anyone had mastitis?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
just been docs and have it i have 2 days of antibiotics if its not gone i have to go hosp to have it drained! shittin myself and hoping these tablets work any ways to ease the discomfort? and anyone needed the breast drained?
just to add my lo is 6 month old & im not breastfeeding

What? That seems like a rash course of treatment for just mastitis? They may think it is an access. I got 10 days of antibiotics, but I felt better in a day. The pain remained for another couple days.

Other ways to clear the infection would be to use warm compresses on the affected duct and express milk while you massage the red area. I don't know if you are lactating at all but if you're not just try the heat.

Hope it clears up for you soon and you don't need to have it drained!

I also had 7 days of anti B. I found massaging them in the bath to clear anything that blocked. Pain went within a day or 2.

I had mastitis 3 times when I was BF DS, and not once did i need to take antibiotics. I just pumped regularly to clear the blockage, took ibuprofen to help with main and swelling, massage in the shower.... keen in mind all these remedies to promote more milk production.

Maybe because you're not BF it's best you go on antibiotics.

I had a severely blocked duct, and I was put on antibiotics and told to have bub on the boob as much as possible. Try having a hot shower and massage the blockage, should clear up quick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->