Anyone had problems convincing hubby another baby is a good idea

Honestly, I'm not at all concerned about my DHs feelings!

He knows we are having unprotected sex and it could result in another baby. He's okay with it, but only because he wants to make me happy.
He'd be even more thrilled if I gave him the go ahead for a vasectomy (never gonna happen).

It doesn't matter. He'll see that baby and be smitten instantly. He hasn't been terribly interested in ttc the last 2 babies, and he loves them to pieces. Cried at their births and everything.
I think that for men especially, they have to see/hold the actual baby before they get interested in it. At least that's my husband.

No worries here. He'll come around, I have 100% faith in him.

They are a bloody strange breed aren't they!?! Shall we all run away to a ladies commune with our turkey basters!! :haha:

Praying for the BFPs for all you ladies so we can bitch about the OHs on the new over 35 and preggo thread!! :muaha:

:kiss:

I second the turkey baster!!!! In fact I've often thought 'if only I could do this without him it would be so much easier '!!! I don't mean do it with someone else, but if only it was like going shopping - you want it, you need it now so you go and get it - done. Ahhhh that phrase 'if only'......:flower:

Blimey, amazing to read this thread! I am desperately trying to convince my husband that Isla needs a little brother/sister........I had almost succeeded but my sister has just given birth to a gorgeous girl who has Downs which has been a bit of a shock to everyone concerned.........my hubby knows that the risks increase as you get older and now as a result of this, we are almost back at a stalemate.......I think I am still in the lead with me having 55% him 45% say in whether we start trying for no. 2 in earnest but I just don't know for sure where this is heading........:dohh:

They are a bloody strange breed aren't they!?! Shall we all run away to a ladies commune with our turkey basters!! :haha:

Praying for the BFPs for all you ladies so we can bitch about the OHs on the new over 35 and preggo thread!! :muaha:

:kiss:

I second the turkey baster!!!! In fact I've often thought 'if only I could do this without him it would be so much easier '!!! I don't mean do it with someone else, but if only it was like going shopping - you want it, you need it now so you go and get it - done. Ahhhh that phrase 'if only'......:flower:

How right you are, if only we could just get a man in to do it like with the boiler :haha:

Hi Laughing Girl,

Gosh I can't imagine the shock for your sister, your family and ripples right through to your OH and probably beyond. The implications are bigger than you ever think aren't they when something's not according to plan like that. You sound like you are are already smitten with your niece though! :happydance:

It's so hard for us ladies to think like others would and say to yourself "Just give it some time!" as that's something I think we would all feel we don't have in bucket-fuls so I totally feel your anxiety. Everyone has thoughts and feelings about what they would do if something like that happened to them which are so personal and certainly the screening that is offered in the UK is excellent (improved even since I had my son in 2009) so you can make some informed choices early on. I know my DH and I would not see eye to eye on that front too but glass is always half full in my eyes so not even going there unless I have to.

Good luck with the charm offensive on DH and :hugs:! Enjoy that niece of yours! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->