Anyone had a positive test then period ? Confused to what it is.

bethx

Carla bear :)
Reaction score
Hi I got a positive test yesturday the line was faint but grew darker. About 2 hours later I started bleeding. Has this happened to anyone and what was the outcome? Sorry if TMI but the bleeding was heavy with bad cramps ect. X

that just recently happened to me but I didn't have a good outcome...I lost the pregnancy but looks as though I may be pg again!! Gl and hope it turns out good for you!!

i have heard of some women on here that have had some bleeding in the beginning of pregnancy. hoping that all is ok xx

It was all so confusing and quick one min I'm preg the next I'm bleeding like I'm not I hope everything's ok. Maybe i should wait for the bleeding to stop and take another test. It was a tesco's own brand test. X

It may have been a chemical pregnancy. Basically the egg is fertilised and it starts to implant (hense the release in the hormone) but sadly fails and comes away.

Thats why women are advised by DR's to not test untill they have missed a period (hard i know as i never stick to it)

I Hope its just implantation bleeding for you x

I actually thought AF was coming 10 days late (23dpo), and then it stopped and I got my BFP the day after. The doc told me that slight bleeding or spotting was quite common but if it happened again, to let them know. It did happen again a couple of times, but I thought it was too early for a scan anyway and if I was to miscarry there was nothing they could do.

I am now 28 weeks pg, so it ended happily for me, but I know otherwise what it could have meant. Do keep a close eye on it. You can test again tomorrow or Wednesday to be sure. If it's negative, it probably an early mc, otherwise known as chemical pregnancy.
If it's still positive, it may mean that the bleeding is due to something else, such as cervical erosion, which is not dangerous. Worst case scenario would be an ectopic, in which case, you need to find out and have it sorted out asap.

Fingers crossed for you!!

I'll test as soon as I can I hope it's positive. I had a very straight forward pregnancy with my first. Thanks everyone xx

last two pregnancies I had bleeding. The first one was moderate and all was well. My last pregnancy I bled as well, now I did mc that baby at 17 weeks, but it had nothing to do with my early bleeding. All was well after my bleeding, it just did not end well, but again, not related. Fingers crossed for you!!

Hiya hunnie... Bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common, and sometimes its just normal and sometimes it can mean Miscarriage.

Ive had 2x Chemical miscarriages and there have started off with a positive pregnancy test followed by bleeding and clots that lasted for nearly 2 weeks rather my normal 3 day Period.

The way to know if to test again and see what that says... and keep testing, if the lines get darker, then its just normal bleeding... if there start to fade then im so sorry to say that your miscarrying... (I really hope not)

If the bleeding gets really heavy, please get yourself to A&E at the hospital to make sure that your fine x

I'll test wed for deffinate hope it's normal bleeding and everything is ok :( thanks everyone :) Ill update with preg test result on wed hopefully I can then move on over to the pregnancy forums and not the loss :'( xx

I had a positive then ended up having a terrible period..DR said it was a chemical pregnancy..how heavy is your bleading?? I know it is common to bleed during early pregnancy,,,,good luck and I hope its your bfp!!

You can sometimes bleed during the early stages of your pregnancy, or you may have tested too early and you are having a chemical. Some women have periods all throughout their pregnancy, though it is rare. Keep an eye on your progression of HCG and lots of luck to you!

Periods quite heavy so I'm thinking it might be chemical. I was a week late thou :(. Going to get carla's immunisation done today so u might ask the nurse for her advice. Thanks again everyone xx

I'm sorry honey, it does sound like a chemical or early miscarriage, because of how heavy it is. The same happened to me in June.

I hope it isnt :hugs: xxxxx

I'm sorry that you are experiencing such confusion. We'll be watching for your update and may you get the answer that you wish for. :flower:

Hugs!! I am sorry, it sounds like it could be a chemical. I will be thinking of you!

Are you still bleeding? It could just be normal pregnancy bleeding. I hope that's the case for you & you get another bfp!

Still bleeding but it's very weird I will like stop bleeding for half a day then start again. I went to doc and he sent me for 2 blood tests on diff days to check the hcg levels and just got back from the second. I will phone up tomorrow for the results. Fingers crossed it's a good result. Thanks everyone it means alot :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->