Anyone from Oxfordshire???

Hi - hope you dont mind me joining in - am 36 and expecting my first at the end of March 2010!! I live in Cholsey near Wallingford - 10 minutes away from Willow (and hopefully making her feel less old!!)

Nice to know there are other mums and mums to be in the area!

Hi ladies,

Congratulations Emx, how is pregnancy treating you so far? Thats a perfect scan picture you have got :) Are you going to find out the sex of the baby at your next one?

I'm 31 but feeling 70 at the moment - lol. OH has to put my socks and shoes on for me
and I now have supervised baths and showers cos I can't get out on my own - nothing elegant about being pregnant hehe! I am loving being pregnant though and can't believe it has gone so quickly.

x

Lovely to know there are other Oxfordshire ladies. I'm from Marston in Oxford and due around 27th May. Will be going to the JR as it's so close.

Hi - having a good pregnancy so far, although had a horrible last few days with some not so good results from my nuchal and bloods... went to have a CVS today and decided at last minute the risk was too high for us!! I am happy to leave it to mother nature now...

I am going to find out the sex of the baby but not at my 20 weeks scan..... I have booked a private scan at 16 weeks - I am far too impatient to wait!! Terrible arent I!!

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well.

Found out yesterday that Lentil will be arriving 4 weeks early, they are going to induce me on the 6th October as there has been no growth in the last 3 weeks so measuring at 31 weeks :( was a major shock as thought we had 5 weeks left to get ready and prepare mentally for the labout etc,.. my ante natal classes start the day I am being induced, helpful lol.

Poppy the JR are great, really can't fault them - I have been going about twice a week for the last month or so and apart from one rubbish lady who scanned me (she was soon put down a peg or two by the doctor though) everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

Where is the nearest hospital to you Emx? Not long until you find out the sex of your baby, bet your excited. Do you have any preferences of what you would prefer?

Take care xx

Hi there!

Willow - Hows things with you??? Im still here,... still TTC... but have transfered to the JR from the Horton banbury.. because theyre RUBBISH!! Although the maternity is supposed to be VERY good... shame theyre thinking of closing it down.

Hope everyone is well! xxx

Hi Willow, how are you? You must have little one now? I am still here - bit further on now with a nice bump! I had a private scan a couple of weeks ago and found out we are having a little girl!

Hi again ladies. Had my little boy James on October 13th. How is everyone? I moved to Aylesbury but can I still be classed as an Oxfordshire girly hehe?

Hello, I'm in a small village about 3 miles out of Thame towards Wheatley :)

Hi ladies,

How is everyone? Hope you bumps/babies and eggs are all well.

All good here, I had my little girl Poppy Rae on 8th October - weighing 3lbs 7oz. She spent 2 weeks in SCBU to put on weight, they let her home when she was 3lbs 11oz. She now a chunky 5lbs 6oz and a feisty one but wouldn't have her any other way.

So is everyone ready for Xmas? I can't believe it is only a month away!!

Take Care x

hey my names kirsty (nickname kayce) 22 years old and im 21 weeks pregnant and live in banbury with my husband ,i could really do with someone to meet up with or chat to.

Hello Ladies!

Sorry I disappeared off the face of the earth....Charlie came along and it's all been 100mph!

Anyway, Charlie is currently asleep so I have a spare 5 mins to try and catch up!

Emx - Hi and Welcome :wave: Not long for you now. How are you coping with the snow? Bet you have had to stay in?? Sorry to hear about your nuchal and blood results. What did they say? Good on you for not doing the CVS and like you say, leave it up to mother nature.

poppyfields - Leaving near Marston is lucky! Only a wee trek for you then. 27th May isn't too far away, how are you feeling?

Willow - Sorry to hear that they had to induce you because of LO not growing...TBH you never missed anything with the antenatal classes anyway as I didn't really learn much at all! Many congrats on Poppy :happydance::happydance: How is everything?

Sambitiki - How are things going with TTC? I am WTT atm and am moving to TTC towards the end of Feb/March. The Horton I thought were very good, especially when there were issues but then I suppose it's personal opinion.

littlekitten8 - Congrats on your baby! :happydance::happydance: How are things going? Are you settling into motherhood OK? Of course you can still be classed as Oxfordshire...Aylesbury isn't that far from Bicester anyway :winkwink:

ilovebaboo - Hi and welcome! I notice you already have a LO? How is everything?

Kirsty - Hi and welcome to you too! :wave: I live in Bicester which isn't that far so I am more than happy to meet up and have a chat? Is everything going OK?

Right, onto me and Charlie. He is going great guns. He had his lip op at 10 weeks old which went really well. His palate op is in April which is a big one so am not looking forward to that. I have started letting him have a few mouthfuls of solids (if you can call it that!) which he seems to be doing OK with. He is still not sleeping through the night yet but does only wake once which isn't so bad. He has also decided to sleep on his tummy which is giving me heart failure but the more I turn him around, the more he just turns himself back again :growlmad:

Motherhood has been hard. He was a very colicky baby so just spent 2 solid months screaming which drove me mad. He is much better now though but has recently started teething so he is back to grumpy again :wacko:

Anywho, hope you are all well and not stuck inside in the snow like we have been most of the week!

xxxx

Hello ladies, I am not in Oxfordshire yet but I was looking for some advice if that is ok? :flower: My husband works near Chalgrove but currently we live in Northants, we thought it would work out cheaper but really, with the cost of diesel, we might as well move to Oxfordshire! I was wondering which parts of Oxfordshire you ladies would recommend? We won't be moving for a few months yet and we will only be renting but I want to start looking at what is around to get some ideas. We want to be quite close to Chalgrove, within 15-20mins ish, but we have no idea which areas are good or bad! Thanks in advance :D xx

Hello ladies, I am not in Oxfordshire yet but I was looking for some advice if that is ok? :flower: My husband works near Chalgrove but currently we live in Northants, we thought it would work out cheaper but really, with the cost of diesel, we might as well move to Oxfordshire! I was wondering which parts of Oxfordshire you ladies would recommend? We won't be moving for a few months yet and we will only be renting but I want to start looking at what is around to get some ideas. We want to be quite close to Chalgrove, within 15-20mins ish, but we have no idea which areas are good or bad! Thanks in advance :D xx

Hi Jackie! :hi:

Watlington is probably nearest to where your husband works. Or if you want something more in the sticks, then Stadhampton, Wallingford, Benson and Crowmarsh are probably just as good. I don't really know the areas all that well, but have a wee look on www.rightmove.co.uk to give you an idea on renting and prices etc.

x

Thanks hun :D There seem to be some lovely houses around there, it's just hard to know what the areas are like xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->