anyone help me!!

mummyof2

Mum of 3 & TTC no4
Reaction score
I'm 27wks tomorrow and i have been get really bad heartburn!!
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips to get rid off it.
It's really starting to drive me mad now, i've had it for 2 days solid this time but many of other times.:hissy:

I looked up some natural ways for you to get rid of heartburn in a safe manner during pregnancy. I came up with:

# Eat smaller, more frequent meals
# Remain upright for an hour after eating, lying down can irritate the problem
# Eating yogurt or drinking milk can help
# Avoid spicy or greasy foods
# Try a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm milk
# Mercurius Solubilis 6C three times daily

I hope this helps sweety. Feel better soon. :D

I had this with my last pregnancy and it seems no matter what you do nothing helps. Mine was so bad I ended up sleeping in a recliner and vomiting every single night for 4 months. My doctor gave me Protonix which helped a ton. I would suggest calling your doctor, they should be able to help... or give you some medication.

:hugs: I hope it passes for you soon I had it reeeal bad with my 1st :( tis not nice

milk helps me and my aunty recommended tonic water drank as quick as poss- but havent tried that one x

My doctor prescribed me Peptac Liquid, in anniseed (you can get mint too)

i find milk helps but not if its a really bad bout of heart burn. i can't stand gaviscon tho so i tend to go for rennies or super markets own versions. they work really well for me and midwife said they're fine. not sure if u can get them on perscription? maybe ask ur doc

Rennies - but only the soft chews, the ordinary ones weren't as effective

My ob prescribed renatidine (poss sp?) which is safe in pregnancy, i take it twice a day and it's great.
Natural things which help if i have missed my tablet are peppermint tea, milk (Not in the tea, lol) and trebor soft mints, hth. Hope it goes soon chick xxx

I had really bad heartburn with DD and the only thing that remotely helped was drinking milk. I drank so much milk that my mum was considering getting a cow to live in the back garden :rofl:
I also had to sleep propped up in bed so my head was higher than my stomach otherwise the acid would reflux into my throat and mouth. It was awful. I've started getting it every now and then with this one and I'm only 8 weeks! I dread to think what it will be like towards the end :cry:

I've had pretty bad heartburn during this pregnancy and almost everything I eat gives me it. It's horrible! I carry around a big bottle of chewable Rolaids (safe during pregnancy) which I can take if I don't have anything else. Otherwise milk works wonders and so does sitting/laying propped up to that your head and chest is higher than your stomach.

I take a daily pill since mine was so bad from like 11 weeks on -- prilosec OTC --- its AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->