Anyone from Virginia?

Yeah the csection wasn't bad though surprisingly. The labor was the bad part. LOL! I'm debating whether to just get a scheduled csection with the next or trying for a VBAC. The thought of pushing a giant watermelon out my daisy doesn't sound too appealing though. :rofl:

I'm going to be asking for the epidural as soon as I get in there! :rofl:

I heard good things about that hospital. I actually go into their care starting Tuesday morning (just got on Tricare) and I have my first appointment on Tuesday.

Do you know the earliest they do inductions? My old doctor wanted an induction at 37 weeks.

They induced me 3 days after my due date but only because I started suffering from hypertension and they didn't want me to go much longer. My feet were swollen to an unreal size. I'm thankful I went in when I did because Emma probably would have died if I hadn't because her heart rate kept dropping with my high blood pressure. Before that they said I could go two weeks over but no more than that. So at the most, you'd be looking at two weeks over your due date if you don't go into labor naturally. Which isn't bad. I've seen girls on this site three weeks overdue :shock: Good luck hun!! :hugs:

They induced me 3 days after my due date but only because I started suffering from hypertension and they didn't want me to go much longer. My feet were swollen to an unreal size. I'm thankful I went in when I did because Emma probably would have died if I hadn't because her heart rate kept dropping with my high blood pressure. Before that they said I could go two weeks over but no more than that. So at the most, you'd be looking at two weeks over your due date if you don't go into labor naturally. Which isn't bad. I've seen girls on this site three weeks overdue :shock: Good luck hun!! :hugs:

Thank you! My old doctor is just worried about the baby being too big (they can't tell if I'm pre-diabetic or if I have GD). 37/38 weeks, they think the baby would be 9lbs and 10lbs by 40 weeks. So I don't know if that makes me higher risk and if they would move me to Riverside?

LOL sweet me too! yeah u get a private room that you'll be in from labour to delivery theres also bathrooms in the rooms now! and now your husband or FOB can stay Over night in the room with u! so im extremely happy!

yes i will be delivering at langley too!! :) my friend just had her baby at the old part of the hospital and she had to share a room with girls!! and they took you into a diff room to deliver. These new rooms you deliver in and stay!! so nice!! she also had to walk down the hall to go to the bathroom!! so glad they will be ready!!

also when my friend deliverd in March they gave her SOOO MUCH FOOD!!! i was like OMG thats for one person!! and it was good food!! :) which is rare in hospitals!! this was her 2nd baby and her labour was only 2 hours!! LUCKY! she had her at 6am and by 10am the next morning she was out! i def want to stay like 2 days!

:) omg i'm so glad they have improved the womens health clinic wing! whoop whoop! mmm i love food!

deff will be looking for y'alls birth stories! lol

You know, it'd be even better to see one of you there when we go to appointments! :D
Could you imagine!?

I heard good things about Air Force hospitals. lol :)

ive heard they are the best around. We are navy and theres no way im driving from newport news to portsmouth during labour!! esp if there was traffic!!

You know, it'd be even better to see one of you there when we go to appointments! :D
Could you imagine!?

baaahahahaha that would be funny i have another appt may 27 but idk if i'll be in the womens health clinic or the lab bc its blood work :/

Could you imagine!?

baaahahahaha that would be funny i have another appt may 27 but idk if i'll be in the womens health clinic or the lab bc its blood work :/

There's a chance we might see each other! My first appointment with them is this Tuesday and I'm supposed to be seen every two weeks now, so that puts it right on that week. :)

Could you imagine!?

i have an apt on the 27th!!! LOL :) The only thing i dont like about their system is you dont have one doctor that will for sure deliver you. theres like 15 diff drs and midwives and you get whatevers on call!! but i doubt i will care when im dyyyying in pain!!

Could you imagine!?

There's a chance we might see each other! My first appointment with them is this Tuesday and I'm supposed to be seen every two weeks now, so that puts it right on that week. :)

your getting soo close!! YAY!! cant wait til i have apt every 2 weeks!! i feel like time has stopped since being in 2nd tri! feels like forever!!!

:hugs: Jessica. Enjoy it while you can hun! I felt the exact same but than once it was all over I thought 'man that was fast'. :rofl:

o lol i might see u both then! :) baaahahahah yeah they asked me when making my next appt if i wanted the same doc i said yes she seems nice enough. the only bad thing my friend said about Langley was this one nurse was mean and rude (mind u my friend had to be induce @38 wks she was on the highest dose of pitocin and trying to have a natural birth!) so my friend was in alot of pain! and the mean nurse gave her antibiotic's bc she had GBS and there suppose to dilute it but the nurse shot it straight in her IV it burn her hand! her hand turn RED and she was screaming that her hand was on fire!

o lol i might see u both then! :) baaahahahah yeah they asked me when making my next appt if i wanted the same doc i said yes she seems nice enough. the only bad thing my friend said about Langley was this one nurse was mean and rude (mind u my friend had to be induce @38 wks she was on the highest dose of pitocin and trying to have a natural birth!) so my friend was in alot of pain! and the mean nurse gave her antibiotic's bc she had GBS and there suppose to dilute it but the nurse shot it straight in her IV it burn her hand! her hand turn RED and she was screaming that her hand was on fire!

:shock: Uhh... who is this nurse so I never get her?

idk she didnt know her name! but if anyones being mean and rude i'll kick them out! no one should have to put up with that bull while there in labour!

idk she didnt know her name! but if anyones being mean and rude i'll kick them out! no one should have to put up with that bull while there in labour!

Exactly! Oh, now I'm scared about going there. ...:(

I hate to tell you but every nurse I had there was basically kids that didn't know what the hell they were doing. They stuck me in the hand literally ten times just trying to take my blood. I had a HORRIBLE experience at Langley. I don't know what all the hype is all about but I would have paid to go to a real hospital if I knew it would be the way it was. I'm not trying to scare anyone but I'm just telling my own experience. I know a few other girls who loved it there but I must've been unlucky because it was awful for me. The nurses were all rude besides two nice ones. The rest acted like they just didn't want to be there. Granted I was there for a really long time. There were about six other women that came in after me and had their babies way before I ever did. :rofl: So maybe they were just sick of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->