Anyone got the Mothercare Spin Pram?

Su11

Mum to H, Leo & Jake
Reaction score
Hiya

Has anyone got the mothercare spin pram - ive seen it had a demo and played around with it and fallen in love with it and really love it but wonder what others thought of it and if you had, would advise of good and bad points please

thanks ladies

:hugs:

Hi. Just found this as I was searching for "Mothercare Spin" on the B&B website. I have fallen in love with this travel system myself. The only thing that's a bit annoying is that it only comes in silver and black (although it is sort of growing on me a bit!!). I had read a review somewhere and there was a lady who said that she couldn't bring herself to buy it as the silver padding reminded her too much of Bianca Jackson's puffer jacket in EastEnders! I nearly wet myself with laughter! I went into MotherCare the other day and the lady there said that the Spin has been really popular but as it's a new product, she hasn't heard of any negative feedback yet. She also said that her manager had been to a meeting and that they will be bringing out new colours soon but she didn't know when. My LO is due 12 Jan so not sure if I will have time to wait for any new colours to come out. The other slight downside is that it's not compatible with an isofix base, but that's not really the end of the world. I think it is perfect for what I'm looking for, especially the fact that the chassis folds down really compactly and will therefore fit in the boot of my Clio. Good luck with your choice. xx

Thanks hun - ive been looking around too - when i spoke to Mothercare they said new colours are coming out in april and my :baby: is due 5th feb so i really cant wait til then
:haha:about the puffa jacket but i really like the silver and black esp as im having a boy.
the mothercare where i am said no complaints only thing is they dont do a matching changin bag:shrug:
everyone ive seen has been happy with it so were gona go for it.

cant wait to order it now and were gona order the baby k bag together with it.

glad you answered thanks :hugs:

I just brought one
Getting delivered this week! Ive fallen in love with it!
Il let you know how it is :)

xxx

Oh im so jealous - cant wait to order ours - really want it now so can play around with it.

please let me know.

thanks

:hugs:

I saw this one today, and like it very much, but haven't noticed what kind of wheels there are? And what do you think about weight of it? Is it light?

the wheels are solid plastic ones.

Its not the lightest pram on the market but its not that heavy at all really and folds down really well and easily i could do it first try :haha::blush
i think the weights ok - its 13kg - others ladies may not but depends what your looking for - it weighs around the same weight as say the silver cross, quinny or my3 my4 models

only thing thats disappointing is it doesnt have a matchin pram bag.

supposed to be bringing out different colours too next year.

we are ordering ours after crimbo really cant wait

I saw the Spin pram today first time on mothercare's website. After reading reviews I want to see them in their store. Maybe I go today to see them. They look very good and practical. Hopefully my husband likes them too. :haha:

I would also like to hear Rachael1989's comments when she get her Spin pram.

oh you will love it and they are so nice to push.

i really want mine now lol

Hi, Im looking at getting one of these too... I have a play around with it every time I go into Mothercare!! The only negatives I can see are that you have to completely take the top part off to collapse it (even in buggy mode) so if you travel by public transport at all, you need to keep it up... also have had one experience of not being able to switch the demonstration model from forward to rear facing.. the lady said you have to make sure its really in alignment with itself for it to work (may be a problem as it gets older?), Other than that I love it.. its so comfy and warm and the carrycot isnt huge so quite practical.. apparently its coming out in Green in March and other colours later, although I prefer the silver even for a girl. I am going to be ordering it after Christmas, unless I hear any drastic reviews about it in the meantime x

I went today too see the spin in action. I do like it but it's not for us. Spinning thing is good but how often you really would spin a pram... And bad thing is also that car seat does not come with base. I did like My4 more and I think we are getting that instead of Spin. My4 is more compact and practical in my opinion.

we brought the spin on sat and im so happy and impressed.

love it even more - took a matter of mins to set up the cosytoes is fleece lined and bubbs is gona be so snuggly in there - just to find a bag to go with it and a nice blanket

cant wait to use it now - roll on the next 8 weeks

Hi
I bought the mothercare spin pushchair in sept 09. And i LOVE it, just like u all i went into mothercare to buy something totally diff but as soon as i wa shown the spin i fell in love and called my husband at work, made him finish early and come take a look lol. He loved it ( boys and their toys!!) we bought it their and then.
My boys just over 3 months now and i have used it in pram mode until now, its so easy to put together and very light to push. I used to leave it up in my living room and use it instead of a moses basket downstairs whilst he slept during the day. It does recommend not to use in pushchair mode till 6 months but my boy was gettin bored looking at the sky so for the first time this week i used it in pushchair mode and he loved it, the footmuff is soooo cosy and beacuse u have 3 positions i use it on middle settin when he wants to look about and with one easy lift of button on back i can move it to lowest setting when he sleeps and its not totally horizontal but just right for a sleeping baby to be comfy.
The car seat is great and so handy when out on short visits...it clicks into base with ease...and really compact when pushing around dept stores!!
Overall i love it and made the right choice...had it over 3 months and still not seen any other mum with it in our village so feel privlidged lol...
Also whilst i remeber...u get raincover with it which fits on quickly and easily, has a zip half way'ish so rest od pram can still be protected but open where u can see baby. Mothercares own car seat rain cover (£10) fits the car seat perfectly.
Sorry to go on about it but just love it....hope this helps :)
X:flower:

I loved my Spin at first.
Now 3 months on I'm selling it.
It really is quite heavy on a daily basis and even though the chassis looks like it folds small, once you've put the pram part on the top in the boot it barely fits, and you have to take that off and put it on the floor to use your two hands to lift the chassis out of the boot each time you take it in or out.
The pram apron doesn't fit properly and the liner is baggy.
The whole thing is surprisingly rickety if you walk properly at speed - not cruising around shops but properly along pavements.
I can't believe now that we paid so so much for that when we could've got a proper pram that lasts longer and had a seperate pram body.
Because of these issues I've ended up using my babycarrier all the time which is nice :) I've only used my Spin 6 times since mid-January!

I'm selling my Spin and getting an Oyster.

If anyone still want's it though (I know I wouldn't of been disuaded as I was convinced it was the bees knees) then contact me :)

Hi everyone, just wondered if the mums who bought the spin a couple of years ago are still happy with it? Can't decide which pram to get but this isn't fav so far!!

I had a few issues with my spin the basket mainly is very small not good for a family without a car, also didn't fit in my friends mini cooper or fiatt 500 I did like that nobody else had it in my area but its becoming popular now. Also the chassis is wider at the badck causing some problems with some shop doors and small shops xxxxxxxxxxx

I work in mothercare and got the spin a year ago :) I LOVE it and still use it now :D it was on a bargain offer when I bought it tho. If it wasn't id have prob got the my4! The spin part IS very handy if baby is facing away and starts crying for any reason. I've got a Peugeot 206 and it fits in the boot fine! I don't think think there are many pram style travel systems that fold smaller to be honest as u have to take the seat unit off of them all apart from the silvercross 3D but that doesn't go into parent facing as a pushchair. Everyone suits something different tho :thumbup:

What are u looking for your pushchair to do? I could recommend ones for u to look at as pushchairs are my speciality :wohoo:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"