Anyone get this with braxton hicks

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Im assuming these are braxton hicks as I dont remember getting these with my son.
Its like the cramp you get in your calf and can be anything from a local spor to righr the way across my stomach, sometimes top, bottom or pretty much anywhere ans normaly is followed by a very wriggly baby whose also in the spot I get the cramps and tightening.
Iv been getting for most of the pregnancy but lately they have got so bad that when it starts to build I come over with a headrush as though iv just stood up quickly or just downed a load of alcohol quickly (i drink about twice a year and havnt done so for a few years so I get a woozy flush when I do)
With this headrush I get short of breath and a bit of weird vision, it doesnt go blury but rather goes a little dark like when you step inside from the sun and take a second to adjust.
Only thing I can think of is blood preasure but I het that checked and have never had a problem wirh it.
Its now happening about 8/9 times a day everytime I get these (what I assume) braxton hicks.

Anyone else get this with them?
I have a mw appointment in the next few days so ill ask her about them.

Hi Smokey,

I've been getting the 'headrush' in the past couple weeks as well. My braxton hicks feel a little differently than they did when I got them earlier (around 24 weeks). They almost feel less intense, which seems weird to me, and higher up than before. But I haven't noticed a leg-crampy feeling with them, just the headrush and sort of out of breath like you said. I also thought it could be blood pressure related, but at my 37wk appt this week, my blood pressure was like 109/69.

I'm a FTM so I have no idea what to expect really..I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. I did mention that I get the headrush while lying down to my OB dr and she didn't really say anything, ha.

Only way I can ease it is to massage the area till the muscle sort of releases.
They arnt what id call painfull but it really takes my breath away.
I think its some sort of hormone rush it creates, its such a weird feeling.

Braxton hicks are in your full tummy, not just one spot. If you are feeling tightness and crampyness in one spot and it eases up after being rubbed, it sounds like baby is pushing you hard from the inside. My daughter does this a lot, she sticks her butt up in my ribs and it hurts! If I push her down she pushes back and kicks lol but eventually she will move away because she doesn't like being pushed.

Ahh see I always thought it was the baby because it always happened where he was sitting and was followwd by him jigging about in that area bur everyone alsways said no thats what braxton hicks are :)

Ahh see I always thought it was the baby because it always happened where he was sitting and was followwd by him jigging about in that area bur everyone alsways said no thats what braxton hicks are :)

Sometimes it can be really hard to tell. I was finally able to tell the difference when I was in the hospital on a monitor for early contractions and the nurses were explaining the difference, and then I could see it on the monitors :)

with my bh i get hot and flushed, my belly tightens and my bladder feels like its being squeezed. i have to breathe through them as my chest gets tight as well. not pleasant. ive had them since 16 weeks or so.

It is difficult to distinguish-I THINK with my bh I get the tightness which I feel coming on right across my uterus almost to the insides of my hip bones and up as high as my belly button. If it's baby I get a similar tightening/stretch feeling but I can move a bit more freely with it plus it's mainly not the whole way across, maybe one big lump more on one side! Still find it hard to know though! As for quantity I get the quite a lot when im lying down so in the morning/evening and when walking around..ive had them for weeks so not worried but I can get a few in a row :) They say to change position if you're getting a few in a row and they should ease, along with drink lots and lots of water x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->