Anyone have a false negative?

AMP1117

Reaction score
Good morning ladies. I currently have a 20 month old. When I got pregnant with her I got my BFP 10 DPO, I tested at 2:30 in the morning without FMU. I was temping so I knew when I ovulated and all that. I had noooo symptoms at all except for my body temp staying elevated. Fast forward to now, if I ovulated when I think I did then hubby and I did have sex right around then. A week after that I started having cramping every day for brief periods. A few days after that and it seems like I can smell EVERYTHING. (These are symptoms I never had with dd). I am now 2-3 days late but the test I took the day I was due on Monday (at 13 DPO) was negative.

So my question to any of you is 1) Did any of you get a false negative? How long did it take to show positive?

For any of you second time mommy's 2) Did it take longer for your BFP to show up the second time around?

I dont want to waste more money on tests. I have one left and will wait to take it on Friday. If no AF by then and still negative I will call my OB. Just wondering if any of you had a similar experience. Thank you!

Well I went to the bathroom and there was a tiny pinkish dot in some clear discharge (sorry tmi) and that was a few hours ago. Now nothing. Prob AF starting but that is unusual for me. Ill try testing again just in case I suppose...just very confused!

AMP, here's my experience. I know it's sort of a downer, but I wanted to share:

With my first pregnancy, I tested every day from the day AF was due (or many even a couple days before) and got a BFN every time. I didn't really have any symptoms. AF never came, and I finally got a BFP three days after AF had been due (17dpo). I ended up with a MC/CP at 5w3d.

Second pregnancy, I just felt a little off, and decided to test at 9dpo. Got a BFP, and ended up having my daughter.

Third pregnancy (just over a month ago), I had some slight symptoms, but got a BFN on 10dpo and 12dpo. AF never came, so I tested the day after on 15dpo and got a BP. However, I must have had a CP since AF came three days late (17dpo).

This month, I had a few symptoms again, took a test at 8dpo and it was BFP! I can't say for sure yet if this one will stick, but I'm starting to have some good hopes.

I kind of wonder if the late BFNs in the CPs were a sign that maybe my HCG levels weren't rising appropriately, or maybe that it implanted very late (which I know can increase the risk of MC/CP). I know lots of other women who have said they got late BFPs and went on to have babies, so fx that that's you!

I had a negative pregnancy on the Saturday but a positive on the Tuesday... May just not be strong enough yet. Don't know what dpo but I got my BFP on CD 28 and we DTD cd 13, 14 & 16 so I O'd on one of them! x

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I guess now its just a wait and see. Im just so used to when AF shows that all of a sudden I wipe and there is red....today I wipe and there is this clearish discharge tinged with brown. I do not remember having this with my 1st pregnancy but if I was pg then I dont know why test was negaitive at 12dpo when I had a huge BFP for dd at 10dpo? No clue.:wacko: I am taking prenatals just in case....

I did. My first test was 2 days after AF was due. I did not retest for another week though, and then it was a quite clear BFP. If you actually read the info about them being 99% effective! it just means they tested as well as the control, but the actual early detection rate is truly very low

Well today I am 3 days late but I started having brown spotting. Which is not normal. I usually just go from pink to bright red. I have no cramping and haven't for a few hours and when I had cramping earlier, it was mild and lasts for less than 30 minutes. Normally, with my period, cramps last allllll day long. I took another test this morning, again at 2am because I am obsessing and it was negative. Problem is, I can not hold my pee for more than 3 hours! I swear I have the smallest bladder in the world even when I am not pregnant (with dd her head was resting on my bladder! But even before her I pee constantly!)

Im just so confused. All of this is not normal for me...a) being late b) brown spotting c) cramping for a week and 1/2 before my period. I couldnt go back to sleep last night after the test and stayed up for like an hour and 1/2. When I went back to bed, after putting my head on the pillow it felt like the room was spinning for a few minutes. Very odd. If AF is coming then freakin hurry up!:growlmad:

I got a strong positive with my first pregnancy on the day AF was due, but I then had brown and pink spotting. I had blood tests and an early scan and everything was fine and I had my DS.

This time I did a supermarket cheapie dip test three to four days before my period was due and got a BFN, then did another one of the same brand with FMU the day I was due and got a very faint BFP. I ordered some more sensitive dip tests from ebay and two days after the first BFP I was getting darker lines which continued to get darker. I haven't had a scan yet but I haven't had any spotting at all this time round which I'm guessing is good although everything was fine last time even though I did have spotting.

What tests are you using?

I used 1 clear blue digital, and have used 2 first response (the 2am one from today was first response)

Thanks everyone for the replies...but looks like Im out. AF showed up this morning 4 days late and in full force. Im disappointed but ok. Had to give dd extra hugs and kisses this morning. I wish you all a very happy and healthy 9 months! For any of you first time mommy's a bit of advice....DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE YOUR LO ARRIVES! Oh yea and enjoy the sleep while you can get it ;)

Well AF only lasted 2.5 days...it usally lasts for 5. Ive heard stories of women thinking it was their period but was really break through bleeding. So just to be sure, I took another test...still bfn but the control line was really light? I have a primcary care dr visit Thursday. For the hell of it I may as well ask for a blood test right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->