Anyone have thick blood?

Blueberry82

TTC First Baby
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've just endured two lots of blood tests to check that I miscarried and not ectopic ( 3 nurses, 2 doctors and 7 attempts to get enough blood out of my tiny veins!)
They joked its like getting blood out of a stone because once they found a vein my blood wouldn't flow and they commented it seems very thick.

Has anyone else had a problem with blood not flowing and could this be anything to do with my 2 miscarriages?
I'm going to ask GP next week but wondered if anyone had encountered any personal experience.

Thanks in advance x

Hey. I am so sorry about your losses. Now, this is just hearsay and since I didn't have this issue I didn't think much about it or look it up but I did hear that if someone his thick blood then it can cause a problem with getting enough blood to the placenta which is the cause of some miscarriages. Make sure u talk to your doctor about that. Good luck.:hugs:

So sry for ur loss. Try taking a low dose of asprin sweetie, it will thin ur blood nd make it easier to take ur blood, not only that it will also help with any future pregnancy nd helping a baby to implant properly.

This is how my Hughes Syndrome was diagnosed, because of my recurring miscarriages. That and I always had headaches and bad balance which was shrugged off as me being clumsy..
I would ask about it, as until it is treated, miscarriages will most likely recur. Also if you suspect this, PLEASE don't self-medicate with over the counter drugs. Your meds and dose will need to be adjusted to suit you personally and there is not much worse than being on too much or too little of a dose.. hughes greatly increases risks of heart attacks and clots and is not something you want to try self treating.

Fingers crossed its not this and is nothing serious but if you are concerned I'd get it checked out.
Though bare in mind some people do just have thicker blood than others lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->