Anyone having this problem??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Aidan's Mummy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Aidan's Mummy

Aidan's Mummy Mummy to Aidan and Oliver

and the problem is last year i brought this beautiful coat in a size , lovely white long coat and i adore it and it WAS so warm. But now i cant do the buttons up anymore lol and when i do manage to get one done up it just looks stupid. If my coat was red id look like bloody sanat clause lol :rofl:. And i really dont see the point in buying another coat because i havn't got long left and it would just be a waste

Any one else having this. And any idea how to stop my self from freezing when i gout out lol??
    xx:hug:

2. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

i was the same last year. couldnt do any of my nic ecoats up and ended up just wearing my old fleece. You havent got too long left so i wouldnt bother getting another coat.

just layer up.

3. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

I posted a simmular thread earlier today.
    I can't find any maternity coats anywhere!! And Im in desperate need of one as mine no longer fits and theres a while left before the cold goes ):
    Xx

4. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

I'm the same hun, 'cos I'm being induced around 37-38 weeks, I've onyl got 7 or 8 weeks left, and I resent paying for a coat I can only wear for a bit!!!

I just put a few layers on, then wear my coat without doing it up. If it's freezing like today, I just put on a long scarf to cover the gap!!!!

xxx

5. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

I have the same problem. I can just about do mine up but its tight. In few weeks I dont think it will do up but Im not buying a new one I just wont go out lolz

6. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

Im the same to !!

I have bought a long warm scarf so it falls over bump where my coat is open and just put and extra layer on !!

I carnt afford to buy a coat just for a few weeks !!

7. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

There are some nice (and not too expensive!) chunky knits around this season.... maybe one of those would do the trick?

8. redberry3

redberry3 Love My Little Peek <3

yep....i look like a homeless person the way i am dressing to go outside these days...and the coats are too expensive!!

9. codegirl

codegirl Mom to Big E & little e

I would buy one if I could find one, but so far, no luck!

10. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better, they said today that this is just a cold "snap" and it won't last long. So if your due soon, you'll probably get away with just layering for a few weeks.

11. Shri

Shri Well-Known Member

I'm just going to use a nice long and wide scarf to make up for the gap where I can't close up my normal coat. It seems silly to fork out for a coat that will only last a few weeks.

12. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I have a long double breasted coat and just fasten the top set of buttons. I don't much care what I look like! My intention is not to go out too much!