Anyone had internal piles that they can't get rid of & need surgery?

pamg

Reaction score
Hi,just wondered if anyone has had internal piles that won't go & had to be referred to hospital to look into getting it banded?
I've had internal piles for nearly 4 months & have tried everything the doctor recommended. It came completely out of the blue just as we started TTC#2 which I'm completely gutted about.
I thought my post might be better here though as I know a lot of people can suffer in pregnancy or after.
I'm just feeling completely fed up of it now causing me pain & my consultation appointment is 8 weeks away.

I had them after my daughter was born, I don't remember how long they lasted but they did eventually go away. Now I've got them again after the birth of my son. They have gone away for a week here and there and then come back, hopefully they go for good soon! I haven't actually consulted a doctor about them so not sure about being referred to have them banded, but mine are only painful once a day when I have a bowel movement so I am managing with them.

I think I probably wouldn't be so desperate to get rid of them if I hadn't got them just as I was TTC. It's so frustrating. I've never had them before & the doctor has said I should get rid of it first before trying as obviously pregnancy could make it a lot worse :-(

I've had piles since my first. They flare up occasionally and were really bad again after I gave birth the second time. They can be painful at times but I'm not considering surgery at this point after reading about the recovery. Is leaving them definitely not an option?

I have thought about leaving them & just TTC but I worry they will get so much worse & I've been so miserable for months with them as it is & I'm having to take a mild laxative to help which works well most of the time but I have had a few problems getting the right dosage so I'm not running the loo all day!
I have a consultation at the hospital in 7 weeks so I will wait to see what is said then I think to decide what to do. My doctor mentioned banding or injection so only minor surgery but I still keep hoping it will suddenly go before then (wishful thinking!)

What about taking a stool softener instead of a laxative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->