and a flute. Some people say his hunchback is actually a sack filled with seeds,songs, and babies. Legend has it that everyone in the village he was in would sing and dance through out the night when he would play his flute, and then next morning every maiden in the village would have a child!

My co-worker even decorated her bathroom in Kokopelli! It was pretty cool. There are alot of different things you can buy for decorations or household items from the Internet. I've never seen them in stores.

Just thought I'd tell you guys about this in case you want to surround yourself with Kokopelli's when you start TTC!! Or even before!! :thumbup:

I believe there is a Team Kokopelli here in the forums! Over in the TTC section =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->